ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine Progress

It won’t be mandated and I would bet a lot of parents won’t vaccinate their children the first year. Most popular and less concerned will be 55+.
I really don't know if I would make my 20 year old get vaccinated. I would think waiting tables in a resort area all summer would probably be enough vaccine.......

I really don't know if I would make my 20 year old get vaccinated. I would think waiting tables in a resort area all summer would probably be enough vaccine.......
Well IMO you can give a 20 year old advice BUT the 20 year old should make their own decision. If they can vote, they can decide whether or not they want to be vaccinated.

Well IMO you can give a 20 year old advice BUT the 20 year old should make their own decision. If they can vote, they can decide whether or not they want to be vaccinated.
When you're forking over 70K/year for a private university of their choice, then they had better take your "advice". Winking It doesn't hurt that momma will make a recommendation to many hundreds if not several thousand patients about this vaccine.

I just signed up for the meridian trial. I’ll let you all know when I start to turn into a zombie!
So did I. I wonder if I should let Mrs. Sparky know. I mean, hell I'm already cut, we won' have any zombie kids.

This will be fascinating. If the vaccine costs $$$$ people will freak out about a conspiracy over the cost. If it's free, people will freak out over something bring added to it in order to __________.

Either way, any vaccine will undoubtedly "protect others" if enough people get it. In which case, people should be lined up around the block to receive one, assuming folks will put money where their mouth is.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
So did I. I wonder if I should let Mrs. Sparky know. I mean, hell I'm already cut, we won' have any zombie kids.
Ha. I was just thinking about telling the wife. She’s in the “this is a hoax” boat so it will be frowned upon I’m sure. Good thing she’s a big fan of the Walking Dead lol

Reactions: sparky62
I don't have a single AR..Winking

c75557778606d8c583ec81366d40687b.jpg

As much as I want to believe this is a "moonshot" type of deal, I just cant get past the idea of this being a profit play by big pharma and the government. The whole thing just seems like a fictional narrative to me, where there is an unknown villain from beyond this dimension and a hero that comes in to save us all. It's just way too prepackaged to be real.
iu

Ha. I was just thinking about telling the wife. She’s in the “this is a hoax” boat so it will be frowned upon I’m sure. Good thing she’s a big fan of the Walking Dead lol
150,000 people dead and adding 1000 every day sounds like a hoax. i wish they could prove all this is really happening. i see no evidence other than stories on the internet. i need to see thousands of real dead people or this isn't really happening. LOL

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Which vaccine is Meridian testing out?

article discussing possible side effects of vaccine trials so far
That article was terrible. Granted I skimmed it quickly, but muscle aches and fatigue? Maybe some chills or fever? Didnt even say how long that "as high as 100.4" temp lasted and what "acetomenophin did little for these" means. Did it reduce the fever? Alleviate a some of the aches or cramps?

And God damn, i think i can deal with that for a day if means no Covid.

150,000 people dead and adding 1000 every day sounds like a hoax. i wish they could prove all this is really happening. i see no evidence other than stories on the internet. i need to see thousands of real dead people or this isn't really happening. LOL

Remind me how many people die every day in the US?

That article was terrible. Granted I skimmed it quickly, but muscle aches and fatigue? Maybe some chills or fever? Didnt even say how long that "as high as 100.4" temp lasted and what "acetomenophin did little for these" means. Did it reduce the fever? Alleviate a some of the aches or cramps?

FWIW, if you give the adjuvant and carrier that are in a vaccine like that to 100 people minus the antigen, you're likely going to have several who are going to have symptoms like that from local injection site inflammation. Steroids would be the best way to treat the symptoms from a reaction to the adjuvant or antigen. Tylenol does nothing for inflammation. I have a suspicion that because of all of the hand wringing about how long immunity to the vaccine will last, companies are putting in too much adjuvant (a chemical or substance used to enhance an immune response). Many people have a similar reaction to flu vaccine. It's normally harmless.

ha reading that list, I thought you were talking about covid, not the vaccine

Quick rundown of phase 1 data. The phase 3 is going to be a 100 microgram dose. It produces antibodies, which will provide short term protection but we have no idea about the long term t-cell production. The phase 1 and phase 2 will continue to have tests to measure long term protection as we move through the phase 3 trial. One person had to quit the study due to skin rashes and the most severe side effects cited in the study were localized pain. As the professional says in the video, there could still be side effects that pop when it is given to 30k people that did not show up in the very small phase 1. My job places me at high risk for a high dose infection so I joined the study because my country already views me as a lab rat, why not get the antibodies?

Quick rundown of phase 1 data. The phase 3 is going to be a 100 microgram dose. It produces antibodies, which will provide short term protection but we have no idea about the long term t-cell production. The phase 1 and phase 2 will continue to have tests to measure long term protection as we move through the phase 3 trial. One person had to quit the study due to skin rashes and the most severe side effects cited in the study were localized pain. As the professional says in the video, there could still be side effects that pop when it is given to 30k people that did not show up in the very small phase 1. My job places me at high risk for a high dose infection so I joined the study because my country already views me as a lab rat, why not get the antibodies?
Lots of information to digest in that video. After listening to the whole video no doubt somebody on here is going to be taking their dog's heartworm preventative to keep from getting COVID.Laughing

once again, putting out information that people might not be aware of.

Lots of information to digest in that video. After listening to the whole video no doubt somebody on here is going to be taking their dog's heartworm preventative to keep from getting COVID.Laughing

Have you seen any of the news on the use of budesonide? I've seen some differing opinions on it, but it seems to have helped a lot of people. It's use reminds me of hydroxychloroquine. A lot of differing opinion, but in some people has really shown to help and to my knowledge it is a pretty common drug, but I just read things.

Have you seen any of the news on the use of budesonide? I've seen some differing opinions on it, but it seems to have helped a lot of people. It's use reminds me of hydroxychloroquine. A lot of differing opinion, but in some people has really shown to help and to my knowledge it is a pretty common drug, but I just read things.
I really haven't seen anybody other than the one Dr. write anything on budesonide for COVID. It's a drug that thousands if not millions of Americans use as a potent inhaled steroid to help reduce airway inflammation. It never worked for my asthma but if parenterally administered dexamethasone is of as much benefit as it seems, then an inhaled steroid logically might help. Logically especially if the person is asthmatic it should be of value. The reason you use steroids in an inhaled form though is that you can get the highest level of anti-inflammatory effect with a lower systemic level. That in theory reduces the risk of some of the side effects. That said, back when I used to use a triamcinalone steroid inhaler, I could definitely tell that I was getting systemic effects. The down side of using an inhaled steroid IMO might be though that it also could reduce airway immune defenses to some degree.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT