ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine question...

ZaneHickey

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 3, 2004
I know the goal is an injection to prevent Covid. Will it also bring back a person's ability to think rationally? Most important- can it reverse an epidemic if testicular shrinkage?

Irrational fear leads to nonsensical policy and a whole lot of collateral damage. Good job, guys. Pathetic and embarrassing for a once proud (and bold) nation. Time for all of the quiet, "this is now an overblown crock" crowd to be heard.

Yep, their goal is to herd us all into squeeze chutes like cattle and pump more drugs into our bodies. No wonder we're all freaking crazy!

Yep, their goal is to herd us all into squeeze chutes like cattle and pump more drugs into our bodies. No wonder we're all freaking crazy!
And farmers herd their cattle in to squeeze chutes and give them vaccine to keep them alive and healthy. It makes economic sense just as keeping our population from getting COVID makes economic sense. MY fear is that if we don't get a large percentage of our population vaccinated, this thing will continue to beat the hell out of our economy. Some people have a very good and rational reason to fear this thing. One of my best friends is a little overweight, 65, has controlled type II diabetes and just had to have a cardiac surgical procedure to control an irregular heart beat. Yeah, he's scared of COVID and he should be. He spends a lot of money when he goes out and travels. He's not doing any of that right now. Retired citizens spending their life earnings are a huge driver in our economy. We NEED them healthy and back spending.

I agree with getting back to spending. My question is why aren’t we doing it now?

If "this thing" is stirred up and irrational fear fueled by a complicit media and corrupt politicians, I'm right there with you.

If it's Covid, not so much.
As I posted, LOTS of people have a very rational and just fear of being in public places even with a mask on. It just isn't worth the risk to somebody with several comorbidities. As small of a risk as I believe this to be for college aged kids, it's a HUGE risk for older people with heart disease and diabetes. That's why my buddy stays away from people as much as possible. He socializes with a couple of people he thinks are reasonably smart about their behavior but tries to avoid everybody else. Too many people want to visit with him when they see him. He's kind of an area sports legend.

Reactions: BRHuskerDoos
I know the goal is an injection to prevent Covid. Will it also bring back a person's ability to think rationally? Most important- can it reverse an epidemic if testicular shrinkage?

Irrational fear leads to nonsensical policy and a whole lot of collateral damage. Good job, guys. Pathetic and embarrassing for a once proud (and bold) nation. Time for all of the quiet, "this is now an overblown crock" crowd to be heard.

To answer your question, no, it will not. But this is the perfect thread for me to post something that might make you go off even more. Let me get it organized. It'll take a minute because I have to post like 10 things so @dinglefritz can read it.

If this is true, and I haven't checked it, I'd be willing to get my pitch fork and tiki torches and AR-15s and take a walk to Dr Fauci's house.

Behold, the alleged story of how 2.2 million people were going to die from the wuflu:

This news doesn't surprise me all that much. There has been a tremendous amount of junk science that has influenced decisions at every level. The first problem was people believing anything that China's government spewed. The second was people taking wild stabs at estimates based on some of the extenuating circumstances we saw in Italy and New York City early on. MOST of the rest of the country is not like either of those places. This is still a really bad virus. We still have to try to control it but for heaven's sake, we have to be logical about things.

Dingle,

You and I have argued before on this. I still believe this is a situation much ado about nothing. It has affected me zero as a commercial carpenter. Dozens of subs come and gone from our job. No quarantine, no mask ever. No one has been sick either. It has had equal effect on all others employed, sub or not. Working at new hangar next door to main air terminal here.

In my most uneducated opinion, healthy people stay healthy, unhealthy people die. That is life.

We are ruining our economy to try to beat Mother Nature.

Dingle,

You and I have argued before on this. I still believe this is a situation much ado about nothing. It has affected me zero as a commercial carpenter. Dozens of subs come and gone from our job. No quarantine, no mask ever. No one has been sick either. It has had equal effect on all others employed, sub or not. Working at new hangar next door to main air terminal here.

In my most uneducated opinion, healthy people stay healthy, unhealthy people die. That is life.

We are ruining our economy to try to beat Mother Nature.
Unhealthy people die without a vaccination... I have a lot of friends who are contractors in various trades. In our area, people are still going gang busters. Economically in many ways we're still doing well. Stores and restaurants are still open. Only the box stores require masks. Bars are open etc. I agree to some degree with your post but man, I'm one of those guys who works his tail off 60 hours per week believe it or not, but am still in a high risk category. I'll probably be a highly productive person in to my mid 70s if I don't get the Rona and assume room temperature.

I've lost one acquaintance who literally died with COVID instead from it even though he's counted on the tally. Every single other person I know has had mild disease including a 72 year old woman who likely caught it on an airplane in early March. Her 75 year old husband who sleeps in the same bed with her never even got a sniffle and didn't test positive. They exercise a LOT and get lots of sun. I had another friend in his late 50s who got it and got fairly sick but he was back on a strenuous job within 2 weeks. 2 Drs I know in their 50s same deal.

All that said, there are some people for whatever reason that this deal really knocks on their ass. Some of them are young and very productive people. This isn't a good virus to use the survival of the fittest attitude with. Be cautious. Try to keep as many people from getting it as is logical and sane to do. There are HUGE economic costs from hospitalizations to our taxpayers and economy so I don't think ignoring it completely is a good idea. Shutting down things for age groups who really aren't at an appreciably risk from this virus though is just insane.

Unhealthy people die without a vaccination... I have a lot of friends who are contractors in various trades. In our area, people are still going gang busters. Economically in many ways we're still doing well. Stores and restaurants are still open. Only the box stores require masks. Bars are open etc. I agree to some degree with your post but man, I'm one of those guys who works his tail off 60 hours per week believe it or not, but am still in a high risk category. I'll probably be a highly productive person in to my mid 70s if I don't get the Rona and assume room temperature.

I've lost one acquaintance who literally died with COVID instead from it even though he's counted on the tally. Every single other person I know has had mild disease including a 72 year old woman who likely caught it on an airplane in early March. Her 75 year old husband who sleeps in the same bed with her never even got a sniffle and didn't test positive. They exercise a LOT and get lots of sun. I had another friend in his late 50s who got it and got fairly sick but he was back on a strenuous job within 2 weeks. 2 Drs I know in their 50s same deal.

All that said, there are some people for whatever reason that this deal really knocks on their ass. Some of them are young and very productive people. This isn't a good virus to use the survival of the fittest attitude with. Be cautious. Try to keep as many people from getting it as is logical and sane to do. There are HUGE economic costs from hospitalizations to our taxpayers and economy so I don't think ignoring it completely is a good idea. Shutting down things for age groups who really aren't at an appreciably risk from this virus though is just insane.

Is this not just natural selection?

I believe in that. I also believe that being healthy lets you live longer. In my case I walk nearly 10,000 steps a day at work whilst performing my skills. Used porta pottys for 40 years too. I believe that boosted my immune system too.

This news doesn't surprise me all that much. There has been a tremendous amount of junk science that has influenced decisions at every level. The first problem was people believing anything that China's government spewed. The second was people taking wild stabs at estimates based on some of the extenuating circumstances we saw in Italy and New York City early on. MOST of the rest of the country is not like either of those places. This is still a really bad virus. We still have to try to control it but for heaven's sake, we have to be logical about things.

The junk science is a serious issue. The mantra has been "listen to the experts, trust the experts" - that is done. They'll never have the trust of a discerning individual again. 60%+ of the country are sheep and will go along with whatever, but the rest won't.

What makes it "a really bad virus" ??? Is it the motorcycle deaths? The gunshot victims? The 80 year olds in hospice?

For months we had to put up with the stupidity of "the spread is exponential" and "it's the most contagious thing ever" - all that garbage is done now and it appears that the virus really only impacts about 20% of the population. 1% or less end up in the hospital and 1% of them die.

Imagine, a virus so deadly the median age of death is also the life expectancy age and those dying had significant comorbidities.

NYC was the product of democrat mismanagement. Empty field hospitals and hospital ships. 1 busy hospital that the media could play up because they refused to transfer patients and it's a historically troubled hospital in one of the poorest areas - coincidence? Nursing homes with excess deaths because sick patients were sent there. And the media just lets their Governor take victory laps daily. All while NYC is boarded up and crime soars.

All NYC has done is sow more fear and panic. Why anyone puts any stock in that shithole is beyond me.

Have there been real illness and deaths? I'm sure there has, just like every other illness and disease. But what has happened because of it has been far worse.

If it does work as you say, you guys need to be first in line for shots. Maybe a double dose. The nation is a reflection of its leadership (or lack of it). This could have been handled early and effectively but our leadership were too cowardly to act and here we are. Warren = Trump
Armchair know it all.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT