ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE!: Tailgating for CU game

giocatore83

Walk On
Jan 15, 2013
Hey all, unfortunately, I cannot make it back for this game due to a few recent circumstances, but a small group of my friends from here in Denver (all CU grads) will be attending the game. I am hoping to show them what real tailgating is along with what real football looks like. I know @sparky62 has a spot, but unsure as to where, but are there any others of you that would be willing to put out a flair for these hopeless fools and show them a good, Nebraska way time, for my sake since I can't take them?

Tell them to walk down Stadium drive and introduce themselves and they will be welcomed!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. After 18 years I actually gave up my spot & won't be tailgating any longer. Sorry ladies & gentlemen.

Honestly, they’ll find all kinds of tailgating going on and should be able to converse with anyone, maybe get a few beers, ect. They are planning on being civil, right? ;)

While they have their faults, CU fans, they are good dudes. I am sure they will.manage just fine, but I wanted to direct them to my HO "family", if you will. Thanks for responding.

I happened into tickets myself! I need help now for parking. My wife is 6 months pregnant and is valiantly joining me for the game. We plan to get there around 11-12 to tailgate a little bit, but I need help with parking. Anyone have any recommendations for an affordable lot that is fairly close to the stadium for walking purposes? An easy in and out would be great too.

P.S. I have never witnessed a loss in my 10+ games attended. So, help a good luck charm out?

North of the stadium 10 st and militant you have the Indian center. $10 parking long walk. As you head south gets more $ seen as much as $30.

Acacia fraternity on like 23rd and vine. Ten dollars. For a tip they may drive you into the stadium for the game. Its probably 8 to 10 blocks away

I happened into tickets myself! I need help now for parking. My wife is 6 months pregnant and is valiantly joining me for the game. We plan to get there around 11-12 to tailgate a little bit, but I need help with parking. Anyone have any recommendations for an affordable lot that is fairly close to the stadium for walking purposes? An easy in and out would be great too.

P.S. I have never witnessed a loss in my 10+ games attended. So, help a good luck charm out?
Delta Upsilon frat has a lot right across from the student health center at 16th and Vine. It's a block to the lot in front of the stadium and 2 blocks to the front entrance. Lots of heavy hitter tailgating in that front lot. It may cost a few more bucks, but you won't find a lot closer. Some of the other frats and sororities on 16th have pay parking as well and just a few steps further. Usually it costs somewhere around $20 but its well worth the extra 10 bucks. For a cool break if its hot (and the cleanest restrooms on campus) pay the couple of bucks for admission to Elephant Hall (Morrill Hall?) on the south side of the parking lot on the east side of the stadium. IF you have kids along, that is a great stop. Dinosaurs, mammoths etc. really cool! Tip: have somebody in your group where a red hat and act like they're your host.Winking

I would not park in the frat lots unless you want your doors dinged. There is a University lot that is good right behind ATO though right across from the Union. Gives you a nice easy stroll through campus.

I would not park in the frat lots unless you want your doors dinged. There is a University lot that is good right behind ATO though right across from the Union. Gives you a nice easy stroll through campus.
Used to park in the Triangle lot all the time. Never got a single door ding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT