ADVERTISEMENT

US Men's Soccer!

Laner2

Head Coach
Dec 27, 2007
The Hurtling Moons of Barsoom
The US Men just won the Gold Cup in soccer!

They beat MX in a game that lasted 120 plus minutes, and the US team was painfully young. The MX team was experienced.

Okay, I know a lot of you don't like soccer, but that's mostly because you don't understand it. Forget the European and Latin flopping. This had nothing to do with that crap. I've coached girls' soccer for 21 years and I can absolutely attest that there is as much strategy and tactics involved in soccer as there is in football.

And to top it all off, prior to the game the US men all stood for the national anthem and enthusiastically cheered afterward. Megan Rapinoe can kiss my butt.

Viva la USA. Didnt catch the game but this is a legit rivalry, usually with a bevy of cheap shots from our neighbors from the south. Glad we the heart to pull off the upset

Glad the men won the Gold and the women didn’t make it, but I’ll agree there is some strategy in soccer more like tactics, but no way does soccer has as much strategy than football..

Reactions: Herbert Husker
Glad to see them have some successes against Mexico. Believe the Mexican team over the years has kicked our butts.

They beat MX in a game that lasted 120 plus minutes, and the US team was painfully young. The MX team was experienced.

Okay, I know a lot of you don't like soccer, but that's mostly because you don't understand it. Forget the European and Latin flopping. This had nothing to do with that crap. I've coached girls' soccer for 21 years and I can absolutely attest that there is as much strategy and tactics involved in soccer as there is in football.

And to top it all off, prior to the game the US men all stood for the national anthem and enthusiastically cheered afterward. Megan Rapinoe can kiss my butt.
I apologize for my ignorance in advance. But why aren't Mex or the US playing in the Olympics?

The men did not win the gold medal... This was the Gold Cup. A competition between North and Central American teams (and Qatar). It was impressive though because this was essentially our B team that did it
Glad the men won the Gold and the women didn’t make it, but I’ll agree there is some strategy in soccer more like tactics, but no way does soccer has as much strategy than football..

I apologize for my ignorance in advance. But why aren't Mex or the US playing in the Olympics?
Mexico is still playing in the Olympics. Men's Olympic soccer is mostly 23 and under. The US squad did not qualify for the Olympic games due to their loss to El Salvador. Our better 23u guys did not play during qualifying due to international teams seasons finishing up.

Reactions: egaRdeR

so much for individual liberty and freedom. You either conform or be hated. seems like there is a lot of hypocrisy.
the people refusing to wear masks say it impedes on their liberty and freedom but those same people dont respect the liberties and freedoms of others.
the truth is we're only interested in ourselves and not others. we behave then invent a narrative to make our behavior sound acceptable to ourselves

so much for individual liberty and freedom. You either conform or be hated. seems like there is a lot of hypocrisy.
the people refusing to wear masks say it impedes on their liberty and freedom but those same people dont respect the liberties and freedoms of others.
the truth is we're only interested in ourselves and not others. we behave then invent a narrative to make our behavior sound acceptable to ourselves
Jeez Louise, does all your posts have to have some political snide in them.. Can’t you give it a rest dude…

Great game. Glad to see USMNT win over Mexico. Now please send Cristian Roldan back to the Sounders as they are missing him a lot.

Man go away. All you post is the same drivel in every single thread.

Mexico is still playing in the Olympics. Men's Olympic soccer is mostly 23 and under. The US squad did not qualify for the Olympic games due to their loss to El Salvador. Our better 23u guys did not play during qualifying due to international teams seasons finishing up.
So weird that men’s Olympic soccer is 23U but women’s is not. Don’t get it

boo-f*ck*n-hoo how old are you 11?

Being coerced to wear a mask is a violation of liberty.

I show no hypocrisy when I reject and condemn the behaviors, actions and words of my fellow citizens with whom I disagree.

I am as entitled to exercise my freedoms of thought and speech as they are.

I am not required to agree with them and I am under no obligation to "respect" their opinion.

I am free to call them the ignorant, thankless, godless, degenerate, un-american, perverted, treasonous pieces of shit that they really are, if I so chose, right?

In the mean time I do not assault them, I do not burn their homes, I do not not loot their businesses, I do not harass them in the streets, I do not threaten or dox them.

And I don't overturn their votes.

So how am I and people like me the hypocrites here Bingo?

Go Blue!

So weird that men’s Olympic soccer is 23U but women’s is not. Don’t get it
Men's game has a ton of international and pro tournaments where the women do not.... Also why they get paid more regardless of result. Like Chelsea wouldn't let Pulisic play in the Gold Cup because their season is about to start. Women's pro leagues are an afterthought

Bernie sucks hairy carbunckles.

Man go away. All you post is the same drivel in every single thread.
This seems to be a theme of your posts. I don't know if you're some retread poster who got banned in the past, but it says that you're a newbie who started in March. You don’t know people's posting history beyond that point and you don't have the authority to tell people to go away.

What ummmm, what is there to not understand about soccer? What is it about soccer that the people that don't like it can't grasp?

It is people like you that create this "us vs them" attitude about soccer.

99% of the people that don't care about soccer are totally fine with just ignoring it and not bad mouthing it, but the people that love soccer are so annoying about talking about how amazing it is and how passionate it is and how the people that don't like it just "don't get it"

I have a coaching friend who never played soccer and had never coached it (but he was a really good wrestling coach and coached football), they asked him to coach soccer because they needed a coach, he said he would. He won a state title his second year. He said coaching soccer was great because once the game started, you did not do much.

I have coached football, baseball, wrestling, basketball and bowling

No sport has come close to the amount of work and strategy that is involved with coaching football. And no sport is easier to coach than bowling.

Baseball becomes stupid because a lot of coaches think they have to "coach" every pitch and every batter.

Wrestling is pretty easy once the match starts.

I show no hypocrisy when I reject and condemn the behaviors, actions and words of my fellow citizens with whom I disagree.

I am not required to agree with them and I am under no obligation to "respect" their opinion.

I am free to call them the ignorant, thankless, godless, degenerate, un-american, perverted, treasonous pieces of shit that they really are, if I so chose, right?

In the mean time I do not assault them, I do not burn their homes, I do not not loot their businesses, I do not harass them in the streets, I do not threaten or dox them.

Go Blue!

Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be banned from thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles. Dostoievski

Speak for yourself, and do you have any idea what the word "hypocrisy" means?

Reactions: huntered
No kidding. It’s unbelievable to read so many ‘Americans’ don’t cheer for Americans. Sad and a bit pathetic.

Comrade Putin is undoubtedly very pleased with disinformation agents and hackers.

Go Blue!
You are 100% correct.

However, there is zero reasoning with that POS, outside of the 'ignore' button.

What ummmm, what is there to not understand about soccer? What is it about soccer that the people that don't like it can't grasp?

It is people like you that create this "us vs them" attitude about soccer.

99% of the people that don't care about soccer are totally fine with just ignoring it and not bad mouthing it, but the people that love soccer are so annoying about talking about how amazing it is and how passionate it is and how the people that don't like it just "don't get it"

I have a coaching friend who never played soccer and had never coached it (but he was a really good wrestling coach and coached football), they asked him to coach soccer because they needed a coach, he said he would. He won a state title his second year. He said coaching soccer was great because once the game started, you did not do much.

I have coached football, baseball, wrestling, basketball and bowling

No sport has come close to the amount of work and strategy that is involved with coaching football. And no sport is easier to coach than bowling.

Baseball becomes stupid because a lot of coaches think they have to "coach" every pitch and every batter.

Wrestling is pretty easy once the match starts.
Well, ummmmmm, what offense do you run? Flat four on defense or Nike swoop? How do you use your transition aces? Set pieces or no? Two forwards and a striker or two forwards and two attacking midfielders? Have you scouted your opposition to see who their lefties are? How are they defending your lefties? If you should go to a shootout, do you already have your best shooters on the field before the game ends?

I'll take it for granted you don't know much about soccer, and that's ok, but I am amazed you got triggered by one sentence in my post that wasn't edgy at all. And if your friend won a state title in his second year I see two possibilities: (1) he inherited a stacked team and a quality staff, or (2) you're full of crap.

This is a case of you don't know what you don't know. I never made this a football vs soccer thread. You managed to do that all by yourself. Are you friends with Bingo?

Well, ummmmmm, what offense do you run? Flat four on defense or Nike swoop? How do you use your transition aces? Set pieces or no? Two forwards and a striker or two forwards and two attacking midfielders? Have you scouted your opposition to see who their lefties are? How are they defending your lefties? If you should go to a shootout, do you already have your best shooters on the field before the game ends?

I'll take it for granted you don't know much about soccer, and that's ok, but I am amazed you got triggered by one sentence in my post that wasn't edgy at all. And if your friend won a state title in his second year I see two possibilities: (1) he inherited a stacked team and a quality staff, or (2) you're full of crap.

This is a case of you don't know what you don't know. I never made this a football vs soccer thread. You managed to do that all by yourself. Are you friends with Bingo?
Look how mad you got, why? Stop getting mad that most people in don't like soccer.

You listed out ALL of the things you need to do to coach soccer, think about that, you listed them all out in 4 sentences.

Once the game starts, soccer coaches pretty much have nothing to do.

Ann no, I am not full of crap, why would I make up that he won state in two years after never coaching or playing soccer, what do I have to gain with that on a message board?

Look how mad you got, why? Stop getting mad that most people in don't like soccer.

You listed out ALL of the things you need to do to coach soccer, think about that, you listed them all out in 4 sentences.

Ann no, I am not full of crap, why would I make up that he won state in two years after never coaching or playing soccer, what do I have to gain with that on a message board?
‘Most’ ?

You don't necessarily need a reason to make something up. I am not saying you are, I really don't care one way or the other.

However, you have a stance where you claim soccer is easy to coach. It wouldn't be all that far fetched for someone to make up a little white lie about a friend who won a title in two years with no experience in soccer what so ever, you know, just to prove how easy soccer is to coach.

Edit - or it could be as simple as the story is true but there was an assistant coach or 2 with tons of soccer experience that were too young to be the head coach so they asked your friend to step in, he did, the other coach did the on field stuff and your friend looked the hero. There are plenty of successful softball programs down here in Texas, that are coached by football coaches that don't know a damn thing about softball, but they have a couple of former players as assistants that do all the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
‘Most’ ?
Should it be all? Ha

I have no problem with soccer at all and I am all for any sport that gets kids active and teaches them how to compete.

But soccer fans are so in your face and crazy. The coaches, especially of club/select teams have created a cult and are ruining HS soccer (same with VB, but that is another story).

Reactions: baseball31ne
You don't necessarily need a reason to make something up. I am not saying you are, I really don't care one way or the other.

However, you have a stance where you claim soccer is easy to coach. It wouldn't be all that far fetched for someone to make up a little white lie about a friend who won a title in two years with no experience in soccer what so ever, you know, just to prove how easy soccer is to coach.
How do you like your own post? That is bad ass!
Uggg it is gone now, thought it was a new feature.

I only lie to women.

Edit - or it could be as simple as the story is true but there was an assistant coach or 2 with tons of soccer experience that were too young to be the head coach so they asked your friend to step in, he did, the other coach did the on field stuff and your friend looked the hero. There are plenty of successful softball programs down here in Texas, that are coached by football coaches that don't know a damn thing about softball, but they have a couple of former players as assistants that do all the heavy lifting.
No clue, I don't remember who he coached with,

• Haha
Reactions: Laner2

Go Blue!
Well stated Vic. Never apologise for being patriotic! -Toby Keith- Go Big Red.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Can we all agree Ted Lasso is one of the best shows out there right now? If we all acted more like Ted this place would be better for it.

This seems to be a theme of your posts. I don't know if you're some retread poster who got banned in the past, but it says that you're a newbie who started in March. You don’t know people's posting history beyond that point and you don't have the authority to tell people to go away.
Nah I'm not a newbie. I've been around for roughly 5 or 6 years off and on. But I'm happy you are so concerned about my status. Makes me feel wanted. Thanks

Textbook troll. Mad? No. Guilty maybe.....sometimes, like with you, I play with my food. Bad habit, and I need to stop it.

I listed SOME (only some) of the BASIC (not advanced) concepts of soccer. If I tried to list more of them for you I'd need a crayon.

"Once the game starts, soccer coaches pretty much have nothing to do". Thanks for this beaut, you made my case for me.

And I don't know who Ann is. So do you and Bingo canoodle much?

Textbook troll. Mad? No. Guilty maybe.....sometimes, like with you, I play with my food. Bad habit, and I need to stop it.

I listed SOME (only some) of the BASIC (not advanced) concepts of soccer. If I tried to list more of them for you I'd need a crayon.

"Once the game starts, soccer coaches pretty much have nothing to do". Thanks for this beaut, you made my case for me.

And I don't know who Ann is. So do you and Bingo canoodle much?
Look at your posts, they are just filled with insults, why? Why are die hard soccer coaches like this?

I am glad I helped you make your case, you are welcome for that.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT