ADVERTISEMENT

Ugly Husker Outlook

As a fellow analyst, I don't agree with this assessment. While it will be almost impossible to win big 10 championships year-over-year due to the distance in levels of play between Neb. and Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., etc., Neb. is set up well to at least appear in the Big 10 championship gm. annually

As a fellow analyst, I don't agree with this assessment. While it will be almost impossible to win big 10 championships year-over-year due to the distance in levels of play between Neb. and Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., etc., Neb. is set up well to at least appear in the Big 10 championship gm. annually
Dear God. Please stop your charade. You’re a clown posting on a free message board.

dumb-huh.gif

BS, it takes the right guy to build a winner and what does a failing fish wrap know about building a winner, they've been declining for years.

Decline of Sports Illustrated leaves behind fading years of glory From over three million copies a week, magazine has seen business model steadily eroded Expand Sports Illustrated announced last week that it was laying off half its staff.

Now there's a magazine who knows how to build and compete in their own league of sports news.

Really anxious/excited to see what the conf schedules look like beginning in 2024 with USC/UCLA

will the conf load up away games in Sept/Oct and home Nov games for those two
can't imagine seeing USC in mid-late November in E Lansing or W Lafayette

Reactions: washer
Don’t listen to everyone else. I need your bullshit to survive. It’s like message board oxygen to me. This has to be mavsker, my other favorite dedicated troll.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Problem 1. Has he ever played a down of football at any level? He appears to have run from many football players with his pocket protector.

Problem 2. He is only using the past 5 years as a sample... This is because a drunk wss running the program.

There are too many talking heads out there that have zero clue as to what they are talking about. Opinions are like a__holes... everyone has one and they all stink. This expert needs to research NIL and the portal and learn how they are used to make quick improvements which in turn will attract better athletes. tOSU may be on their way down. Day is running out of Urbans recruits and is the first coach there in a long time that has losing record to Mich. Not saying they are in trouble, but they are coming back to earth. Didn't they just replace their defense coaches last year? Got torched in the second half and struggled some this year. Hmmmm

Reactions: timnsun
Really anxious/excited to see what the conf schedules look like beginning in 2024 with USC/UCLA

will the conf load up away games in Sept/Oct and home Nov games for those two
can't imagine seeing USC in mid-late November in E Lansing or W Lafayette
Think protected rivalries will have more to do with November games than whether USC/UCLA get a pass as far as heading east late in the season. Certainly can see possible dates at MSU, PSU, Maryland and Rutgers vs creating games against current western division teams. Just a thought.

The experts were saying Nebraska couldn't compete in 1962. They were saying Nebraska's era of success was over in 1976. They were saying the college football world had passed Nebraska by in 1991. And a lot of people agreed with them.

College football isn't that complicated. You recruit some talented guys, you coach them to play together, and you call some plays. It's like the doomsayers can't look at the current Top 25 and spot at least eight teams with fewer advantages than Nebraska in terms of name recognition, reputation, resources, and history. I still say the right coach can turn things around fairly quickly. Not national championships, but nine wins and not being a gimme on everyone's schedules.

Last edited:
"They were saying the college football world had passed Nebraska by in 1991."

That stuff was painful to listen to when we were going to bowl games and regularly getting beat by faster Florida schools.

Unfortunately, in spite of our mid to late 90's success, I think Steve Pederson was one who believed the NU way of doing things was a dinosaur. 😐

This whole idea about Nebraska not being able to compete for National titles is total BS. You have teams in the Midwest that compete for national titles every year then you can include Nebraska with the right coaches. Somehow people believe only schools in the south can win the trophy from here on out and that's complete nonsense.

Will Nebraska ever win another National title, who really knows but I believe they can compete for it and maybe once in awhile in the future they may do it again.

I will say it is harder to do in the modern era of College football unlike when Nebraska was ranked in the top two or three and just had to play one bowl game to determine their fate. Bottom line, it's not impossible.

I'm not an analyst but I play one on message boards so you can believe me when I say this article is complete BS.

Reactions: timnsun
Would not listen to much to this. When Nebraska was winning 9 games with Pelini I heard analyst after analyst say Nebraska is just a 9 win program. Most analysts just look at the surface at that current time and say something to sound smart.

"contending for the Big Ten title? I think it's almost impossible at this point..."

I know it's impossible at this point. The article doesn't really have any reasoning so there is no argument. If by 'at this point' they mean the next year or two I don't think a lot of analysts would disagree. There are some serious recruiting gaps, especially at qb, that will tend to haunt us for a while.

Please decipher for me your claim as a fellow analyst. Pretty much everyone that posts on a board like this are analyzing.
Are you implying this as a profession? And by that I don't mean another in the army of youtubers.

I can honestly say I have literally never heard of that guy in any way shape or form, and I'm betting most college football fans would say the same, but he's entitled to his opinion of course.

Probably already posted in one of the Rhule threads, but Scott Shanle has been vocal about hating the Rhule hire. Specifically, he called out Rhule’s record against ranked teams at Baylor and how he treated people during time in NFL, also referencing an NFL coach eye roll at the Nebraska decision.

Interesting. Wonder what the reception will be from other former players? Clearly he will be semi-polarizing, as expected.

I don’t give a F what Shanle thinks, just find it interesting he’d immediately go full dissent.

It would not have mattered who we hired, even Urban himself, some former players and or Sports writers or media personalities or fans would have found a reason to say it was a bad hire this is to be expected

Please decipher for me your claim as a fellow analyst. Pretty much everyone that posts on a board like this are analyzing.
Are you implying this as a profession? And by that I don't mean another in the army of youtubers.
Means he likes anal. As a taker, that is.

ADVERTISEMENT