ADVERTISEMENT

Unanimous decision to allow OU and the Whores into the $EC

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Interesting....because so many just assumed certain schools woudn't vote for it. That conference knows how to get shit dun and look good doing it.

It is pretty amazing how quickly all of this has taken place. It was just 1 week ago that we even heard this was a rumor.

spaceballs-light-speed-ridiculous-speed-ludicrous-speed-gone-to-plaid-13964856580.gif

I've been on several boards in my life. One in particular was everyone was welcome to voice their opinion but when final vote was taken it was usually unanimous to show a united front

I've been on several boards in my life. One in particular was everyone was welcome to voice their opinion but when final vote was taken it was usually unanimous to show a united front
Sankey is a very strong leader.

The vote was always going to be 14-0. Sankey wouldn’t allow it any other way.

Ha ha you know of course that is the official vote for public consumption after it already had been all hashed out in secret.

Once there are enough votes to approve it, every school that might have initially voted no flips their vote to yes so it's officially a unanimous decision. And of course that all was also decided before Texas and Oklahoma went public. The schools aren't going to expose themselves to a public rejection.

That's how it works. What you read or hear in the media is the version constructed for presenting a unified front appearance.

**** this, we are voting no!

What was that, we will bring in another 25 million a year?

I mean we vote yes!

Ha ha you know of course that is the official vote for public consumption after it already had been all hashed out in secret.

Once there are enough votes to approve it, every school that might have initially voted no flips their vote to yes so it's officially a unanimous decision. And of course that all was also decided before Texas and Oklahoma went public. The schools aren't going to expose themselves to a public rejection.

That's how it works. What you read or hear in the media is the version constructed for presenting a unified front appearance.
exactly. this was actually done weeks if not months ago. All the calculations; all the lawyering; all the meetings have already taken place before OU/UT even announced their desire to leave. Imagine how much work was done in the last 6 months without a leak. this stuff takes months if not years to finalize

I wrote it in another thread, it’s like the TV show Big Brother, once you find out you don’t have the votes to flip the script, you vote in a way to protect your own interests, in this case 14-0
1. This is so true
2. How is that show still on TV?

Correct.

Since it's all going to shit anyways, I find NFL light unappealing, and money is the ONLY consideration you might as well force the action on your own terms. B1G, Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC merge to form a "money grabber league" outside the NCAA. Add BYU, Uconn, Boise State, Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, and San Diego St to get to 56 teams.

Top two teams from each of the two Champions Divisions form a two-team playoff and vie for the “Amazon Prime Cup” whilst the bottom two teams from each division are relegated to the Contender Divisions. Likewise, the top two teams from each Contender Division are promoted to the Champions Divisions. Play a 13 game all divisional opponent season.

Amazon’s La Liga II Electric Boogaloo Conference

Coca Cola Champions Division
Clemson, Cincinnati, BYU, Iowa, North Carolina, Oklahoma St., Utah, UCF, Oregon, NC State, TCU, Stanford, Boston College, Penn State.

Ford Motor Company Champions Division
Ohio St., Notre Dame, Iowa St., Northwestern, Indiana, USC, Miami, Boise St., Colorado, Washington, Wisconsin, Arizona St., West Virginia, UCLA.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rand Corporation Contender Division
Virginia, Va. Tech, Oregon St., Maryland, Cal, Houston, Washington St., Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Duke, Syracuse.

Chick Fil A Contender Division
Pitt, Minnesota, San Diego St., Wake Forest, Kansas St., Louisville, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Michigan St., Michigan, Florida St., Uconn, Arizona, Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT