ADVERTISEMENT

UNL President agrees with Klatt’s assessment of Husker football

What the hell??????

Did you even read the thread? EVERYONE in this thread has said repeatedly that it wouldn’t end well if he has another losing season. EVERYONE.

Not sure if you saw that the first two times, so I will type it one more time: EVERYONE!!!!

Look at antirowboat’s 17 posts in this thread claiming no one understands what he is saying and then see the responses acknowledging Frost’s need for wins… why is antirowboat, who has claimed since the loss to Illinois, that Frost is gone guaran-damn-teed (credit to another poster), only now to change his tune. It’s no longer a guarantee IF he wins enough.

Frost needs to win games. If he doesn't he is going to get fired. How you are unable to understand that is weird.

Even Frost himself said in his presser today that he needs to win these close games.

Ted doesn’t need to say anything. When did the university President say anything right before Riley or Pelini were fired? I don’t recall that… why say anything at all?
I know I've only been a member for about 10 days, can someone tell me how I become first-name basis with Ted, Trev, Scott, Jamey, Chris, Matt, Jeff and the others?

• Haha
Reactions: egaRdeR
I know I've only been a member for about 10 days, can someone tell me how I become first-name basis with Ted, Trev, Scott, Jamey, Chris, Matt, Jeff and the others?
For me, it’s when you forget their last name and don’t want to look it up. Hence, Ted…

Expectations isn’t being lowered.. By year 3 1/2 the same reasons why we lose show up week in and week out against power5 competition.. SF was expected to win 6 /7 games according to the majority of the experts before the season started..

The expectations for 6 wins was in larger part because most everybody around the country is coming to the conclusion Frost is in over his head and a bad football coach.

If after Frost was hired I had set the expectation in year 4 for Frost that he just needed to win 6 games people would have laughed.

The expectations for 6 wins was in larger part because most everybody around the country is coming to the conclusion Frost is in over his head and a bad football coach.

If after Frost was hired I had set the expectation in year 4 for Frost that he just needed to win 6 games people would have laughed.
Point taken, but you wouldn’t admit how bad our program with strength and conditioning and no accountability that was left under the Riley regime..

Last year set things back for sure, but by now looking at our schedule this team should win 7 games..

Illinois was one of them so he needs to win 4 games and fix the things that plague us since he has arrived..

Point taken, but you wouldn’t admit how bad our program with strength and conditioning and no accountability that was left under the Riley regime..
That's a shade of red herring IMO. Even if the S&C program was sub-standard when Riley departed, it does not take 3 years to bring the players up to speed.

Frost was hired in early December, 2017......
Winter 2017-2018
Spring, 2018
Summer, 2018
Winter, 2018-2019
Spring, 2019
Summer, 2019

Husker players should have been as S&C ready as any of their opponents at the start of Frost's 2nd season in September, 2019. Indeed, players were giving very positive reviews of Duval's program very early on.

re: accountability. That's a day one install but you have to be consistent. The Mo Washington situation was not handled well IMO.

Last edited:
We are on a 'feel good' streak.. that is all.. have to see how the rest of the season goes.

Things could just as easily go south towards the end of the season.. the narratives are sort of unknown at this point.

I want to see a step up, for next week.. let's kick MSU's ass.

You are trying too hard to troll. There isn't a single school P5 school in the country that will keep someone employed as a head coach with 4 straight losing seasons. None.

Frost had to win that IL game to have any shot at 6 wins. I've stated that plenty of times in various posts. That loss will be the reason Frost gets canned (among other losses throughout the season).

Frost has to win to keep his job. It's not hard to know that or figure that out.
I'm not a HCSF apologist but, is HE losing games? I was a student in TO's early years and there were "fans" in the stands wearing brown bags, holding "Gong Tom" signs. TO took over a Championship team in a very different scholarship environment yet still struggled in his early years. If we as fans live in the "Golden Years" and base our expectations on the history of this team, we do a massive disservice to all our coaches and players. To my mind, HCSF needs to rebuild a culture of disciplined play in ALL phases of the game and recruit the best players we can. As fans we should support this effort but call him out on GLARING problems like OL & ST! If YOU, AS A FAN, want to for a couch every 4 years, what's YOUR plan?

That's a shade of red herring IMO. Even if the S&C program was sub-standard when Riley departed, it does not take 3 years to bring the players up to speed.

Frost was hired in early December, 2017......
Winter 2017-2018
Spring, 2018
Summer, 2018
Winter, 2018-2019
Spring, 2019
Summer, 2019

Husker players should have been as S&C ready as any of their opponents at the start of Frost's 2nd season in September, 2019. Indeed, players were giving very positive reviews of Duval's program very early on.

re: accountability. That's a day one install but you have to be consistent. The Mo Washington situation was not handled well IMO.
Stai, Zatechka, Hoskinson et al all said it was going to take 5 years to rebuild the roster and program after watching spring ball Frost's first spring. I didn't believe it at the time. There is a very good reason that Moos came out and said before that first fall that 6 wins would be a very good season. We had a couple of good O linemen but not much else. Our defensive roster was a mess in particular and we lacked quality depth on the Olne.

Reactions: Laner2
Stai, Zatechka, Hoskinson et al all said it was going to take 5 years to rebuild the roster and program after watching spring ball Frost's first spring. I didn't believe it at the time. There is a very good reason that Moos came out and said before that first fall that 6 wins would be a very good season. We had a couple of good O linemen but not much else. Our defensive roster was a mess in particular and we lacked quality depth on the Olne.
When people say a 5 year rebuild they are not talking about 4 straight losing seasons. There aren't 4 wins left on the schedule to make a bowl game.

I'm saying here and now that the OU game felt like a moral victory for me.
This team can be above .500 if they play that way every game (their effort). Even better if they begin to clean up the mistakes.
And luckily we don't have to wait long to see if that's all this game was, a moral victory.
MSU is a solid team. And after this game I can see how much more faith I can put into this team.

Reactions: wkato
I'm saying here and now that the OU game felt like a moral victory for me.
This team can be above .500 if they play that way every game (their effort). Even better if they begin to clean up the mistakes.
And luckily we don't have to wait long to see if that's all this game was, a moral victory.
MSU is a solid team. And after this game I can see how much more faith I can put into this team.
Congrats on your moral victory. You should be very proud, and I'm sure there will be many more of those in the future. Meanwhile I'll be waiting for real victories. We're 2-2 with a tough schedule ahead. Need to get to 7 wins for Frost's job to be safe, and I hope they are more than just the moral victories.

Congrats on your moral victory. You should be very proud, and I'm sure there will be many more of those in the future. Meanwhile I'll be waiting for real victories. We're 2-2 with a tough schedule ahead. Need to get to 7 wins for Frost's job to be safe, and I hope they are more than just the moral victories.
Gee thanks Beavis. I really needed you to tell me moral victories count for Jack and sh*t..
For the progress of a team, who hasn't found a way to win games, it will hopefully help going forward.
Thanks again 👌

Gee thanks Beavis. I really needed you to tell me moral victories count for Jack and sh*t..
For the progress of a team, who hasn't found a way to win games, it will hopefully help going forward.
Thanks again 👌
Don't project your own idiocy on me. I'm not the one contradicting myself making a big deal out of a moral victory as you say, and then turning around and saying they count for jack shit.

Don't project your own idiocy on me. I'm not the one contradicting myself making a big deal out of a moral victory as you say, and then turning around and saying they count for jack shit.
"Felt like a moral victory, to ME."
And
moral victories "count for jack and shit" IN THE WIN LOSS COLUMN.
😉😘

Lose Big
Lose Close
Win Close
Win Big

That is how it is supposed to go.
Then PJ Fleck tricked everyone when he created "year zero", because salesmen are great at doing things like that.

So now that old way is gone and all of a sudden 5 years is the way. Even though it really doesn't take 5 years.

Lol

As if the dweeb Ted Carter knows wtf he is doing.
Enjoy another lost Frosty. And enjoy those Lincoln bars before you are out of a job this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT