ADVERTISEMENT

UGA cheatin, bama mention

Rush, I would imagine, is pretty well connected. And being that he is known for being a slime ball, I would think this is all true.

And in other news, water is wet.

All jokes aside, this isn't surprising in the least. The SEC has been cheating like this for a very long time. I suspect that most SEC teams have more than a few "bag men" who make sure to keep the kids happy. It's to the point now where I have no doubt that the NCAA knows about it and has chosen to look the other way. I think they all but proved it a few years back when they let the Cam Newton thing slide.

And in other news, water is wet.

All jokes aside, this isn't surprising in the least. The SEC has been cheating like this for a very long time. I suspect that most SEC teams have more than a few "bag men" who make sure to keep the kids happy. It's to the point now where I have no doubt that the NCAA knows about it and has chosen to look the other way. I think they all but proved it a few years back when they let the Cam Newton thing slide.

The NCAA knows they have no power. If they piss off too many teams, those teams will just tell them to **** off.

There's billions being made off 'amateur' NCAA football. It would be impossible for there NOT to be money changing hands on the side. It's all about access. Bagmen are like cockroaches. You see one, but hundreds are still in the cabinets and under the fridge. Just make sure you have a good system so you aren't caught red handed. Kirby probably sits in the sauna with his guys when it comes to discussing payola. No words, just nod yes and no.

I still fail to see what is wrong with this. If some rich guy wants to give a kid money to attend his school, go for it.

Just like when Gramps goes "Well Junior, if you attend State U, I will buy you are car"

With that said, if I was a rich guy the last thing I would spend my money on is recruiting kids...I would be to busy running my strip club instead.

He may be telling the truth here, but Propst has a very shady background:

"Propst revealed he had a second, secret family in 2007 and resigned as Hoover's head coach. Despite allegations of wrongdoing against his program, he denied all of them. In 2016, he was suspended by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission after headbutting one of his Colquitt players. He appealed and was instead given a reprimand. In 2019, he was fired from Colquitt for numerous Code of Ethics violations. Propst has been at Valdosta for one year and his program under investigation for paying potential recruits to the school."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...g-players/ar-BB1elJpF?ocid=DELLDHP&li=BBnbfcL

• Wow
Reactions: artguy68
Time for the Power 5 conferences and others interested to do the obvious: Negotiate an agreement with the NFL to develop players in exchange for enough money to run the rest of the athletic departments, complete with equal opportunities for men and women. Taking 85 men's scholarships off the books opens up lots of opportunities for more baseball players, hockey, soccer, gymnastics and other sports dropped in the last few years.

Pay the players $100,000 AND give them a voucher to attend school either during their time on campus or after their football careers are done.

End the hypocrisy.

Yeah. Our bag men probably hand out bags of Runzas and Valentino's gift cards.
depressing_anchorman.gif

First off for the ones who say how can u trust him. There is an old saying where I'm from " it's takes ONE to KNOW ONE". Who know better to identify a cheat than another cheat? Who better to know a criminal and how they do things than another criminal? This is how law enforcement does it with informants.

Second he was "secretly " recorded. It's not like he was speaking on the record or under oath. So yes he is guilty of being a cheat himself, but doesn't absolve Georgia and Bama of being known big time cheats.

The most honest people I know are the ones that lie. This guy is telling the truth. He has nothing to gain with lying about this.

Boy, the cat is finally out of the bag that there's money flowing in recruiting! This will shake up the entire SEC, who's ready to harken in the clean era of college sports and hail the return of true amateurism???

Coach Propst seemed like a slimeball on "Two A Days". The guy was full of himself.

Coach Propst seemed like a slimeball on "Two A Days". The guy was full of himself.
"Last night, Propst did not have his contract renewed at Georgia’s Valdosta High School after being placed on administrative leave earlier this month. Allegations had surfaced that Propst was under investigation for allegedly recruiting players and their families and soliciting money to pay for their living expenses. But according to AL.com, Propst might have crossed the line even harder. He is alleged to have misused school funds, including funds marked for stadium advertising."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...sh-propst/ar-BB1g9M2F?ocid=DELLDHP&li=BBnbfcL

Reactions: huskernaut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT