ADVERTISEMENT

UNL President agrees with Klatt’s assessment of Husker football

Klatt didn't say anything wrong. But Frost still needs to win games and everyone knows that. If he doesn't we all know what will come, including Ted Carter.
Wait… now it’s if??? For weeks it’s been a certainty by your account that Frost is gone. Now, for the first time (coincidence that it happens after this tweet?), it’s if he doesn’t win?

Interesting.

The job of the administration is to support the head coach wholeheartedly until the moment their termination is announced. It has always been that way.
When was the last time the UNL president spoke in favor of Riley, or Pelini, or Callahan, or Solich before they were let go?

Thanks.

Wait… now it’s if??? For weeks it’s been a certainty by your account that Frost is gone. Now, for the first time (coincidence that it happens after this tweet?), it’s if he doesn’t win?

Interesting.

You are trying too hard to troll. There isn't a single school P5 school in the country that will keep someone employed as a head coach with 4 straight losing seasons. None.

Frost had to win that IL game to have any shot at 6 wins. I've stated that plenty of times in various posts. That loss will be the reason Frost gets canned (among other losses throughout the season).

Frost has to win to keep his job. It's not hard to know that or figure that out.

You are trying too hard to troll. There isn't a single school P5 school in the country that will keep someone employed as a head coach with 4 straight losing seasons. None.

Frost had to win that IL game to have any shot at 6 wins. I've stated that plenty of times in various posts. That loss will be the reason Frost gets canned (among other losses throughout the season).

Frost has to win to keep his job. It's not hard to know that or figure that out.
I am not the troll here, FYI…

But until Carter said this, you’ve been super clear that Frost will not survive. Not a chance.

When was the last time the UNL president spoke in favor of Riley, or Pelini, or Callahan, or Solich before they were let go?

Thanks.
Often times statements of support end up being firings weeks/months/days later.

Ted is a football guy and wants to win like everyone else.

How is he going to survive another 3 or 4 win season? He has to win. Do you not understand that?
Listen, I’m not saying anything too hard here… I totally get if he only wins 3 or 4 he’s gone. Are you on the record saying he only will get 3 or 4 wins? That’s been pretty clear by your posting history since 5 minutes after Illinois… you have been saying he’s gone. I get it.

For the first time, now, since this tweet, you are using the word ‘if’. That’s all I’m saying.

I’ve been saying ‘if’ all along… just haven’t seen that from you until now.

Often times statements of support end up being firings weeks/months/days later.

Ted is a football guy and wants to win like everyone else.
Ted doesn’t need to say anything. When did the university President say anything right before Riley or Pelini were fired? I don’t recall that… why say anything at all?

Listen, I’m not saying anything too hard here… I totally get if he only wins 3 or 4 he’s gone. Are you on the record saying he only will get 3 or 4 wins? That’s been pretty clear by your posting history since 5 minutes after Illinois… you have been saying he’s gone. I get it.

For the first time, now, since this tweet, you are using the word ‘if’. That’s all I’m saying.

I’ve been saying ‘if’ all along… just haven’t seen that from you until now.

Of course he is gone with only 3 or 4 wins. Why do you think that IL game was hyped up as much as it was for its importance?

Of course he is gone with only 3 or 4 wins. Why do you think that IL game was hyped up as much as it was for its importance?
Thank you captain obvious. For the last time, and I’m trying to type as slowly as I can do you can understand…

You have been saying since that game that he is gone. Not, “He is gone if he only wins 3 or 4 games.” You’ve been saying the writing is on the wall, he will never survive, these are the top 10, top 5, now Chadwell, Monken guys are best replacements. It’s a done deal.

But now that Carter says this, you have used the word if for the first time. Hedging your bets now?

You’ve been super clear that Frost is gone. Now you are saying “Well, he’s gone IF he only wins 3 or 4 games.”

Does that make sense?

Thank you captain obvious. For the last time, and I’m trying to type as slowly as I can do you can understand…

You have been saying since that game that he is gone. Not, “He is gone if he only wins 3 or 4 games.” You’ve been saying the writing is on the wall, he will never survive, these are the top 10, top 5, now Chadwell, Monken guys are best replacements. It’s a done deal.

But now that Carter says this, you have used the word if for the first time. Hedging your bets now?

You’ve been super clear that Frost is gone. Now you are saying “Well, he’s gone IF he only wins 3 or 4 games.”

Does that make sense?

Why are you not able to grasp the basics of this? Frost needed to win the IL game. He had to. He has to have a winning season. The November schedule is an ass kicking waiting to happen with Iowa, Ohio State and Wisconsin to end the season. that will be 3 straight losses.

Frost isn't going to be able to win enough games between MN, NW, Purdue, MI, MSU to get the wins needed for a bowl game.

The IL loss showed that same issues that were present during his first 3 seasons and even against Oklahoma the same issues happened.

Where are the 4 wins going to come from?

Why are you not able to grasp the basics of this? Frost needed to win the IL game. He had to. He has to have a winning season. The November schedule is an ass kicking waiting to happen with Iowa, Ohio State and Wisconsin to end the season. that will be 3 straight losses.

Frost isn't going to be able to win enough games between MN, NW, Purdue, MI, MSU to get the wins needed for a bowl game.

The IL loss showed that same issues that were present during his first 3 seasons and even against Oklahoma the same issues happened.

Where are the 4 wins going to come from?
Then why did you say “if” in your post above? That’s my point.

And I have said in 2 straight posts that he’s gone with 3 or 4 wins. But you keep coming back and claiming that I’m not understanding, even though I have said it in 2 straight posts.

Sure seems like you are not grasping what I’m trying to say.

Then why did you say “if” in your post above? That’s my point.

And I have said in 2 straight posts that he’s gone with 3 or 4 wins. But you keep coming back and claiming that I’m not understanding, even though I have said it in 2 straight posts.

Sure seems like you are not grasping what I’m trying to say.
Why are you stuck up on the word "if"? You are being weird.

If he doesn't have a winning season he will get fired.

If he doesn't win another game he will be fired.

If he wins out he will be celebrated. If he makes a bowl game he returns.

"If" is used in terms of a result to yet to come.

Ted doesn’t need to say anything. When did the university President say anything right before Riley or Pelini were fired? I don’t recall that… why say anything at all?
He has $20 million reasons to encourage Frost to perform.

It could be argued - how many university presidents have felt the need to speak out on behalf of a football coach during the season? I would guess very few, but I honestly don’t know.

Reactions: timnsun
He has $20 million reasons to encourage Frost to perform.

It could be argued - how many university presidents have felt the need to speak out on behalf of a football coach during the season? I would guess very few, but I honestly don’t know.
This could be what he was doing as well… I guess my thought is why say anything? Guess we will find out in the next 6-7 weeks…

Why are you stuck up on the word "if"? You are being weird.

If he doesn't have a winning season he will get fired.

If he doesn't win another game he will be fired.

If he wins out he will be celebrated. If he makes a bowl game he returns.

"If" is used in terms of a result to yet to come.
Because you haven’t used the word if until now. That’s all.

Breathe easy knowing in 4 years Scote Frost doesn't understand the value of special teams. If he did, he would have made things improve there. I've never seen a fan base so happy about losing to Illinois and Oklahoma. What is the career w/l record again?

Frost ain't it.

Reactions: HBK4life
This could be what he was doing as well… I guess my thought is why say anything? Guess we will find out in the next 6-7 weeks…
There is no doubt that this administration including our AD wants this to work out with Frost. If nothing else it's just too expensive for it to not work out. They're going to give him every benefit of the doubt they can and support him in front of his team. The last thing we need is the team to think we've given up on our staff regardless of how anybody else feels about Frost or his staff.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Bottom line, Michigan State is a tall order, beating them there would (obviously) be a big win for Frost and the team. N

I would say it’s a must win. Try finding 4 more wins if we lose this weekend.

And I have no idea if less than six wins gets Frost canned. It should. But, expectations continued to be lowered for the golden boy.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I would say it’s a must win. Try finding 4 more wins if we lose this weekend.

And I have no idea if less than six wins gets Frost canned. It should. But, expectations continued to be lowered for the golden boy.
Expectations isn’t being lowered.. By year 3 1/2 the same reasons why we lose show up week in and week out against power5 competition.. SF was expected to win 6 /7 games according to the majority of the experts before the season started..

Another losing season and Frost will be fired. Do you not understand that?
I understand that. Do you understand that you have been grandstanding for 4 weeks now saying he’s gone. Not dependent on his record or anything, but that he’s gone. Period.

Now all of a sudden the president publicly supports Frost and you are throwing in a caveat (big word - let me know if you need me to explain it to you): he’s gone IF he only wins 3 or 4 games.

Not that hard to understand what I’m saying here, but go ahead and say the same damn thing once again… you know, “Don’t you understand he’s gone if he only wins 3 or 4 games?” Everyone knows that. Every. Single. Person.

please don’t let your response be this AGAIN. PLEASE.

It's simply amazing how many people don't grasp the concept of a coaching having 4 straight losing seasons being fired.

If Frost wasn't from Nebraska the same people trying to make excuses for him would be on the fire train too.

4 years and the same bad football that was around since year 1 is still here. That is BAD coaching.

It's simply amazing how many people don't grasp the concept of a coaching having 4 straight losing seasons being fired.

If Frost wasn't from Nebraska the same people trying to make excuses for him would be on the fire train too.

4 years and the same bad football that was around since year 1 is still here. That is BAD coaching.
Same. Damn. Response.

I guess I’m the moron for hoping for a different response. Shame on me.

There is the little strawman we all know and love. No one is arguing that.

Call your shot. What is the over/under for the rest of the season that you believe will happen? And will that result in him being fired Yes or No?

Only at Nebraska, the ultimate think small Blue Blood program will retain a 4 season losing coach.

Only at Nebraska, the ultimate think small Blue Blood program will retain a 4 season losing coach.
What the hell??????

Did you even read the thread? EVERYONE in this thread has said repeatedly that it wouldn’t end well if he has another losing season. EVERYONE.

Not sure if you saw that the first two times, so I will type it one more time: EVERYONE!!!!

Look at antirowboat’s 17 posts in this thread claiming no one understands what he is saying and then see the responses acknowledging Frost’s need for wins… why is antirowboat, who has claimed since the loss to Illinois, that Frost is gone guaran-damn-teed (credit to another poster), only now to change his tune. It’s no longer a guarantee IF he wins enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT