ADVERTISEMENT

UF has already moved on to Chip Kelly

Thanks, I briefly looked this morning for anything to corroborate 711's initial post, but didn't see anything. Now there at least tweets popping up.

You shouldn't need confirmation when i post facts.
To Pennsy's credit, when he posted that, no one did know anything, all speculation. After Rittenbergs article we are now seeing wheels turning from a credible source.

Credible source??

I'm much more credible than rittenberg or any news outlet, I have a family member that works in the florida AD.

Reactions: huskergal99
Frost was never going to UF over NU.

Neb is # 1 to frost even if saban was fired today and alabama offered.

This coming from a NON NU fan with some info.

Good to hear. Quite a few thought Frost might not want to come back. Was Kelly the UF #1 target from the outset?

Frost was # 1 and he turned them down sometime last week, now they move on to Kelly who some people in the UF AD are concerned with his ethics.

On some level if you’re not “cheating” you’re not trying. Don’t tell me Saban operates 100% above the board.

Reactions: Bruce1981
We told Florida to back off Frost or we were going after Tebow ... Moos playing hardball

Frost was never going to UF over NU.

Neb is # 1 to frost even if saban was fired today and alabama offered.

This coming from a NON NU fan with some info.

and we were never going to offer Tebow - trust me, I know someone in the athletic department

You shouldn't need confirmation when i post facts.

Credible source??

I'm much more credible than rittenberg or any news outlet, I have a family member that works in the florida AD.

Well how in the hell am I supposed to know what you're posting are facts? If you told me the sun rose today or it was November 13 I could check for myself if your assertions were, in fact, true. But what you posted was an unverified assertion, not a fact, and I'm not in the habit of just believing everything some jackass says on the internet, sorry.

The same goes for your claim that you have a family member that works in the AD. Is that factual? How am I to know? The best you can do is continue to make accurate statements, and if you do that over a long enough period of time you'll earn a reputation as someone who has good information.

But you apparently want us to treat your claims as gospel based on nothing more than your assertion of them as such. Sorry, your claims are never going to acquire the status of truth just because you say they are. Believe it or not, sometimes people outright lie, troll, tell half-truths, or inadvertently pass on bad information on the internet.

What are his stipulations?
I don’t know many of them, some are personal. One thing I know that he wanted is a 7 year contract and Moos has put that on the table.

One big thing that’s not a stipulation is that does his wife wanna live in Lincoln long term? She’s from Arizona.

I don’t know many of them, some are personal. One thing I know that he wanted is a 7 year contract and Moos has put that on the table.

One big thing that’s not a stipulation is that does his wife wanna live in Lincoln long term? She’s from Arizona.

Who knows, but I have lived in Neb, Arizona and Colorado and Arizona is a distant 3rd among those states as far as where I would want to raise my family...

I'll believe it when I see it. I don't think Kelly would get along great with the Florida administration. Spurrier would walk into McElwain's coaches' meetings uninvited and draw up plays for them - that's not going to fly with Chip. He also wouldn't have the facilities he had at Oregon - the administration got mad at McElwain for saying they needed to upgrade. Chip would be a much better fit at UCLA, IMO, where they care more about basketball and will let the football coach just do his thing.
AND, if Frost did say no to Florida these would probably be the reasons why. Despite all the people who seem to think Florida is some kind of dream job, it has it's downsides too. A friendly administration is fairly important to many coaches.

My brother sent me a txt last night said one of his friends is a "booster" Said they are hearing 7 year 30 Mill. Dec 3 being the date of announcement. 1. That 7 year would be in line with what he wants. 2. 7 year 30 mill would be 4.2 mill a year. That number seems much more realistic than 6 year 36 mill we were hearing awhile back. 3. Dec 3 would make sense because if UCF makes Championship game that is on the 2nd.
Now the wife thing that is a whole different ball game. lol Can he convice a warm climate girl to move the the cold dreary midwest??? Happy wife, happy life

My brother sent me a txt last night said one of his friends is a "booster" Said they are hearing 7 year 30 Mill. Dec 3 being the date of announcement. 1. That 7 year would be in line with what he wants. 2. 7 year 30 mill would be 4.2 mill a year. That number seems much more realistic than 6 year 36 mill we were hearing awhile back. 3. Dec 3 would make sense because if UCF makes Championship game that is on the 2nd.
Now the wife thing that is a whole different ball game. lol Can he convice a warm climate girl to move the the cold dreary midwest??? Happy wife, happy life

I'm sure she knew full well her husband is a football coach which could require moving to a number of places. Arizona summers are hell for some. Maybe she thinks it would be cool to live where it actually snows.

At least the summers in NE are marginally more enjoyable (and shorter) than those in AZ.

Reactions: husker2612
Warm states are overrated. Who wants to be hot all the time? With her money she can plan on spending January thru April wherever she wants.

Reactions: FrostTroll
I would think almost any town could be a decent place to live if you had tens of millions in the bank. With that kind of scratch, they could easily have the best house in the city. There are enough public/private school options that they would not need to be concerned, and undoubtedly the coaching offer comes with memberships to country clubs, private jet flight time, and anything else they'd want.

Nebraska can't offer mountains or sunny beaches, but skiing in Colorado is only a few hours away, and $$$ plus private jets can get you to any beach in the country in four hours.

Reactions: headcard
On some level if you’re not “cheating” you’re not trying. Don’t tell me Saban operates 100% above the board.

maxresdefault.jpg

They previously lived in Oregon, which is a pretty dreary place too - not as cold, but not much sunshine either.

When you're making millions of dollars, anywhere is a great place to live.

Don't take this personnel......but I had to laugh. My brother sent me a txt last night that one of his friends is a booster. I'm a booster too and nobody is calling me with those details. :p

Don't take this personnel......but I had to laugh. My brother sent me a txt last night that one of his friends is a booster. I'm a booster too and nobody is calling me with those details. :p

Yeah, I doubt Moos is talking to boosters about contract details. I'm guessing the only person who knows that information is Frost's agent.

I know, everyone has a friend or brother or knows a booster these days. LOL

You guys are going to land Frost

As Lee Corso has so often said, "Not so fast...."

From footballscoop, a pretty reliable site:

Florida: Responding to a message board post that Chip Kelly to Florida was “basically a done deal,” Scott Stricklin wrote on Twitter, “There is a lot of bad (i.e. incorrect) info out there, but this is a whole other level of bad info.”

Florida: Responding to a message board post that Chip Kelly to Florida was “basically a done deal,” Scott Stricklin wrote on Twitter, “There is a lot of bad (i.e. incorrect) info out there, but this is a whole other level of bad info.”
I believe that was actually in response to a tweet that said the previous AD is meddling in the process. I suspect we will know soon enough though, no reason to wait if it is Kelly.

Reactions: huskergal99
Too many ahole's here i'm out..

Don’t leave on my account. I believe you provided valuable information. In my mind, you have a good reputation as someone who provides accutrate information. As the day went along other sources started reporting Kelly to Florida.

I was just objecting to your attitude which seemed to suggest we ought to believe everything you say because you claim you post facts. That’s not good evidence for believing anything that anyone says.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Don’t leave on my account. I believe you provided valuable information. In my mind, you have a good reputation as someone who provides accutrate information. As the day went along other sources started reporting Kelly to Florida.

I was just objecting to your attitude which seemed to suggest we ought to believe everything you say because you claim you post facts. That’s not good evidence for believing anything that anyone says.
He’s not responding, must be working the late shift at the Sev-11

Football scoop is a reliable site? LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingRollingLaugh

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT