ADVERTISEMENT

Ughhh....wife wants to watch the Oscars

I didn't watch it this year. Grabbed a bite to eat and started watching season 4 of Better Call Saul.
I am still watching the Breaking Bad marathon on AMC. Faceoff episode is going right now. I turned over for a couple minutes on the Oscars and that was enough for me to head right back to the Breaking Bad episodes I have watched a dozen previous times. I was glad Brad PItt won and then he goes off on impeachment stuff. I turned back over a while later and that eight year old global warming chick was preaching to me. Back to Breaking Bad. I clicked over a while later and was happy to see Joaquin Phoenix won, because he is my favorite actor working right now and Joker was really good. I made it about ten seconds into his wackadoodle speech about impregnating cows to steal their calfs and drink their milk before I was right back over to Breaking Bad the rest of the night. Well done Hollywood. I am a fan of a lot of your movies, but you refuse to just relax for a night and have some fun. You want to steal all my fun to tell me how woke I ain't and you are. For the record, I am against pedophiles and rapists and you pretty much condone that behavior. Just saying. Roman Polanski says hi from France. You probably had an award for him tonight.

You should have offered a little lovin during that time. If anything watch it from behind....
giphy.gif

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Well, I actually made it farther than I thought...usually never watch...But I had seen a surprising number this year...actually loved the music choices a lot, especially into the unknown(yes, I watched FROZEN 2...so sue me!:) )

Reactions: NewEnglandHusker
turn in your man card NOW!
Dingle, I'm an educated professional, I've remodeled three houses with my own two hands, I've got a small collection of classic vehicles (also restored with my own two hands), I curse like a sailor and the wife and I get along "just fine" ifyaknowwhatI'msayin'. In the last two weeks alone I replaced the drain pump on the washing machine and cut apart the taillight on my Denali and soldered the LED circuit. I'm keeping the man card!

I watched the entire show and don’t really remember anything that would cause a conservative snowflake to faint on the couch. Well maybe Joaquin Phoenix talking about cows milk and peace?? Other than that I just didn’t notice anything political.

I watched the entire show and don’t really remember anything that would cause a conservative snowflake to faint on the couch. Well maybe Joaquin Phoenix talking about cows milk and peace?? Other than that I just didn’t notice anything political.
I read about what Phoenix said, my question did he even know what he was babbling about?

Reactions: OzzyLvr and HuskerO
Dingle, I'm an educated professional, I've remodeled three houses with my own two hands, I've got a small collection of classic vehicles (also restored with my own two hands), I curse like a sailor and the wife and I get along "just fine" ifyaknowwhatI'msayin'. In the last two weeks alone I replaced the drain pump on the washing machine and cut apart the taillight on my Denali and soldered the LED circuit. I'm keeping the man card!

Ok, but did you hang curtains or paint anything in pastel? Moment of truth...

Reactions: Hoosker Du
Sounds to me like you're either over compensating for you feminine feelings OR you're just watching hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.Winking

Sounds to me like you're either over compensating for you feminine feelings OR you're just watching hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.Winking
I wouldn't complain about a wardrobe malfunction, but I honestly enjoy watching. I've always loved movies, and somehow I've managed to not let politics overwhelm and ruin every aspect of my life.

It was fine. Havent seen Parasite and probably wont. Had no clue what Phoenix was talking about...was it be nice to each other? Best song I felt was a robbery. The song from the Harriet Tubman movie was so good.

It was fine. Havent seen Parasite and probably wont. Had no clue what Phoenix was talking about...was it be nice to each other? Best song I felt was a robbery. The song from the Harriet Tubman movie was so good.

Parasite is good, but not life altering. It gets a little far-fetched, but I guess that's why it's a movie.

I'm glad a foreign flick finally won Best Picture, because it'll be funny watching people bitch about having to read subtitles on Facebook when they rent it. "What's this crap of having to read the dialogue?!! I'm not watching this!" Maybe it will broaden some horizons a bit.

There are so many great foreign flicks out
there, and people are really missing out. American movies, which there are a lot of great ones as well, just don't stretch our imagination like some of the foreign flicks I've seen.

What I don’t understand is why these people think we care about their political opinions. Who cares? They stand in front of a camera and play pretend for a living. How does that qualify them to carry any weight whatsoever on important issues?

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT