ADVERTISEMENT

Urb donezo

FOX news said he just formally announced it. Will coach Rose Bowl.

Frankly, I don't think it will make much difference in the bigger scheme of things. Kind of like when Lincoln took over at OU. Who knows, things might get better.

FWIW, I think a lot of people took it seriously. There's been widespread speculation starting before the season began. Comes as zero surprise to me.

FWIW, Some of the speculation was his health was being questioned, but he pulled the same stuff when leaving Florida...

Frankly, I don't think it will make much difference in the bigger scheme of things. Kind of like when Lincoln took over at OU. Who knows, things might get better.

We shall see. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Buh-bye Urban.

yea, didn't really buy the after 2019 stuff last week. When they were not letting Day speak with other schools........big tell there. Seems been in the works for a few weeks, maybe since the suspension, at least in his mind, IMO.

For all the vitriol (and he certainly doesn't seem like a great guy), he's a helluva coach. Good for us, and especially good for Harbaugh, that he's out of OSU

Didn't he have a daughter at Notre Dame?

Good riddance clown. Poor guy, so many struggles in his life. I abhor the impending love fest that is going take place over these next few weeks pushing the narrative of poor Urb and how his health and family are all that matters to him, and he battled as long as he could, like he’s some damn war hero. It was already being laid on pretty thick during the Michigan game. Arrogant POS.

Over/Under on him taking over USC in a year or two?

That’s probably the odds on favorite, but I still wonder if Brian Kelly’s seat gets hot after Clemson embarrasses Notre Dame in a few weeks.

FWIW, Some of the speculation was his health was being questioned, but he pulled the same stuff when leaving Florida...
I don’t think it was “pulling the same stuff” at Florida. I think the guy is full tilt always and it takes its toll on his health. He thought he could manage it but ultimately he can’t.

We knew this was going to happen...but I think they made a mistake in quickly hiring Day...It might work out for them but your first coaching job is at OSU? Following Urban? That will be tough.

We knew this was going to happen...but I think they made a mistake in quickly hiring Day...It might work out for them but your first coaching job is at OSU? Following Urban? That will be tough.

They think they are replicating the OU model (Stoops-Riley). We’ll see.

I don’t think it was “pulling the same stuff” at Florida. I think the guy is full tilt always and it takes its toll on his health. He thought he could manage it but ultimately he can’t.

After listing this morning your probably correct..

The whole suspension thing at the beginning of the season caused a lot of retirement speculation back then. That wasn't even health related.

Reactions: scarletred

So it’s just coincidence then that all the really serious problems happen when shit is unraveling a bit in his perfect little world? There isn’t any doubt that it is stressful as hell as a head coach at a P5. There isn’t any doubt he sells the shit out of it to turn himself into a victim.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Is it stressful? I mean, I get the idea that if you don't win games you are gone and that everyone is watching you and everyone calls you out for your bad playcalls and losses...but the second you sign that contract...isn't all the "real" stress gone? You are now rich beyond your wildest dreams (probably) and set for life NO MATTER HOW YOU DO AT YOUR JOB...

Shoot, I would love knowing that I could be crappy at my job and still get 30 million dollars and also know that one of my buddies was going to hire me if I wanted to work again.

Day has a well stocked cupboard, as tOSU was Rivals 3, 2 and 2 from 2016-18. They won't be at that level this year and are currently one slot behind NU.
This may well be a blessing in disguise for the Bucknuts if Day has the goods to be a P5 HC. Urban's situation has been a distraction for the program. The big Q is does Haskins declare for the NFL. That would leave a hole in the roster, but the backup is a 6.0/4* per Rivals.

Certainly OU looks OK with Lincoln Riley, but you’d be hard pressed to name more than a couple times that a guy of this status has retired and it didn’t matter. His lifetime winnng percentage is even slightly better than TO’s. Things might get better for them? Not likely, at least not long term.

That’s probably the odds on favorite, but I still wonder if Brian Kelly’s seat gets hot after Clemson embarrasses Notre Dame in a few weeks.

Why? He's in the playoff... I doubt his seat gets hot unless he does something stupid. You don't fire a coach that gets you to the playoff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT