ADVERTISEMENT

uh oh....

So even if it was consensual, it is rape because of the ages involved... correct?

I have 4 girls (ages 1 to 9) that I will start worrying about in a few years.

Someone in my family was raped 20 years ago in high school but she never told anyone until years later and still keeps it a secret, even from her parents.

Never a good situation for any involved. Hope the facts come out and justice is served where needed.

Reactions: sparky62
The age of consent in Kansas is 16 like in Nebraska. There will be an issue of if she was able to give consent since it appears alcohol and drugs were in the picture. I am guessing with five people charged, she was in shape to know what was going on. Thats my guess.

The age of consent in Kansas is 16 like in Nebraska. There will be an issue of if she was able to give consent since it appears alcohol and drugs were in the picture. I am guessing with five people charged, she was in shape to know what was going on. Thats my guess.
5 people were "questioned" - it seems most are witnesses. But I don't understand your comment about her being "in shape to know what was going on". What does the number of people charged have to do with that?

5 people were "questioned" - it seems most are witnesses. But I don't understand your comment about her being "in shape to know what was going on". What does the number of people charged have to do with that?
Ok, I misread the number being charged. Generally young ladies don't voluntarily engage with multiple partners. Some do, but often in cases where they are blackout drunk the numbers tend to be more than one.

Her having any alcohol or drugs removes any possibility of consent. Its illegal and therefore an illegal act. There is obviously more information. The older individuals have a responsibility to the younger.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Hopefully im reading it right, that there was one rapist, five guys caught him in the act and are ratting him out. Hope its not that more were involved.

Let's wait and see how this plays out before passing judgment. It doesn't look good, but just because there are allegations doesn't necessarily mean a crime took place.

Ok, I misread the number being charged. Generally young ladies don't voluntarily engage with multiple partners. Some do, but often in cases where they are blackout drunk the numbers tend to be more than one.
Got it. So in your original post you probably meant to say if there had been five suspects she "wasn't" in shape to know... - which I agree with.

I have 2 daughters & 2 granddaughters(plus another one on the way). Me and my 2 friends would would treat this kindly. BTW, my friends are Smith & Wesson.
You sound just like my husband.

We didn't have any daughters, I wanted one but it wasn't in the cards I guess. Having two boys, it's a totally different scenario.

I can recall when I was in college and went to a few parties (not a big partier per say, but attended a few), I always walked out when guys around me were getting drunk and mouthy. Probably kept me safe many times. I wish young ladies in the same scenarios now days would do the same. I was also petrified that if I got pregnant by being stupid or in the wrong place and the wrong time, my parents would kill me.
Society doesn't perceive this type of ordeal the same way it did when I was in HS and College.

RE: the OP's linked story, there's too much that's not been determined for me to make a sound judgement.

One thing I appreciated about the dorm I lived in during my first two years of college was that it was a women's only dorm and guys had to be gone by 9 pm if I recall correctly. You also couldn't bring in just anyone you liked. You had to register visitors etc. Even had to do this when my parents visited during parent's weekend.

Prayers to the young lady either way.

Reactions: TOMHP
I have 2 daughters & 2 granddaughters(plus another one on the way). Me and my 2 friends would would treat this kindly. BTW, my friends are Smith & Wesson.

Just send this guy, he'll take care of it. Go to 1:35 of the video, Harry tells it like it is.

Reactions: sparky62
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT