ADVERTISEMENT

Until Hoiberg benches these guys for taking bad

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
Shots Nebraska will not win in the Big10.
Plus, it helps to make free throws. What a joke!
Next year will be better adding the 3 newcomers and getting rid of dead weight.

Last edited:
Rebound!! How many second chances did indiana have. I would guess enough to win the game. Walker will help when he gets a few games under his belt.

Teddy would find a place on my bench. He dribbles out front, drives out of control and plays zero D along with a hair trigger temper.

Walker was a highlight today. Liked his game

I wouldn’t count on a tiny little JUCO sharpshooter to save the day. And Wilhelm is a top 150 recruit, but Miles got plenty of those too. He won’t make a bit of difference before putting on muscle for a year or two.

Obviously we got the 5 star coming in. But low-end 5 stars are hardly program changers, especially in year one. Go look at every player ranked between 20-30 over the last 5 classes and tell me how many you’ve heard of. He should make for a great piece to build the program, but it’s not a Michael Beasley to KState situation.

Reactions: vighawk
They made a nice run in the second half by playing defense. Unfortunately the defense disappeared as the game progressed. We must have been confused on how we got back in it.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
McGowens hardly played in some of the early games and it's looking like he may be the best player on the team. I'm really questioning the coaching staff's judgment and abilities at this point. Free throws are 100% on the coaching staff and shows they can't get this team to focus. We play the conference teams close enough but can't ever pull out a win. This team has no fight, no focus, and no coaching.

I wouldn’t count on a tiny little JUCO sharpshooter to save the day. And Wilhelm is a top 150 recruit, but Miles got plenty of those too. He won’t make a bit of difference before putting on muscle for a year or two.

Obviously we got the 5 star coming in. But low-end 5 stars are hardly program changers, especially in year one. Go look at every player ranked between 20-30 over the last 5 classes and tell me how many you’ve heard of. He should make for a great piece to build the program, but it’s not a Michael Beasley to KState situation.

Went back the last 4-5 years and there are plenty of prospects ranked in that range that are currently in the NBA

We need more talent but the biggest thing is some roster synergy. This team had zero time together coming in to the year. We can’t keep rebuilding the roster every year.

Not really an excuse for zero wins but the b1g is a buzz saw this year in basketball. We play something like 21 straight games against NET top 75 or so teams (mostly depends on where Michigan state ends up... they're 85th. Everyone else is top 57. 3rd worst is 45.). It's an outright insane schedule on damn near every level.

McGowens hardly played in some of the early games and it's looking like he may be the best player on the team. I'm really questioning the coaching staff's judgment and abilities at this point. Free throws are 100% on the coaching staff and shows they can't get this team to focus. We play the conference teams close enough but can't ever pull out a win. This team has no fight, no focus, and no coaching.
What are you talking about? McGowens has been a starter and has played the bulk of all minutes from game one.

Not really an excuse for zero wins but the b1g is a buzz saw this year in basketball. We play something like 21 straight games against NET top 75 or so teams (mostly depends on where Michigan state ends up... they're 85th. Everyone else is top 57. 3rd worst is 45.). It's an outright insane schedule on damn near every level.
I’ll give you tough schedule but doesn’t mean we should be the doormat. But year 2 after taking over nothing on the roster I get why we are here.

Went back the last 4-5 years and there are plenty of prospects ranked in that range that are currently in the NBA

We need more talent but the biggest thing is some roster synergy. This team had zero time together coming in to the year. We can’t keep rebuilding the roster every year.
I didn’t say they don’t make the NBA. I said they aren’t program changers. Especially as freshmen.

Those kids typically average 8-12 points their first year based on my research. They help the team for sure, so I’m hoping we’ll see improvement next year because of him. But I don’t think he immediately adds 10 wins. Maybe a few.

I’ll give you tough schedule but doesn’t mean we should be the doormat. But year 2 after taking over nothing on the roster I get why we are here.

Hoiberg gets a few more years and they will be a decent tram. I have 100% more confidence in the basketball team doing something more than I do the football team. Nebraska has been the doormat of the conference most times yet people expect and immediate turnaround.

Hoiberg gets a few more years and they will be a decent tram. I have 100% more confidence in the basketball team doing something more than I do the football team. Nebraska has been the doormat of the conference most times yet people expect and immediate turnaround.
Not immediate. But we do expect ncaa tournament win within 5 years. He have the training facility, arena, and resources that it should be done. Otherwise Tim Miles would still be here because he didn’t do that bad.

Most people know it is tough. This year is other level tough.

Preseason #12 Michigan state (yeah that Michigan state with Tom izzo) is 2-4 in the conference.

This conference is major league BRUTAL this year.

We might look bad losing by 10 or 12 every night and still be a better team than last year by a ton.

Reactions: TheNewNU
And blocking out on shots

Free Throws have basically nothing to do with coaching.
Maybe the coach puts too much pressure on the shooter? Maybe the coach practices free throws but not properly practicing them making it a game like situation. Maybe the coach doesn’t practice enough free throws. Maybe the coach shouldn’t have recruited the player If they can’t make free throws. Not saying Fred does this but everything in a program comes back to the coach. That’s like saying Adrian Martinez’s throwing accuracy has nothing to do with Verduzco.

Reactions: oldjar07
Maybe the coach puts too much pressure on the shooter? Maybe the coach practices free throws but not properly practicing them making it a game like situation. Maybe the coach doesn’t practice enough free throws. Maybe the coach shouldn’t have recruited the player If they can’t make free throws. Not saying Fred does this but everything in a program comes back to the coach. That’s like saying Adrian Martinez’s throwing accuracy has nothing to do with Verduzco.

have you ever watched college players shoot FTs at practice?

Not immediate. But we do expect ncaa tournament win within 5 years. He have the training facility, arena, and resources that it should be done. Otherwise Tim Miles would still be here because he didn’t do that bad.

He is getting guys in here and trying to build the program from scratch. This is year 2 with basically all new players.

Ok
He is getting guys in here and trying to build the program from scratch. This is year 2 with basically all new players.
Even if he had gone with players in year one left over from Miles we would still be where we are today. Miles had zero talent remaining that was BIG quality.

You question everyone. Did you play sports??

Trying to find the games in which McGowens "hardly played."

He's second on the team in minutes per game, and here are the specifics:

VS McNeese 19
VS Nevada 23 (and he was in foul trouble)
VS North Dakota St 34
VS South Dakota 30
VS Georgia Tech 31
VS Creighton 28
VS Doane 21 (NU up by 31 at halftime, won by 45)
VS Wisconsin 30
VS Michigan 29
VS Ohio State 26
VS Michigan State 33
VS Indiana 37

B. McGowens next year will take more of Teddys shots, be a better defender, and better with the rock.

The thing is we don't have much scoring so Coach doesnt have much of a choice and Teddy can def ride a hot hand.

The only games I've watched where he hasn't played a bunch of minutes have been ones where he was in foul trouble early. I do think he may be the best overall player on the team.

Reactions: ATX Husker
That first class has some total reaches in it. He's trying to build it the right way with high schoolers but had to take some transfers in that first class that could bridge things. He needs 2-3 more high end players.

Teddy would find a place on my bench. He dribbles out front, drives out of control and plays zero D along with a hair trigger temper.

Walker was a highlight today. Liked his game
That last foul Teddy committed should land him a game suspension from the B1G. He's a head case. Walker WAS a pleasant surprise. The pick and roll with him in it is LIGHT YEARS better than with Yvan. Walker can finish at the rim.

That last foul Teddy committed should land him a game suspension from the B1G. He's a head case. Walker WAS a pleasant surprise. The pick and roll with him in it is LIGHT YEARS better than with Yvan. Walker can finish at the rim.
You can see where this is going, esp with an elite player next year who will thrive in this offense. Like you said if we can add a 6’8 F that is B1G ready this could be quite the flip.

I love that Teddy hates to lose, but don't be a toddler. Temper tantrums are for the YMCA league.

That first class has some total reaches in it. He's trying to build it the right way with high schoolers but had to take some transfers in that first class that could bridge things. He needs 2-3 more high end players.
Yes it’s like anything successful, it’s your next move after you have a good haul that matters long term. Gotta have 2-3 more HS kids in ‘22 class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT