ADVERTISEMENT

ugghhh all white uni's today

I'm debating in my head whether this is a fireable offense (just kidding, barely). Our traditional road uniforms are iconic, largely because of the Game of the Century but also because of the several hundred other games we won in them. This is like the Yankees giving up their pinstripes. Whenever I see the all whites, I see a team afraid of its winning identity. Plus, our record in them is terrible. Have we won any "games that mattter" in them? I know this is irrational, but I just cannot stand them.

Reactions: scarletred
Sick

We don't even look like Nebraska with white pants on and we usually lose playing a team with a pulse with them on.

Quess It's Go Big white.:mad:

Sick

We don't even look like Nebraska with white pants on and we usually lose playing a team with a pulse with them on.

Quess It's Go Big white.:mad:

Pretty much the norm the last 14 seasons no matter what we wear.

I'm debating in my head whether this is a fireable offense (just kidding, barely). Our traditional road uniforms are iconic, largely because of the Game of the Century but also because of the several hundred other games we won in them. This is like the Yankees giving up their pinstripes. Whenever I see the all whites, I see a team afraid of its winning identity. Plus, our record in them is terrible. Have we won any "games that mattter" in them? I know this is irrational, but I just cannot stand them.

Totally agree with the Yankess assement, you don't screw with a winning Tradition if your going to wear all white at least wear a red helmet with them.

To answer your question we beat Fresno and NW and AtM with Solich other wise we lose.

Was really looking forward to the traditional. In the end, it doesn't matter if we get that W

We'll lose. Oh well, I have a broken sprinkler pipe I have to fix this afternoon. I'd rather do that than look at 11 Good Humor men running around.

Was really looking forward to the traditional. In the end, it doesn't matter if we get that W
Seems like we have always wore our home uniforms when we always played Miami even in bowl games.

Was really looking forward to wearing red pants in this game today.

92%20whites.jpg
Geez! 80% of this thread is just depressed sorrow. Da Fuq is wrong with you people. Who gives a damn what we wear - and no, the stupid red paints are not iconic to anybody but you, dckchusker. The student-athletes get to choose what they want to wear and they could hardly care what a bunch of message board people think. Nothing is iconic about the red pants.

I'll get bashed for this because the only people that will even open this thread are a bunch of like kind whiners that hate change.

Last edited:
Geez! 80% of this thread is just depressed sorrow. Da Fuq is wrong with you people. Who gives a damn what we wear - and no, the stupid red paints are not iconic to anybody but you, dckchusker. The student-athletes get to choose what they want to wear and they could hardly care what a bunch of message board people think. Nothing is iconic about the red pants.

I'll get bashed for this because the only people that will even open this thread are a bunch of like kind whiners that hate change.

Again people like you were not around during the Devaney era when the red pants were the trade mark of Nebraska playing games on the road. That is where and when GO Big RED started.

Dude

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
The fact that Nebraska had games under Solich, Callahan, and Pelini where they've gotten rolled wearing all white has no bearing on today's game.

Reactions: otismotis08
Again people like you were not around during the Devaney era when the red pants were the trade mark of Nebraska playing games on the road. That is where and when GO Big RED started.
Go big red started because of red pants? Anyway, you lack tradition based on another thread "go big scarlet" we're in our traditional all creams today.

Go big red started because of red pants? Anyway, you lack tradition based on another thread "go big scarlet" we're in our traditional all creams today.
Go big red started because of red pants? Anyway, you lack tradition based on another thread "go big scarlet" we're in our traditional all creams today.[/QUOTE

Devaney wanted back in the day for everyone attending the games to wear Red instead of just anything on game day in 1963 he decided to wear red pants because of the fans wearing red to away games as well....So yes that is when the fan base started yelling Go Big Red!

TV was in black and white in the Devaney years. Nobody outside of the people at the stadium knew what color our pants were.

The fact that Nebraska had games under Solich, Callahan, and Pelini where they've gotten rolled wearing all white has no bearing on today's game.[/QUOTE

Agreed but since 2002 when we decided on changing uniforms and wearing all white we have only won 3 games. Even in 1992 we tried it 3 times before we went back to red pants for the OU game and our record was 1-2

92%20whites.jpg

Personally, I just think they look like shit. Give me the red pants every away game.

Reactions: scarletred
Uniform colors mean nothing to me except 1. Auburn unis are badass. 2. Nebraska road unis are badass. But after kickoff it doesn't matter. GBR!

92%20whites.jpg

Wait a minute. They don't care what we think/say? Ugh....next thing you'll say is yelling at the TV doesn't work!

At least Bo jackass isn't running out the tunnel, I am still smiling!

I've got my sh*t brown pants and green argyle sweater on today. F'n A!

how do you say every game is important, and act like you been there before, then use all white for one game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT