ADVERTISEMENT

Us against the world

The_Glove_Man

Senior
Jun 9, 2010
Madison, WI
I wasn't a fan of Pelini's "Us against the world" mentality because, first of all, "the world" included Nebraska fans and second of all, the world wasn't against us.

But now, for some reason I still don't understand, Nebraska is the bad boy of the Big Ten for being the first to express the opinion that everyone now embraces. So this year, I'm ready to embrace the "us against the world" mentality. I think Frost can turn that into positive energy.

It's a short-term play that has long-term consequences. "Us against the world" and embracing being "bad boys" and several other iterations is not the culture that was proven to work for Nebraska in the mid-90s.

I'd rather stick with high character, hard work, extreme preparation, attention to detail and brotherhood. Let the rest be for fans and media to worry about.

Culture matters and we've seen firsthand what it takes to win and ultimately dominate.

It basically it's us against the world, so hopefully our guys embrace it this year with a chip on their shoulders. Might as well embrace the role that's been handed us!

It basically it's us against the world, so hopefully our guys embrace it this year with a chip on their shoulders. Might as well embrace the role that's been handed us!
I don't think the players pay much attention to that attitude. They've got classes, practice, s&c and playing the game. Fans are the only ones who get caught up in that stuff to make them feel better.

It's a short-term play that has long-term consequences. "Us against the world" and embracing being "bad boys" and several other iterations is not the culture that was proven to work for Nebraska in the mid-90s.

I'd rather stick with high character, hard work, extreme preparation, attention to detail and brotherhood. Let the rest be for fans and media to worry about.

Culture matters and we've seen firsthand what it takes to win and ultimately dominate.
You are joking right?
People elsewhere see NU of the 90‘s as the real life Varsity Blues with a coach who protected his players from the law and going to class. A team chalk full of roid-heads, criminals, rapists, and psychopaths.
Nebraska will never succeed in the B1G because nobody can get away with that small town crap anymore in the age of social media and the B1G is too good for Nebraska to compete. Frost knows this and already regrets taking the job.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
You are joking right?
People elsewhere see NU of the 90‘s as the real life Varsity Blues with a coach who protected his players from the law and going to class. A team chalk full of roid-heads, criminals, rapists, and psychopaths.
Nebraska will never succeed in the B1G because nobody can get away with that small town crap anymore in the age of social media and the B1G is too good for Nebraska to compete. Frost knows this and already regrets taking the job.
You’re a real idiot

You are joking right?
D-Bag Alert

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT