US women's soccer.

NewMexicoHusker

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 8, 2002
Congrats to all the true patriots who were excited to tell everyone they were rooting against Team USA
Congrats to the pillow bitters who have this poster above their bed.
gettyimages-1152561870-a902a3890df1d6104300088a76737f6a9d8e8d7f.jpg

aft_lizard01

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 10, 2007
Congrats to all the true patriots who were excited to tell everyone they were rooting against Team USA
Yeah, true patriots shit on the US every chance they get. I also forgot how true patriots aren't allowed to be patriots unless they 100% always cheer for American sports people. I remember my Oath to serve specifically mentioned what makes a patriot and that specifically you had to cheer for a team led by a liar who hates half of America. Ahh freedom.

BBTown Bomber

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Scottsbluff, NE
Yeah, true patriots shit on the US every chance they get. I also forgot how true patriots aren't allowed to be patriots unless they 100% always cheer for American sports people. I remember my Oath to serve specifically mentioned what makes a patriot and that specifically you had to cheer for a team led by a liar who hates half of America. Ahh freedom.
I’m confused on yore real message here. Would give you a “like” if I determine that yore a true patriot…….😎✊

NU24MIA17

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2017
Disrespect the flag……well, you know the rest.

The thin-skins here wouldn’t tolerate my real response…….🙄

This reminds me of MLK Jr's quote: "Somewhere I read that the greatness of America was the right to protest for rights."

Using the flag for protest is acceptable free speech, as is kneeling during the anthem. It gets attention, which is the point of non-violent protest, the only kind of protest most conservatives ever allow racial minorites and/or women to use. Its purpose is to trigger "thin-skins" like you, with the long term goal of enacting change in the court of law after debate and taking the proper legislative course. Literally look at all the changes in policy MLK influenced from 1956-1965, and that was his process. Your response, and not to single you out, many on here think the same way, you just reminded me of King, is in a long line of examples of being on the wrong side of history.

The women were older and less motivated.

wakta5

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2012
What a dumb thread. Their performance has nothing to do with their patriotism, equal pay, or them trying to make commercials. A lot of pieces didn’t fall into place for their unprecedented run. Morgan’s first meaningful minutes after coming back from pregnancy, Mal Pughs absence and decline through injury. Ertz playing the CDM role and coming back off a long layoff due to injury. The coache’s first big tournament with little international experience. A lot of bad takes.

BBTown Bomber

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Scottsbluff, NE
This reminds me of MLK Jr's quote: "Somewhere I read that the greatness of America was the right to protest for rights."

Using the flag for protest is acceptable free speech, as is kneeling during the anthem. It gets attention, which is the point of non-violent protest, the only kind of protest most conservatives ever allow racial minorites and/or women to use. Its purpose is to trigger "thin-skins" like you, with the long term goal of enacting change in the court of law after debate and taking the proper legislative course. Literally look at all the changes in policy MLK influenced from 1956-1965, and that was his process. Your response, and not to single you out, many on here think the same way, you just reminded me of King, is in a long line of examples of being on the wrong side of history.

The women were older and less motivated.
So happy yore view here is from that high-horse you obviously live on. And good for you for leaning heavily on MLK to lock in yore view.

Maybe yore the “thin-skin” that doesn’t appreciate what this country offers for all who live here. There are inequalities and injustices that can impact many, regardless of skin color, religious preference or political leanings.

So what?? Suck it up, Buttercup, and respect the flag of the country you live in. OR……find another home (country) that has a better fit for yore particular wants and needs.

Any other thoughts?? 🙄

Last edited:

wakta5

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2012
Exactly…a smaller population than the lone state of California.

So why isn’t the US the best country in every sport? A lot of Latin American and Caribbean countries are better than us in baseball. Why isn’t the men’s soccer team consistently better then Italy’s? Hell we aren’t even the worlds top ranked rifle team even though we have the most guns than any other county.

Extreme55

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2015
Somewhere between here and there.
What a dumb thread. Their performance has nothing to do with their patriotism, equal pay, or them trying to make commercials. A lot of pieces didn’t fall into place for their unprecedented run. Morgan’s first meaningful minutes after coming back from pregnancy, Mal Pughs absence and decline through injury. Ertz playing the CDM role and coming back off a long layoff due to injury. The coache’s first big tournament with little international experience. A lot of bad takes.
…Ertz has been playing CDM for quite some time. I would say it had more to do with her and others coming off injury, being older, and yea coaching…he asked his team to play a style contrary to who they’ve been and how the have played in the past.

They played uninspired soccer. They deserved to lose. Cheered for them the entire time…and they were lucky to be in this game.

Last edited:

BBTown Bomber

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Scottsbluff, NE
Why?…It’s a legitimate view. Who anointed you king of US women’s soccer fandom?

Many of the RSS over-lords have this thin-skin diagnosis that they are unable to overcome. This is obviously one of the worst……🙄

Expect deleted posts if they don’t match the company line…..

NU24MIA17

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2017
So happy yore view here is from that high-horse you obviously live on. And good for you for leaning heavily on MLK to lock in yore view.

Maybe yore the “thin-skinthat doesn’t appreciate what this country offers for all who live here. There are inequalities and injustices that can impact many, regardless of skin color, religious preference or political leanings.

So what?? Suck it up, Buttercup, and respect the flag of the country you live in. OR……find another home (country) that has a better fit for yore particular wants and needs.

Any other thoughts?? 🙄

Nope, you so perfectly proved my point I think I'm good. GBR

wakta5

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2012
…Ertz has been playing CDM for quite some time. I would say it had more to do with her and others coming off injury, being older, and yea coaching…he asked his team to play a style contrary to who they’ve been and how the have played in the past.

They played uninspired soccer. They deserved to lose. Cheered for them the entire time…and they were lucky to be in this game.
I agree. CDM is a big role, especially in this direct style of play. Her coming off an injury and lack of minutes in this system was huge. Exposes our back line more especially when Dunn is caught up field.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
***must say this in Larry the Cable guy voice***:

True patriots root fer 'Merica. Unless they are a bunch of girls that have views that differ from mine. Then I root fer Canada like a true snowflake, er patriot!

Also, I am a true capitalist. Unless thems gettin' paid are a bunch of girls. Then they should work fer free fer the love of 'Merica.

Last edited:

auski

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Chill. It's too bad they lost. But, it's just soccer so who really gives a phuck.

IndyHusker

Administrator
Aug 23, 2001
Lafayette, Indiana
Why?…It’s a legitimate view. Who anointed you king of US women’s soccer fandom?

I never watched a minute of women's soccer to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of the game and tend to only tune in during the gold medal matches. But I was pulling for them to take it all given that, well you know, them being Americans and all. Despite some of their perceived shortcomings, I suspect that they all love the United States more than the Canadian ladies do.

Huskers4420

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2016
***must say this in Larry the Cable guy voice***:

True patriots root fer 'Merica. Unless they are a bunch of girls that have views that differ from mine. Then I root fer Canada like a true snowflake, er patriot!

Also, I am a true capitalist. Unless thems gettin' paid are a bunch of girls. Then they should work fer free fer the love of 'Merica.

vaugHCE.png

Latest posts