ADVERTISEMENT

USC is gonna get absolutely destroyed in the B1G

USC will get “destroyed”? By who? OSU and Michigan may be able to beat them, but USC is clearly better than the rest of us.
Nebraska and Wisconsin, depending on what Rhule and Fickell do, and PSU are all capable of beating USC. This is a Lincoln Riley team. Not Pete Carroll. OU fans have been pointing out all night and today that they weren't surprised to see this happen to USC. Apparently, it's his calling card. I wouldn't know because I don't follow Oklahoma. But his teams have great offenses and piss poor defenses, and are very soft. According to Sooner fans. Which is very much a Big 12 team.

And a Big 12 team would get destroyed in the B1G.

Ask Nebraska fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Holy shit. I mean, not even close. I know there are a number of Husker fans who don't like the B1G or still like to make fun of the conference for whatever reason, but not only are they about to have two teams in the playoff, but they are going to straight murder USC when they enter the conference.

Michigan, Ohio St.*, Wisconsin, PSU and maybe even NU depending on the kind of offense Rhule installs, is just going to go in dry on them. And I say that as a USC fan (second favorite team).

We saw it last week in the UM/OSU game and now with this game. You can have all the talent in the world. But nothing replaces getting smacked in the mouth.

*OSU was a lot like USC. They were more talented than Michigan, but Michigan just murdered them at the LOS.
Totally agree

Nebraska and Wisconsin, depending on what Rhule and Fickell do, and PSU are all capable of beating USC. This is a Lincoln Riley team. Not Pete Carroll. OU fans have been pointing out all night and today that they weren't surprised to see this happen to USC. Apparently, it's his calling card. I wouldn't know because I don't follow Oklahoma. But his teams have great offenses and piss poor defenses, and are very soft. According to Sooner fans. Which is very much a Big 12 team.

Ask Nebraska fans.

I guess anything is possible, but my guess is this will not age well.

Holy shit. I mean, not even close. I know there are a number of Husker fans who don't like the B1G or still like to make fun of the conference for whatever reason, but not only are they about to have two teams in the playoff, but they are going to straight murder USC when they enter the conference.

Michigan, Ohio St.*, Wisconsin, PSU and maybe even NU depending on the kind of offense Rhule installs, is just going to go in dry on them. And I say that as a USC fan (second favorite team).

We saw it last week in the UM/OSU game and now with this game. You can have all the talent in the world. But nothing replaces getting smacked in the mouth.

*OSU was a lot like USC. They were more talented than Michigan, but Michigan just murdered them at the LOS.
In a few years the California politicians will ban tackling and force the rest of the Big 10 to agree to it. That will guarantee USC and UCLA can compete without playing physical football. Then they'll ban keeping score because it's not fair to teams that have less talent.

In a few years the California politicians will ban tackling and force the rest of the Big 10 to agree to it. That will guarantee USC and UCLA can compete without playing physical football. Then they'll ban keeping score because it's not fair to teams that have less talent.
usc and ucla are probably all ready wanting a 0bama/biden 95 different gender team

I'd ease up on that position some. Notre Dame plays Big 10-ish football and USC handled beat them well.

I think it'll be competitive. Each game will be, but USC will be a competent foe.

Reactions: moralvictories
Well, that certainly would have helped Nebraska even the playing field these last few years that’s for sure.

• Haha
USC has the money to buy elite talent, moreso than most other Big10 schools, moreso than us.

They'll catch right up.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
This all depends on their philosophy. Pete Carroll put together elite offensive and defensive lines with just the talent in Southern California. If Lincoln Riley can do the same, they'll do just fine in the BIG. But, Carroll also had an awesome run/pass mix. He could beat you with either depending on the opponent. Seems like Riley is wowed by his quarterback development.

Ask Nebraska fans.
I've never understood this. If you can coach up elite offense, how does it make sense that some of these teams play garbage defense. We don't care if you score 40 on us because we'll score 48???

Reactions: HominidHusker
I seriously doubt USC is going to get clobbered in the B1G. That's wishful thinking. USC is like Ohio State. It has natural recruiting advantages, boatloads of NIL cash to buy what it wants in the portal, a rich history/tradition and a coach who was a winner at Oklahoma.

I seriously doubt USC is going to get clobbered in the B1G. That's wishful thinking. USC is like Ohio State. It has natural recruiting advantages, boatloads of NIL cash to buy what it wants in the portal, a rich history/tradition and a coach who was a winner at Oklahoma.
What’s more interesting who ever does these B1G f’up schedule’s how many November games does USC and UCLA play on the road ?

The other thing is Notre Dame games with USC.. Games in LA have been the last weekend in November and if there in South Bend it’s in October..

Will be interesting seeing how they handle the Trojan schedule..

Reactions: baseball31ne
What’s more interesting who ever does these B1G f’up schedule’s how many November games does USC and UCLA play on the road ?

The other thing is Notre Dame games with USC.. Games in LA have been the last weekend in November and if there in South Bend it’s in October..

I think USC and UCLA should receive the same welcome that Nebraska got when we joined the B1G. Give them Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. They should have to face the best teams in the conference right away.

I still have a sneaky suspicion we're not done robbing the PAC. I think the commish wants to get a couple of more West Coast teams to have night games from the West Coast.

I think USC and UCLA should receive the same welcome that Nebraska got when we joined the B1G. Give them Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. They should have to face the best teams in the conference right away.
Im ok with playing ohio state 4 times more then indiana..
the problem is we did that with dumb ass coaches and ad's
hopefully thats changed.

I think the big will look at usc as a money grab, and spin the conferance game roulet wheel
but end up with them playing the 2 big darlings alot.
they seem to fear any systematic structure to games that makes sense

I still have a sneaky suspicion we're not done robbing the PAC. I think the commish wants to get a couple of more West Coast teams to have night games from the West Coast.
Perhaps some combination of Oregon, Washington, or Stanford.

Perhaps some combination of Oregon, Washington, or Stanford.
I would take them 3, then put them in a 5 team pod with usc & ucla....(so their travel isn't out of controll)
then add nd, to make 20 teams...
so you would have 4, 5 team pods that rotate with other pods...that way everyone plays everyone within 3 years...
and produce alot of good match ups
(then have a conferance champ game based on the best record between 2 pods, vs the other 2)

I would take them 3, then put them in a 5 team pod with usc & ucla....(so their travel isn't out of controll)
then add nd, to make 20 teams...
so you would have 4, 5 team pods that rotate with other pods...that way everyone plays everyone within 3 years...
and produce alot of good match ups
(then have a conferance champ game based on the best record between 2 pods, vs the other 2)
That would be contingent on whether ND wants to join. So far, ND doesn't want to give up their independence, they are sitting comfortably the way things are now.

So, USC will be destroyed like Nebraska has been destroyed in the B1G or worse than us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT