ADVERTISEMENT

Updated info on that horrific car accident in Valley, NE Sunday evening..

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
this accident occurred at the intersection of 252nd street & Hwy 36 near Valley, NE resulted in the deaths of four people. None of the people involved in the crash were wearing seat belts. This per OWH and KETV Ch. 7 in Omaha.

Buckle up people.

Thoughts and prays to the family's involved.

This post was edited on 4/7 9:58 AM by MAG

That did surprise me, but I don't think it mattered in the case of the 4 that died. A 100% head on collision at highway speeds has a very low survival rate regardless of belts. Other than the pickup that the survivors were in, it was impossible to identify anything that looked like a vehicle. It may be that the investigators can't say for certain, so they check the 'no seatbelt' box.

Terrible tragedy for all the families involved.

Originally posted by janne:
That did surprise me, but I don't think it mattered in the case of the 4 that died. A 100% head on collision at highway speeds has a very low survival rate regardless of belts. Other than the pickup that the survivors were in, it was impossible to identify anything that looked like a vehicle. It may be that the investigators can't say for certain, so they check the 'no seatbelt' box.

Terrible tragedy for all the families involved.
An Accident investigator will not check a box saying seat belts were not used unless they know for certain that they were not used. The Sheriffs department will not come out and say no o cupants were wearing them, if they were not certain. There is a box for "unknown", regarding seat bet useage.

I've had the displeasure of being at dozens of fatality accidents. It is not difficult to determine, even if the vehicles are mangled.

One of the females that died graduated from hs in my class. Every time I see a headline involving West Omaha I almost assume its someone I know....crappy deal

I'll take your word for it. Short of a car/semi crash, this one was about as bad as they get.

ADVERTISEMENT