ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer on Nebraska

Awesome. Urban is still a slimy dirt bag.
Coach Tom had an equal number of crimes committed during his watch. Most would say coach Tom supported some mentally ill people who happened to be great football players. I wonder if Urban did the same. Coach Tom had a player drag a woman down a flight of stairs...coach Tom allowed one player to be arrested 9 times and gave him the spring game off...Coach Tom had alcoholic coaches under him, some that he promoted, he had slimy individuals around him so he didn't have to be slimy. He ignored his family and invested his entire soul into the game. Great coaches are not great people, those are mutually exclusive. Urban is a great coach, Tom is a great coach. Both are winners, but both are compromised like the rest of us.

I would say, even a week isnt enough, ask auburn. Most points given up that year, not bama nor georgia could match them.

I think we can stop worshiping UCF now. UCF did not beat Alabama, nor Georgia that year. They played in a weak conference, not a P5. The only P5 they played WAS Auburn. There is no data to correlate into a win against the best in college football.

Auburn didn't make the playoffs. Alabama and Georgia did. UCF beat one P5 team. Not a season full of them.

I'm totally on board with Frost. He's been amazing on turning this program into winners. Now, he has to do the winning.

Coach Tom had an equal number of crimes committed during his watch. Most would say coach Tom supported some mentally ill people who happened to be great football players. I wonder if Urban did the same. Coach Tom had a player drag a woman down a flight of stairs...coach Tom allowed one player to be arrested 9 times and gave him the spring game off...Coach Tom had alcoholic coaches under him, some that he promoted, he had slimy individuals around him so he didn't have to be slimy. He ignored his family and invested his entire soul into the game. Great coaches are not great people, those are mutually exclusive. Urban is a great coach, Tom is a great coach. Both are winners, but both are compromised like the rest of us.
giphy.gif

And Urban is still a slimy dirt bag. What's your point? If you want higher and unbiased debate about the human condition I politely suggest that a Husker fan board isn't where you will find it.

I think we can stop worshiping UCF now. UCF did not beat Alabama, nor Georgia that year. They played in a weak conference, not a P5. The only P5 they played WAS Auburn. There is no data to correlate into a win against the best in college football.

Auburn didn't make the playoffs. Alabama and Georgia did. UCF beat one P5 team. Not a season full of them.

I'm totally on board with Frost. He's been amazing on turning this program into winners. Now, he has to do the winning.
So, is that ucf team still beating teams they shouldnt in bowl games, besides getting more points against their bowl opponents than any other team did, including the two finalists theyd beat, and would have been in it if theyd beaten georgia twice, never an easy thing to do.
Its SF, his results, in your way of thinking, last year was last year, and myer cant make such a comment.
But, of course he can, because he knows whether it was SF in the sugar bowl, or in columbus, its a tough matchup.
So, ignore ucf, and instead just read a SF coached team
After all, the only things consistent here is system and the coach

So, is that ucf team still beating teams they shouldnt in bowl games, besides getting more points against their bowl opponents than any other team did, including the two finalists theyd beat, and would have been in it if theyd beaten georgia twice, never an easy thing to do.
Its SF, his results, in your way of thinking, last year was last year, and myer cant make such a comment.
But, of course he can, because he knows whether it was SF in the sugar bowl, or in columbus, its a tough matchup.
So, ignore ucf, and instead just read a SF coached team

UCF was just not the best team in college football in 2017. Alabama was.

Just to be clear. I don't worship Frost. I think he will do very well here. I'm actually quite giddy about the upcoming season and the easier schedule. Frost has done a lot in his short time here. I'm super impressed with recruiting as well. Went through a lot of mediocre football the last 20 years to get to this. I'm pumped.

Urbs getting in an easy year behind the mic before heading over to U$C, winning big in the Pac and riding off into the sunset (back to the booth) after a few years when Trojans are back in trouble

One thing that’s GLARINGLY noticeable, teams seem to get into trouble or are about to get into trouble before he up and leaves the team as Head Coach. I wonder if the same will happen at USC (if he indeed takes and gets that job)? ;)

Just to be clear. I don't worship Frost. I think he will do very well here. I'm actually quite giddy about the upcoming season and the easier schedule. Frost has done a lot in his short time here. I'm super impressed with recruiting as well. Went through a lot of mediocre football the last 20 years to get to this. I'm pumped.
And whoever you like the most didnt win it either, whats your point? Who cares if ucf won a natty? Like I said, replace with SF coached team.
We have him now, he's come home. This comment by myer isnt about ucf, or Nebraska last year, or the year before, it's about a SF led Nebraska team going forwards.
In that context, and that alone were my comments to be applied,SF and his coaching, and the difficulties that opponents have had, will have, no matter where he's coached.

Now, that's not worship, just echoing myer

Hide sight is 20/20 just wonder if people would have thought the same if urb would have told Steve pederson he was interested and the hired in 2004. Yes I two think he a slim ball.

Yeah, I don't care what he did at UCF. That just got him to here. This is where he really has to prove it. He looks like he's up to the challenge. Love how everything is turning out. Can't wait for this Saturday!

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Urbs getting in an easy year behind the mic before heading over to U$C, winning big in the Pac and riding off into the sunset (back to the booth) after a few years when Trojans are back in trouble

This is what everyone is expecting to happen.

The part about our schemes being so hard to prepare for is what caught my attention.

Is Meyer going back into the broadcast booth? I recall he was there before tOSU and did a pretty good job. I recall them asking him if he was going to be the next OSU coach and his reply was "I have not been contacted"

Hide sight is 20/20 just wonder if people would have thought the same if urb would have told Steve pederson he was interested and the hired in 2004. Yes I two think he a slim ball.
Depends how many titles he would have brought us :Cool:

Reactions: Red Steve
As long as the NCAA is fangless, coaches like Meyer will continue to have success. They just do a better job at hiding the cheating than others.
Remember seeing husker DTs drawing injection sites on their butts for their "supplements" injections while receiving paychecks from jobs they never attended. All of this occurring on university property. And they were all-americans. So....the reality we are fans of a very corrupt sport, and I am not sure if it is more corrupt to not cheat and lose while taking 25 million from the fans, or cheat a little and win a little, or cheat a lot, win a lot and get caught.

And Urban is still a slimy dirt bag. What's your point? If you want higher and unbiased debate about the human condition I politely suggest that a Husker fan board isn't where you will find it.
Is Tom a slimy dirt bag...if he isn't I maintain Urb isn't either. He just doesn't coach your team and has beaten OUR team with regularity. Same reason the nation thought Tom was a fraud during the LP situation and the other murders and rapes. Tom certainly allowed questionable characters on his teams in order to win but he wasn't himself a questionable character. Urb has certainly allowed things to go on under him that is questionable but I personally think he strives for perfection and excellence and has reached it in everything he does. That is something husker fans used to respect.

What crimes did TO or Urban Meyer for that matter commit? The rest of your post is BS too. I'm sure if you ask anyone who was close to Tom personally would say he was a great man, probably better than he was as a coach. I don't think Frost looks up to him just as a great coach, but a great role model, mentor, and leader too.

When did you get so feisty???

Is Tom a slimy dirt bag...if he isn't I maintain Urb isn't either. He just doesn't coach your team and has beaten OUR team with regularity. Same reason the nation thought Tom was a fraud during the LP situation and the other murders and rapes. Tom certainly allowed questionable characters on his teams in order to win but he wasn't himself a questionable character. Urb has certainly allowed things to go on under him that is questionable but I personally think he strives for perfection and excellence and has reached it in everything he does. That is something husker fans used to respect.

Urb is a complete clown. If you didn't see that last year through all of the Zach Smith circus, you are blind. Urb was a total sh*t show, and took relatively little heat for it. He's even teaching a "character and leadership" class at OSU. He sure can recruit, but he's got zero right to be talking to anyone, let alone college kids, about character and leadership. When the tough gets going, Urb gets his ass out the way. Shake your head, talk a little quieter, put on a sad face, conjure up some asinine story, and move on, that's his schtick. His full-of-shitness couldn't be more transparent. What are you saying, if you "strive for perfection and excellence," you are allowed to be a POS? Sounds reasonable. You're right, we should all respect ole' urb. Keep em coming.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT