ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh Sparty.

It is very unfortunate these kinds of things happen. However, what MSU is doing is night and day compared to programs with less integrity. Notice they came clean and took action to remove the players from the team and dorms very quickly, and they reached OUTSIDE the program for further legal and Title IX guidance. Not only does this show adults are in charge, but it shows the kids the tolerance level zero and may help head off further incidents.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Damn. Not good.
And we shouldn't gloat. This could happen to us too
Wife and I watched "The Hunting Ground" on Netflix. Eye opening how much it happens! The last case was the Jameis Winston case, and I guess the girl reported it a year before he won the Heisman, but he played the whole year and the incident wasn't brought to the public eye until he was about to win the Heisman. Then everyone thought the girl was just trying to get in on the fame. It's really sad what schools do to treat these incidents like they are just as much the victims fault!

Last edited:
It is very unfortunate these kinds of things happen. However, what MSU is doing is night and day compared to programs with less integrity. Notice they came clean and took action to remove the players from the team and dorms very quickly, and they reached OUTSIDE the program for further legal and Title IX guidance. Not only does this show adults are in charge, but it shows the kids the tolerance level zero and may help head off further incidents.
They did this because things are getting completely out of control in EL. I could go through the laundry list but will just give my two favorites...you had Rucker getting out of an 8 day jail stint (as a second time offender)) and starting two days later...Dantonio apparently picked him up himself. But that pails in comparison to Winston doing 180 days in prison and somehow working out a deal where he didn't miss a game. How does he repay Dantonio? Well he goes out and does the exact same thing again (assault) and gets sent back to prison. All those things apparently didn't require stiff punishment from MD when they were winning...go 3-9 and all of a sudden it's time to take action.

ADVERTISEMENT