ADVERTISEMENT

US Men's Soccer!

Well, ummmmm, I believe you started the snark. Don't get all triggered because I'm better at it.
I did not start it, you started it by saying that no one understood such a complicated game. Then you doubled down post after post, for no reason. But you are better at it, I agree with that.

Do you teach or just coach?

Look at your posts, they are just filled with insults, why? Why are die hard soccer coaches like this?

I am glad I helped you make your case, you are welcome for that.
I tend to agree that soccer fan spends a lot of time trying to convince you that their sport is great. Typically it's things like you just don't understand it and for whatever reason, the need to tell me that it is most popular sport in every other country in the world as if that is supposed to convince me to like soccer.

When someone says they don't like American football or whatever, the football fan just says eh, you’re dumb. They don't spend an hour trying to convince the person how wrong they are.

Last edited:
I tend to agree that soccer fan spends a lot of time trying to convince you that their sport is great. Typically it's things like you just don't understand it and for whatever reason, the need to tell me that it is most popular sport in every other country in the world as if that is supposed to convince me to like soccer.

When someone says they don't like American football or whatever, the football fan just says eh, your dumb. They don't spend an hour trying to convince the person how wrong they are.
Amen.

Soccer fan and Hockey fan have LOTS in common....I enjoy both as well though. Just love the soccer atmosphere but I dont remotely try to understand the strategy of the game. I do HATE PKS though.HATE HATE HATE them

I like hockey though, the pace of the game is much more appealing than that of soccer. I used to like the MISL back when I was a Tuquito. Faster paced, more goals.

I like hockey though, the pace of the game is much more appealing than that of soccer. I used to like the MISL back when I was a Tuquito. Faster paced, more goals.
Love going to NHL games. Was in the building for a Cup clincher in 2012. Pretty cool experience

Never said that, but I'm sensing a little vulnerability in you. Pretty clear in how I have handled you that I teach.
A little?

Good lord, more like a lot! I am a vulnerable wreck like 99% of the time.

Much faster, way more physical, tougher.

Hockey is great. Oh and you also know when the game is over.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Soccer fan and Hockey fan have LOTS in common....I enjoy both as well though. Just love the soccer atmosphere but I dont remotely try to understand the strategy of the game. I do HATE PKS though.HATE HATE HATE them
I agree with this. Went I went to the Champions League Semi in Munich a few years back the game was awesome and it had nothing to do with what was on the field. The atmosphere pre-match and throughout the game was electric.

boo-f*ck*n-hoo how old are you 11?

Being coerced to wear a mask is a violation of liberty.

I show no hypocrisy when I reject and condemn the behaviors, actions and words of my fellow citizens with whom I disagree.

I am as entitled to exercise my freedoms of thought and speech as they are.

I am not required to agree with them and I am under no obligation to "respect" their opinion.

I am free to call them the ignorant, thankless, godless, degenerate, un-american, perverted, treasonous pieces of shit that they really are, if I so chose, right?

In the mean time I do not assault them, I do not burn their homes, I do not not loot their businesses, I do not harass them in the streets, I do not threaten or dox them.

And I don't overturn their votes.

So how am I and people like me the hypocrites here Bingo?

Go Blue!
Amen brother, preach on! You nailed it!!!

No kidding. It’s unbelievable to read so many ‘Americans’ don’t cheer for Americans. Sad and a bit pathetic.

Comrade Putin is undoubtedly very pleased with disinformation agents and hackers.
Let me get this straight, I'm required to support individuals that clearly decided to use an American uniform to protest against the America they chose to represent. How in the hell does that make me the wrong one. Would Subway pay Rapinoe to make a commercial and then allow her to protest their sandwiches?

I bet they don't hesitate to cash their American check while living in a bigger American home than I do. If you want to protest, take your talent to another country in protest. I just checked and there's no restrictions on leaving. The thing is, those other countries would more than likely squash any chance of them throwing a hissy fit on a public stage their paying for.

Sorry, they bring it upon themselves by thumbing their noses at us! If your going to fly the middle finger at me, don't expect me to support you. Did you coddle Pelini when he was flying the middle finger at Husker nation? Hell no, he was expected to tow the line and represent because he was paid by Nebraska and thumb his nose at us continuously.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Soccer is a great sport with incredibly skilled players that at high levels IMO is ruined by rules. Either let teams sub to keep guys fresh, get rid of or the very least modify offsides, maybe have an over and back rule like basketball and maybe some form of shot clock.
I LOVED playing soccer as a kid, LOVE watching my son play. But at high levels when you have to jizz over simply getting a shot on goal, something is wrong.

Don't personally love or hate the game itself, and don't know much about it even though I "coached" a few of my sons teams, and I use that word very loosely....But I will never forget one particular moment. Half time my son asks if he can have the new Madden game, or something like that, honestly don't remember which one it was but halftime was not the time to be having that convo...so I flippantly told him if he scored a goal in the second half I'd buy him the game....Second half starts and he's lined up against the other kid at midfield and this is in the first 2 seconds now, he drills the ball across the rest of the length if the field and right past the goalie, and on our way home we went to Walmart and he got his game. We still lol about that to this day. Gawd I loved watching that kid play sports.

Soccer is a great sport with incredibly skilled players that at high levels IMO is ruined by rules. Either let teams sub to keep guys fresh, get rid of or the very least modify offsides, maybe have an over and back rule like basketball and maybe some form of shot clock.
I LOVED playing soccer as a kid, LOVE watching my son play. But at high levels when you have to jizz over simply getting a shot on goal, something is wrong.
All great ideas.

There is this weird idea that it is a free flowing art form of a game...but it isn't.

The over and back idea is really smart.

Also, stoppage time? How ****ing hard is it to just stop the clock for 6 seconds and then start it up again when the ball is back in play.

It really is. My kids are 5 and under and man is it great. At practice, they run like hell and love it, and then hydrate with a juice box, we feed them and then boom. Down. I love Monday nights.
It is like a puppy! Love it!

Coaching friend of mine said having kids is like getting sentenced for manslaughter, you basically have no life for about 15 years.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
It is like a puppy! Love it!

Coaching friend of mine said having kids is like getting sentenced for manslaughter, you basically have no life for about 15 years.
Shit, I've had a pretty good life, and the best part was when my kids were in it (pre-teen).

Reactions: Laner2
All great ideas.

There is this weird idea that it is a free flowing art form of a game...but it isn't.

The over and back idea is really smart.

Also, stoppage time? How ****ing hard is it to just stop the clock for 6 seconds and then start it up again when the ball is back in play.
Dear God, you're still at it?

It's amazing to me how you can crap all over a thread congratulating the US Men's soccer team for winning the Gold Cup. I think your insecurities would be soothed if they just did the right thing and lost.

Dear God, you're still at it?

It's amazing to me how you can crap all over a thread congratulating the US Men's soccer team for winning the Gold Cup. I think your insecurities would be soothed if they just did the right thing and lost.
Still at what?

Good lord, I just reminded myself why I normally stick to the Scrolls. This thread is damn near 2 pages of garbage that has nothing to do with the original post. Glad I wasted time reading through it.

Reactions: Laner2
.Did you coddle Pelini when he was flying the middle finger at Husker nation? Hell no, he was expected to tow the line and represent because he was paid by Nebraska and thumb his nose at us continuously.
No, but we still continued to root for the team to win.

Good lord, I just reminded myself why I normally stick to the Scrolls. This thread is damn near 2 pages of garbage that has nothing to do with the original post. Glad I wasted time reading through it.
I came on here to read this post then felt the need to tell you I never visit the free bored, now I’m leaving again.

Thanks for stopping by and adding to this pointless thread

ha ha ha, there was no looking out for me. He is just also fully capable of spotting silliness. 524 posts over 11 years. You should have just kept that post count at 522.
Ask yourself a question.... How many people really give a flying shyt if you've posted 11k messages on a random message board? Says more about your life than mine buddy. Some people have a life and don't hibernate in their parents basement with nothing to do daily. I'm glad you have nothing better to do with your time. Congrats, with that said, kindly GFYS.

Ask yourself a question.... How many people really give a flying shyt if you've posted 11k messages on a random message board? Says more about your life than mine buddy. Some people have a life and don't hibernate in their parents basement with nothing to do daily. I'm glad you have nothing better to do with your time. Congrats, with that said, kindly GFYS.
Nobody cares, that wasn't the point. The point was in 11 years, you have decided to post now 525 times. I would hope the other 522 added more value to the conversation than the last 3 have.

How I choose to spend my time isn't really any of your concern, nor is my long term winter sleeping habits nor is the location of my long term winter sleeping habits.

I also find it comical that your time is so "valuable" that you took the time to post such a ridiculous post about why you don't visit a particular message board, then have followed it up with 3, and I am guessing there will be at least a 4th, posts.

TTFN

It is a circle jerk. We need a good RSS pivot man. You're up!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT