ADVERTISEMENT

USC RB Markese Stepp

We can all look at Burrow and say that most likely that was a mistake not going after him. That said, he struggled that first year at LSU and our O line for what would have been his second year at NU absolutely sucked. He would have gotten killed and be selling life insurance right now instead of having been a #1 draft pick. The ONLY game where Burrow looked like a guy we should pursue was mop up duty at OSU against NU in that blow out. Who the hell could have predicted what he did his senior year at LSU?

Frost has always been willng to try to recruit over existing players whether it was with high schoolers or transfers. A case in point is Oliver Martin getting the PT he did this year right after being declared eligible. Boe Wilson getting benched for a younger player is another example. He tried starting Luke for Adrian. He's exploring all options to improve game day performance of our team. Frankly, while I love Luke's attitude and athleticism, I would like to see us go after a kid with proven success playing QB at a high level over either D-1 or big class high school competition. I'm a little concerned about the quality of our QB depth from a passing game perspective.

Define "struggle" for Burrow and then compare him to our QB production. You said it, not me.

Define "struggle" for Burrow and then compare him to our QB production. You said it, not me.
Burrow's junior year at LSU he competed 57.8% of his passes. He averaged 7.6 yards per attempt. He had 16 TDs and 5 ints. His senior year he completed over 76% of his passes for over 10 yards per attempt and 60 TDs with 6 ints. His senior year he doubled his passing yards from his junior year. His sophomore year in mop up duty at OSU he completed less than 63% of his passes for an average of 5 yards per attempt. There was nothing that said Burrow would have been an upgrade over Martinez until he got to LSU. Hindsight is 20/20. It was VERY fortunate for him that he chose to go to a team loaded with O line and skill position talent and an extremely bright new co-OC.

I’m from indiana and love our HS Football.

Cathedral was the second best team in the state.
Center Grove was one of the best teams we’ve had ever as a state. Huge OL, amazing DL, and a really good QB. They just wore everyone out. However, they had an awesome ball game with Cathedral, barely pulled winning at the end

What team did your dad’s friend coach for?
Add Carmel, Lawrence North, and the Butler Bulldogs to my earlier reply.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT