ADVERTISEMENT

Urban to USC?

God, I hope your unreliable source is wrong again. I hold a special place in my heart for the swinging Trojans. They catapulted the Huskers into their Imperial Age and I feel kind of protective of their program. Besides, I don’t think LA (especially the university) could handle a spike in criminal activity on various level at this delicate moment.

Why would Urban even consider such a move? He prefers the warmth of Southern California to the cold of Ohio? Los Angeles is a much cooler city than the ugly, urban sprawl that is overgrown Columbus? That he is now "tainted" at OSU so he would get a clean slate and a fresh start at USC? More money?

I don't know. He has a really good gig going at OSU right now. And USC, since Pete Carroll left, is where coaches go to ruin their careers. Kind of like Nebraska, post Osborne.

It would be the only major conference he hasn't conquered but not sure how the me too movement would receive him out there

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Doubt he could turn down the chance to coach in a neighborhood where drive by shootings are an hourly event.

For the record I doubt this story is remotely accurate..having said that, and for the sake of discussion, USC has kinda sucked since Pete walked out the door. If the brass at USC thought they had a legit shot of getting Urban, they'd rationalize it so quick in their heads, that smoke would be rolling out of both ears of every person who had a say in it. "metoo be damned, this is college football we're talking about, yes, USC would hire Urban in a freaking minute.

Why would Urban even consider such a move? He prefers the warmth of Southern California to the cold of Ohio? Los Angeles is a much cooler city than the ugly, urban sprawl that is overgrown Columbus? That he is now "tainted" at OSU so he would get a clean slate and a fresh start at USC? More money?

I don't know. He has a really good gig going at OSU right now. And USC, since Pete Carroll left, is where coaches go to ruin their careers. Kind of like Nebraska, post Osborne.

Easy pre-retirement gig? bored with Ohio? Are his kids almost out of college or out now? Opportunity for a new challenge?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT