ADVERTISEMENT

UNION OMAHA BEATS MINN UNITED FC!!

Major upset!! Union Omaha takes down another MLS team!! Go, Owls!! (USL1 over MLS)

So proud of the Owls! This is another gigantic victory for Omaha.

Last edited:
Union Omaha will play the KC Wizards next. That should cause quite a dilemma for all those KC Boys in Omaha!

Go Owls! (and Go, Sounders!)

Union Omaha currently leading MLS team Minnesota United FC 2-1 in the 68th minute in an Open Cup battle.

Yes, it's still early but the fact the Omaha is leading an MLS team (again) is amazing!

Go, Owls!

No one cares. Take this crap to the wildly popular Husker Soccer Fan board.

or just dont open the thread.

I saw the result and came looking for the old thread.
Open Scrolls exists for a reason. No_One.Cares. it's board spam.

"Hey guys, this is really cool, come check it out"

Get lost

e03f1e20910f51f4b2a7168da98fbc72.gif
it-hurts-so-bad
120480ffb46dff2e5dcd7d6eeb09e8ea.gif

• Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha

Get lost
There are currently front page threads about a movie, pizza, staged train crashes, an un-retired NFL QB golfing, a dead actor, hockey (two threads) and sexual misconduct by teachers (also two threads). In fact, you've posted in several of those off-topic threads. This one is about a local sports team.

It's hard for me to imagine being so uninterested in something that I feel compelled to tell everyone how uninteresting it is to me, but you do you.

No one cares. Take this crap to the wildly popular Husker Soccer Fan board.
Why don’t you leave? As others stated don’t open this thread if you don’t want to read it.

There are plenty on here who do care about Soccer.

Get lost
It's May, who cares? What else are we gonna talk about? Don't like soccer then don't open the thread

So how would this compare to other sports? Is this like the Stormchasers beating the MLB Chicago Cubs?

Also, isn't the second time the Union have done this, both in the past year?

So how would this compare to other sports? Is this like the Stormchasers beating the MLB Chicago Cubs?

not exactly. its closer to a AA team beating them. Union Omaha is USL1. There is MLS(MLB equiv), USLC(AAA equiv), then USL1.

Yes, this is the 2nd MLS team they have beaten in this tourney. Chicago Fire and Minnesota Loons

Union Omaha is two steps down from MLS so it would be more like a double A team beating the Cubs. And yes they beat the Chicago MLS team in the first round.

How exciting! What was the final score? Like 35-21? Oh wait, that would be a real sport.

/s. Big soccer fan here but a realist in that most people in Nebraska don't care about soccer and my above comment is generally what I hear when talking about soccer.

The quarter final of the Open cup will be 22 Jun at Children's Mercy Park. Despite the wizards losing yesterday to the white caps (seriously - losing to Vancouver???) you have to wonder how long the Owls will be able to keep it going.

Viva Buhos!!
EBFG SSFC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT