ADVERTISEMENT

UF has already moved on to Chip Kelly

Football scoop is a reliable site? LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingRollingLaugh

It called Mike Riley to Nebraska before anyone else did. Just because you don't like the news doesn't mean they aren't reliable.

On top of this all they have done here is provide a quote from the actual decision maker at Florida--again, sorry you don't like the quote.

As depressing as it is for an OU fan to come back to this board, and have been scoping you guys out since 2001, West Coast made me laugh tonight. Hope you get Frost. You deserve better. OU feeling pretty good about its new coach. Hope to make it to Lincoln for the OU game in '21 or whenever they schedule it. Top stadium on my bucket list.

My brother sent me a txt last night said one of his friends is a "booster" Said they are hearing 7 year 30 Mill. Dec 3 being the date of announcement. 1. That 7 year would be in line with what he wants. 2. 7 year 30 mill would be 4.2 mill a year. That number seems much more realistic than 6 year 36 mill we were hearing awhile back. 3. Dec 3 would make sense because if UCF makes Championship game that is on the 2nd.
Now the wife thing that is a whole different ball game. lol Can he convice a warm climate girl to move the the cold dreary midwest??? Happy wife, happy life
December 3 is not the date of the announcement. It is the date Moos gave to Frost to make up his mind by.

December 3 is not the date of the announcement. It is the date Moos gave to Frost to make up his mind by.
That seems like a long time considering it is public now that we are going after him. Especially with the 19th signing date.

It called Mike Riley to Nebraska before anyone else did. Just because you don't like the news doesn't mean they aren't reliable.

On top of this all they have done here is provide a quote from the actual decision maker at Florida--again, sorry you don't like the quote.
That's funny because on December 3, 2017, the day before Riley was hired they were saying "Per sources, Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst is targeting Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema."

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/wednesday-december-3-2014/

They even listed buyout clauses and 2 hours later Bielema came out and said he was remaining at Arkansas.
http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-nebraska-seems-locked/

That's funny because on December 3, 2017, the day before Riley was hired they were saying "Per sources, Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst is targeting Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema."

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/wednesday-december-3-2014/

They even listed buyout clauses and 2 hours later Bielema came out and said he was remaining at Arkansas.
http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-nebraska-seems-locked/

I can actually believe that though. SE doesn't seem like the kind of guy that could land any of the top 5 coaches on his list. Wouldn't surprise me if the first time Bielema ever heard the name "Eichorst" was when SE contacted him about our opening.

My brother sent me a txt last night said one of his friends is a "booster" Said they are hearing 7 year 30 Mill. Dec 3 being the date of announcement. 1. That 7 year would be in line with what he wants. 2. 7 year 30 mill would be 4.2 mill a year. That number seems much more realistic than 6 year 36 mill we were hearing awhile back. 3. Dec 3 would make sense because if UCF makes Championship game that is on the 2nd.
Now the wife thing that is a whole different ball game. lol Can he convice a warm climate girl to move the the cold dreary midwest??? Happy wife, happy life
I think we can come up with 30 million reasons to make her like nebraska

Reactions: husker2612
Which is why Moos is wrong in waiting to fire Riley. He needs to fire him now so we can try to salvage recruiting.
Moos has been through all this before. I would assume he is taking into consideration, FL and Tenn, the Dec 19th dead line. So for him to say Riley is here till the end of the year has me almost convinced he has his guy already locked up and 2 weaks isn't going to make a difference.
If not he is the dumbest AD on the planet and we are F-ed

You people are a bunch of dolts!

If Riley is fired now let’s just say Parella is put in charge. He immediately tells the staff "no contact whatsover with any recruit unless the new assistant I'm naming in charge of recruiting today, John Doe, is present, or approves it or is involved. Texting, phone, mail, nothing. If you violate that, you will be terminated for cause and you will lose your buyout.

When Riley is fired with 2 weeks until signing day, then you have no real staff, right? Let's say Frost is announced the next week. You now have 10 days, or 7 days to convince the recruits, who are busy lining up visits now in December because they know Riley isn't coming back, to stick with NU.

You people are a bunch of dolts!

If Riley is fired now let’s just say Parella is put in charge. He immediately tells the staff "no contact whatsover with any recruit unless the new assistant I'm naming in charge of recruiting today, John Doe, is present, or approves it or is involved. Texting, phone, mail, nothing. If you violate that, you will be terminated for cause and you will lose your buyout.

When Riley is fired with 2 weeks until signing day, then you have no real staff, right? Let's say Frost is announced the next week. You now have 10 days, or 7 days to convince the recruits, who are busy lining up visits now in December because they know Riley isn't coming back, to stick with NU.
incoherent babble doesnt make for a strong argument, and you have the nerve to call us dolts? Again you fail to address the fact of the matter, RECRUITS WANT TO PLAY FOR A COACH, how will anybody convince a recruit to sign to a coach-less program? Ha and you think we are the dolts. Come on Swatted you can do better than that

Moos should do what he said he would do in his initial interview,,,, not fire a coach during the season except for misconduct. Anything else makes him look like someone who can't be trusted. That's not what you want. Just finish the deal behind closed doors.

ADVERTISEMENT