ADVERTISEMENT

USC and UCLA will come in as full members

If you love the big ten, you hate Nebraska

there is no world where you can side with both, and from my vantage point, there is literally nothing to love about our woke joke conference

spare me the money bullsh*t. the second we sold out for money we started sucking ass on the field, just like the rest of our B1G brethren
No more than when we got texas and other former SWC schools to join the old BIG 8 and form the BIG12, that was a huge mess and mistake. By the way don't tell me what I love and hate you have no idea unless you claim to be clairvoyant, which would be hilarious.

If you love the big ten, you hate Nebraska

there is no world where you can side with both, and from my vantage point, there is literally nothing to love about our woke joke conference

spare me the money bullsh*t. the second we sold out for money we started sucking ass on the field, just like the rest of our B1G brethren
Is your goal to convert other Husker fans here to hate the conference with you?

Jw, because your approach isn't how that's done.

So this is either "woe is me" or trolling on behalf of different team. Or plain narcissism...

Is your goal to convert other Husker fans here to hate the conference with you?

Jw, because your approach isn't how that's done.

So this is either "woe is me" or trolling on behalf of different team. Or plain narcissism...
I cannot believe how many pansies call themselves Nebraska fans while simultaneously praising the dogsh*t conference that’s done everything in its power to rub our noses in everything we believe in and stand for

everyone should wake up to the reality that we joined a 2nd rate conference that has never been nationally competitive for money, and that decision has destroyed everything about the university that Nebraskans take pride in

if you’re a B1G fan, f*ck you

I cannot believe how many pansies call themselves Nebraska fans while simultaneously praising the dogsh*t conference that’s done everything in its power to rub our noses in everything we believe in and stand for

everyone should wake up to the reality that we joined a 2nd rate conference that has never been nationally competitive for money, and that decision has destroyed everything about the university that Nebraskans take pride in

What a very, very classy and funny human being you must think of yourself. You might try and hold a civil conversation once in awhile, you just might learn something other than spewing your off-color language. Your crassness is nearly unrivaled on this site, at least you have that going for you.

I don't mind the big, in fact I'm happy to be part of it, looking at all the alternatives..
I just ask 2 things, add fertile recruiting schools, houston, tcu, miami, nc....
and make a fair and balanced schedule and stick to it...

besides that it's just on frost and co. to giddy up
and them there multi millionaire fans, giddy up on nil...

Reactions: BleedRed78
What a very, very classy and funny human being you must think of yourself. You might try and hold a civil conversation once in awhile, you just might learn something other than spewing your off-color language. Your crassness is nearly unrivaled on this site, at least you have that going for you.
we are now viewed nationally the same way your beloved B1G is - completely irrelevant

but, hey, perhaps it’s more civilized since it’s such an “elite” academic conference (ranked well behind the ACC)

hope you’re happy! B1G is the worst of all worlds for Nebraska and its fans.

we are now viewed nationally the same way your beloved B1G is - completely irrelevant

but, hey, perhaps it’s more civilized since it’s such an “elite” academic conference.

hope you’re happy!
It's not the B1G's fault. They gave us the West on a platter. We were supposed to be the marquis team. The B1G isn't the problem. We are. I'm not sure of any other program in the country would give a man a 5th year without getting to .500.

Last edited:
It's not the B1G's fault. They gave us the West on a platter. We were supposed to be the marquis team. The B1G isn't the problem. We are. I'm not sure of any other program in the country would give one a man a 5th year without getting to .500.
We took the money and now we suck

tale as old as time

even winning the B1G is no accomplishment - it’s an invitation to be publicly executed by an SEC team

we lowered our standards and surrounded ourselves with losers for money

now we fit right in with the rest of these never-win blowhards

Here's what getting USC and UCLA did for the rest of the BIG schools: All members of the BIG will soon get an estimated 100 million each once the new agreement is reached with networks. As it stands now a full share at the BIG TEN conference is around 56 million so Nebraska will more than double it's share and if ND comes in you can up that total to 120 to130 million for a full share.

The Nebraska's athletic dept. will be set for a long time and even though people will always donate funds to the athletic department it won't be as critical for the department to ask for handouts. This is how you win the war in college football, cash to spend on upgrades that other conferences can't touch.

Be thankful Nebraska got into a conference that is going to allow Nebraska to be relevant and continue to be a national brand for a long time.
For all the fire the coach people out there this increase will allow Nebraska to fire and hire with out much hesitation, it really frees up the AD to do what is necessary.

Now it's onto football and let the chips fall where they may and may good fortune favor Nebraska.
Best post in thread

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'm glad Nebraska's in the Big 10 and left when they did. Given the way college football is going, there's no guarantee that Nebraska would've had the option to join the Big 10 or SEC if they had similar results as they've had since joining the conference. At least now, Nebraska's locked into one of the two conferences that will for sure be around when the expansion craze continues. Nebraska won't be left behind and will have just as many resources as other schools in the conference to get better and compete for titles. Will it be more difficult? Sure, it will. But in the end, if you don't want to play the best, then why play at all?

You're going to have to beat great teams to win a title anyway so get good. The right coach can win anywhere so let's save the loser mentality that Nebraska will never win anything ever again.

You failed to answer my question?

but, hey, perhaps it’s more civilized since it’s such an “elite” academic conference (ranked well behind the ACC)

hope you’re happy! B1G is the worst of all worlds for Nebraska and its fans.
I guess that's why everybody is trying to join the conference. Dying to be "irrelevant" lmao

I'm glad Nebraska's in the Big 10 and left when they did. Given the way college football is going, there's no guarantee that Nebraska would've had the option to join the Big 10 or SEC if they had similar results as they've had since joining the conference. At least now, Nebraska's locked into one of the two conferences that will for sure be around when the expansion craze continues. Nebraska won't be left behind and will have just as many resources as other schools in the conference to get better and compete for titles. Will it be more difficult? Sure, it will. But in the end, if you don't want to play the best, then why play at all?

You're going to have to beat great teams to win a title anyway so get good. The right coach can win anywhere so let's save the loser mentality that Nebraska will never win anything ever again.
Exactly. I'd rather be a Detroit Lions in the big league than be the Calgary Stampeders in the lesser Canadian league...

Apparently king dong is more of a cfl/xfl type of fan...

You failed to answer my question?
no, I didn't

I post nothing but facts about how non-competitive, irrelevant (on the field/court), criminal and pathetic the B1G is

that there are "Nebraska fans" who go to bat for this conference at every turn is hilarious to me - those people are witnessing the future they longed for back when they cheered our move to the pedo league

anyone who says the B1G is 'the big leagues', please provide any possible on-field/court proof of this claim

in terms of winning championships, the B1G is BY FAR the worst of the P5 conferences. the league boasts a total of 2 football titles since 1970. TWO IN FIFTY-TWO YEARS!!!!!! there isn't anything remotely close to elite about any facet of this conference in actual athletic competition

we are surrounded with loser programs that have literally never won anything in 100+ years of existence, and we now wonder why we look identical to them

the only thing dickwad b1g fans can say to ALL of the above is: "but, the money!"

to which I say - take your share of the B1G payout, turn it sideways, and shove it straight up your candy ass!

Last edited:
I hope all you b1g stans know one of the league's unequivocal heros, bo shembeckler (don't care how its spelled), won a total of ZERO national championships

doesn't get any more b1g than worshipping at the altar of a guy who won jack sh*t

@konaki probably has him inside his personal top 5 coaches of all time lol

I guess that's why everybody is trying to join the conference. Dying to be "irrelevant" lmao
every team you hear rumored to join the conference (pac12 leftovers) cares about money first and winning second

it's why notre dame will never be a part of the b1g, and why a b1g team will never beat an SEC team in the playoffs ever again

the line to join the SEC is 5x longer than the soup kitchen equivalent waiting outside b1g HQ

Just to add some facts to the situation with Fox and BTN. When the network launched in 2007 the league owned a 51% controlling ownership, by 2010 Fox had gained the controlling interest 51%

Also tucked away in Fox’s annual report from 2021 was a note that the network had increased “its ownership interest” in the Big Ten Network to approximately 61%. Sources at both Big Ten institutions and Fox confirmed to Extra Points that the Big Ten presidents and chancellors exercised a put clause in year four of a five-year time frame that was part of their original contract with Fox and allowed the league to sell part of its interest back to their network partner. The put clause was in place back in 2007 FWIW.
51% isn't necessarily a controlling interest but could be. The charter could specify another amount to have full control like 60%.

But whatever, there are a bunch of incompetent people running the conference-- we already knew that, at least for the media rights negotiations, there is some law firm negotiating the deal for the schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT