ADVERTISEMENT

UFL season starts on Saturday

phoenix4nu

Offensive Coordinator
May 10, 2009
The inaugural season of the UFL (the product of a merger between the USFL and XFL) starts tomorrow. Six players who ended their careers with Nebraska are listed on UFL rosters:

Austin Allen - Tight End (Arlington Renegades)
Carlos Davis - Nose Tackle (Birmingham Stallions)
Garrett Nelson - Outside Linebacker (San Antonio Brahmas)
Freedom Akinmoladun - Defensive End (St. Louis Battlehawks)
Chris Payton-Jones - Cornerback (St. Louis Battlehawks)
Jordan Ober - Long Snapper (Michigan Panthers)

In addition, former Nebraska and K-State quarterback Adrian Martinez is on the Birmingham Stallions' roster.

Here is the schedule for Week 1:

Week 1
  • Birmingham Stallions at Arlington Renegades (Saturday, March 30 at noon Central Time on FOX)
  • St. Louis Battlehawks at Michigan Panthers (Saturday, March 30 at 3 pm Central Time on FOX)
  • D.C. Defenders at San Antonio Brahmas (Sunday, March 31 at 11 am Central Time on ESPN)
  • Memphis Showboats at Houston Roughnecks (Sunday, March 31 at 2 pm Central Timeon ESPN)

Will see you in bankruptcy, UFL
I love football but I haven't been able to get into watching it in the spring. Despite all of the competition, I think the way to go is for the UFL to move to playing in the fall. And develop direct ties to the NFL, like a triple A minor league format. Run it like the NBA G League with some players from each team under a two way contract with NFL teams. This is the best way to develop talent, especially QB.

Of course, if the TV contract is only available if they play in the spring then playing in the fall just isn't going to happen.

I love football but I haven't been able to get into watching it in the spring. Despite all of the competition, I think the way to go is for the UFL to move to playing in the fall. And develop direct ties to the NFL, like a triple A minor league format. Run it like the NBA G League with some players from each team under a two way contract with NFL teams. This is the best way to develop talent, especially QB.

Of course, if the TV contract is only available if they play in the spring then playing in the fall just isn't going to happen.
“College” football is the G league for the NFL. No one needs or wants the UFL

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT