ADVERTISEMENT

Update on my 17yr old daughter that was diagnosed with Leukemia (ALL)

jeff v4

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 11, 2005
After 6 aggressive months of chemo we received great news right before Christmas that my daughter was in remission. Also after months of searching for a bone marrow donor with none being found neither locally on in the US, one has been found overseas. Her transplant has been Scheduled for Mid January at the UNMC in Omaha. Thank you everyone here for your many well wishes and prayers!! Your continued prayers and support would be greatly appreciated through her journey!! Thank you!!

That’s awesome. I’m just starting my 22nd year as a cancer survivor. Having gone through a couple surgeries and aggressive chemo myself (I’m sure the chemo isn’t much more pleasant today than it was 22 years ago) I can say that the more the treatments suck, the deeper you need to dig and say “bring it on MFer, I can take it” and then kick some ass. I’m not trying to hijack your thread, but I just recall that when I was going through it, I liked hearing about long term success stories, and equally important I think my family appreciated when others shared success stories with them as well. Good luck to her and your family, stay positive and God Bless.

After 6 aggressive months of chemo we received great news right before Christmas that my daughter was in remission. Also after months of searching for a bone marrow donor with none being found neither locally on in the US, one has been found overseas. Her transplant has been Scheduled for Mid January at the UNMC in Omaha. Thank you everyone here for your many well wishes and prayers!! Your continued prayers and support would be greatly appreciated through her journey!! Thank you!!

Good luck and hope all goes well. My wife had a stem cell transplant at UNMC in 2004 for CMML and myelofibrosis. They have a great staff and group of oncologists up there. You will be well taken care off.

After reading your post so many things are going through my mind about our experience. Again good luck and God bless!

Great to hear! I'm registered as a marrow donor so I assume that registry would have been checked, but I'm AB+ blood type and would be happy to get tested for compatibility if you know what you're looking for. I haven't ever been contacted about it, it must be very rare to get a match.

I need to get my butt in and start donating platelets again.

Reactions: jeff v4
Awesome!!!! Great news for you!!!

Fantastic news for your daughter and your family!! And great to hear of the successful treatments for the others in this thread...CheeseRunza and ridge22.

Thanks for sharing and giving us the opportunity to pray for your family and daughter specifically.

"Remission" - one of the most joy inducing words in the English language. I'm sure there has been more than enough worry, not to mention suffering, visited upon your family. Best wishes to your daughter and your family.

Reactions: TFrazier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT