ADVERTISEMENT

UConn cancels Football

That's when a disease kills .05% of people.
How are you arriving at that conclusion?

If you're dividing the number of COVID deaths by the total population, that is an incorrect calculation....and if you are doing it that way, that just means that all other causes of death that people like to reference kill even less people that .05% of the population.

If you're dividing the number of COVID deaths by the total population, that is an incorrect calculation....and if you are doing it that way, that just means that all other causes of death that people like to reference kill even less people that .05% of the population.
Or confirmed cases that end in death maybe.... would likely be a higher percentage that way

Dude. It was a joke based on basic math.

So will be weird for the players and coaches to have an entire season cancelled. So the players keep their scholarships and the coaches keep their paychecks?

This post has nothing to do with UConn, but I had a coworker who died in his mid 50s. Probably 5' 7" tall, 260 lbs. Two packs a day of Camel straights and between 6 and 12 cans of Schlitz Malt Liquor every night with a few bourbon chasers. He brought two 1.5 oz Tupperware containers of bourbon in his lunch pail and drank those at lunch. His death certificate listed the cause as "heart disease" as he did have a heart attack at home one evening. It always made me suspicious that what is listed on death certificates may not tell the whole story.

This post has nothing to do with UConn, but I had a coworker who died in his mid 50s. Probably 5' 7" tall, 260 lbs. Two packs a day of Camel straights and between 6 and 12 cans of Schlitz Malt Liquor every night with a few bourbon chasers. He brought two 1.5 oz Tupperware containers of bourbon in his lunch pail and drank those at lunch. His death certificate listed the cause as "heart disease" as he did have a heart attack at home one evening. It always made me suspicious that what is listed on death certificates may not tell the whole story.

the death certificate isn't meant to tell the whole story ....

you are required to list the immediate cause of death
if a patient with advanced cancer dies of a heart attack .. the immediate cause of death is myocardial infarction

there may be an instance but I can't think of a circumstance where cancer, alcohol use, or tobacco abuse would ever be listed as the immediate cause of death ... perhaps rarely acute alcohol intoxication

you list contributing factors elsewhere on the form ... there is a box that you have to check as to whether tobacco use did, did not or may have contributed to the death

the death certificate is not an accurate account of a patient's entire medical history

Reactions: Seascout3

if a patient with advanced cancer dies of a heart attack .. the immediate cause of death is myocardial infarction

there may be an instance but I can't think of a circumstance where cancer, alcohol use, or tobacco abuse would ever be listed as the immediate cause of death ... perhaps rarely acute alcohol intoxication

you list contributing factors elsewhere on the form ... there is a box that you have to check as to whether tobacco use did, did not or may have contributed to the death

the death certificate is not an accurate account of a patient's entire medical history
The only worthwhile information on a death certificate is that it states you are dead. ;)

Reactions: dinglefritz

Then how can anybody possibly die from "Covid-19"? If what you are saying is true, shouldn't the death certificate note something like "respiratory failure" and somewhere else have a box to note "patient had Covid-19"? Serious question, you seem to have background in this.

Then how can anybody possibly die from "Covid-19"? If what you are saying is true, shouldn't the death certificate note something like "respiratory failure" and somewhere else have a box to note "patient had Covid-19"? Serious question, you seem to have background in this.

respiratory failure alone would be too generic for a death certificate - it would get sent back
would need to be respiratory failure due to or complication of COVID-19 pneumonia

there is not a lot of time that goes into filling out a death certificate - insurance claims, hospital records, etc with ICD-10 codes are much more accurate

dcmud3.jpg

Last edited:
You have to wonder if their players can now transfer freely to another school with immediate eligibility.

This is the beginning of the snowball rolling downhill and it won't stop until the season is canceled. That's been my prediction, and I'm sticking to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT