ADVERTISEMENT

Upcoming Commit?

The coaches, that's why.

The only time I heard about family was for him to get a waiver from the NCAA to play right away.

Pardon me but it's been a while since any of those schools have played for a title. Outside of OU and Miami, how many of these schools have even played for a title in the last 50 years? The Canes aren't exactly the same Canes of the early 2000's & 90's & 80's. TCU is the only school on that list that IMO I think has a program where I'd like us to be. The rest of them are all about where we are (maybe a little better or little worse). Notice only one true blue blood on that list in OU.

It's fine if your OK with being = to Pitt, Arkansas, Ok-Lites, etc of the world. That's your choice and yes Mike Riley will do a fabulous job at achieving your hopes.

WE SHOULD OUT RECRUIT EVERY TEAM ON THAT LIST. I am sick of the target being a mid-top 25 program. Maybe that's where I lose most people on this board because I want more and theirs no dam reason we shouldn't be a top 5 program.

And I could not care any less about Courtney Love. Great, he's gone. Had Bo stayed we would have been very thin at LB but at the same time, Bo never played a ton of LB's. But who cares regardless. It doesn't make MR a better recruiter. The point of my OP is, is MR a bad recruiter?

And to say let the man be on the job for a while or build relationships, that's BS. Many coaches do very well in their first true class. James Franklin kicked ass his first full year of recruiting. Jim Harbaugh looking pretty dam good for 2016. Urban Myers killed it in his first year. And we are just talking B1G coaches. Now of course theirs a list of inferior coaches in the B1G that didn't kill it. So should we put MR in that group?

Would it be reasonable to wait until Riley at least signs 1 class that he recruited for a full year before we try to put Riley in any category?

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I read the article and was hoping that he would at least be a little excited about the chances of becoming a Husker. Winking I have a very small feeling that if he commits to the Huskers that he would be a great ambassador to the Husker program and really help with recruiting other players. Love his enthusiasm.

QA will be committing to Nebraska on Monday, but will be taking other visits. Said he liked what Nebraska offers in that they are recruiting him at OLB.

He also had 18.5 sacks last year; pretty impressive number, not sure about the level of competition though. He was also All State in New Jersey.

^Read it on twitter this morning from a NJ paper

Last edited:
I read the article and was hoping that he would at least be a little excited about the chances of becoming a Husker. Winking I have a very small feeling that if he commits to the Huskers that he would be a great ambassador to the Husker program and really help with recruiting other players. Love his enthusiasm.

I agree. Overall, this kid seems really intelligent and loves Nebraska, without even haven seen the campus. Could be a potential homerun from a peer recruiting standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT