ADVERTISEMENT

**Updated** Class Finish

I hope the recruits are enjoying the snow/cold this morning.

I remember when Jarrett Bell tweeted #Cold on his visit. He seemed to lose interest in us after that and favor Arizona State instead. Hopefully next year we'll have most of our class complete before the winter starts.
If a kid has a problem with the weather, it's probably best that they not be a part of the program.

If a kid has a problem with the weather, it's probably best that they not be a part of the program.
Exactly. If a kid has a problem with weather. If they have any NFL aspirations. You can't pick and choose where you want to play. Tweet out #cold if drafted by let's say Denver. Let's see how that works out for ya

I hope the recruits are enjoying the snow/cold this morning.

I remember when Jarrett Bell tweeted #Cold on his visit. He seemed to lose interest in us after that and favor Arizona State instead. Hopefully next year we'll have most of our class complete before the winter starts.

If cold weather is what drives a kid away then is that truly a kid that is gunna give it his all in football? It’s a sign to me that you are looking at other things besides besides football. Which is fine but we don’t need people scared of snow on the team.

In fact, I wish most recruits could experience it before they sign. Trying to get them all legally committed before something negative happens feels kinda slimy to me anyways.

Exactly. If a kid has a problem with weather. If they have any NFL aspirations. You can't pick and choose where you want to play. Tweet out #cold if drafted by let's say Denver. Let's see how that works out for ya
Denver, KC, Both NY teams, Buffalo, Chicago, Baltimore, Tennessee, Cleveland, Cincy, Green Bay, Washington, Philly, NE, Pittsburgh. Its a moot point anyways. At NU they won't be playing in December and January. Unless its a bowl or Big 10 title game in Indy indoors. Sack up. Its called winter Pussies.

Last edited:
If cold weather is what drives a kid away then is that truly a kid that is gunna give it his all in football? It’s a sign to me that you are looking at other things besides besides football. Which is fine but we don’t need people scared of snow on the team.

In fact, I wish most recruits could experience it before they sign. Trying to get them all legally committed before something negative happens feels kinda slimy to me anyways.

I agree. I am just saying that we seemed to be the favorite for Bell until he visited and tweeted about the cold. Then soon after started leaning toward ASU. For a teenager who has spent their entire life in California, sub-zero temperatures can be quite a shock. I have family in Los Angeles, and they say people there freak out if it even rains a little.

This makes no sense though. They can still determine where they want to spend 5 years of college, and still get to play in the NFL. I would be signing the papers as soon as the offers came in from UCLA, San Diego State, or Hawaii.

Denver, KC, Both NY teams, Buffalo, Chicago, Baltimore, Tennessee, Cleveland, Cincy, Green Bay, Washington, Philly, NE, Pittsburgh. Its a moot point anyways. At NU they won't be playing in December and January. Unless its a bowl or Big 10 title game in Indy indoors. Sack up. Its called winter Pussies.

It's not just about playing in the cold. They have to walk to class in December, January, and February. Most pro athletes who play in cold-climate cities live in warmer cities in the off-season. Many people, if they have the choice, prefer to live in warmer climates. They don't want to be cooped up inside for 3 months of the year. It doesn't make you a pussy.

Last edited:
It is what it is. The university isn’t moving so kids will learn to deal with it. Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, etc. are able to recruit well year in and year out with arguably worse weather at every one of those schools. It’s like blaming Lincoln’s small airport, would it be easier to recruit at USC or Miami or ASU? Yeah maybe, but you just have to highlight the strengths of our program of which there are many. Tuscaloosa ain’t some paradise. Some kids will never choose to live in Lincoln for whatever reason and that’s fine, it’s not for everyone. But most kids can see past weather and realize we have incredible tradition, facilities, academic support, fan support and one of the best coaching staffs in the country.

It's not just about playing in the cold. They have to walk to class in December, January, and February. Most pro athletes who play in cold-climate cities live in warmer cities in the off-season. Many people, if they have the choice, prefer to live in warmer climates. They don't want to be cooped up inside for 3 months of the year. It doesn't make you a pussy.
exactly. the NFL players don't have a choice of where to live. If they did the northern cities wouldn't have a team.
a kid gets to choose where to live for 4 years. and i don't blame any of them for wanting to avoid this weather.
its why the population has shifted the way it has. people don't want to live in the midwest upper midwest.
it appears there are plenty of tough kids at clemson, georgia, and alabama

I guess I'd rather play in football weather, 50 degrees, than 100 and or humid. Kids come here from Cali and act like that's cold. Lol. Fall is best time of year. Means its football season!!

Last edited:
If one of his main reasons for choosing was temperature, then he didn't want to be in Lincoln and NU didn't want him. Of the twelve months, December through mid-February can be quite cold. Game Day after Thanksgiving was near tee-shirt weather. The average temperature in Tempe from June-September is 100+ degrees. That's oppressive.

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT