ADVERTISEMENT

UCF

Well the whole point is that even if they win, only 2 of those 26 wins were against worthy opponents. Someone else was complaining about why we keep bringing up their schedule and it’s because of posts like this, but fine, if they pound LSU I’ll admit they are good. If LSU beats their ass will you admit they are grossly overrated?
I will, but don't believe one bit LSU's gonna beat them though. Personally at the rate they've been playing and winning, there isn't a team in the BIG that could beat them including OSU.

I can’t stand UCF. I hope they get absolutely pounded by whoever they play in their bowl. Their schedule is a f’ing joke. Honestly I hope they move to a P5 conference so they can feel the pain of having to play real teams every week. I guarantee they’d be a .500 team.
K_Y_E is completely right here. We've already gone through this before with both Utah and TCU. Sure they had some good seasons before moving to a P5 conference, but since then they are both perennial .500 teams. Utah just got lucky they made their conference championship game. TCU just got lucky they have had 3 seasons with 10+ wins since moving to a P5 conference. Besides both having a win percentage of over .600 since moving to P5 conferences, they both will never be anything more than a .500 team until they get regulated back to a lesser conference.

I really wish they would have either gotten in as the 4 seed, so Bama could abuse them, or been matched up against Georgia. I think LSU is a winnable game for them.

As annoying as some of their fans have proven to be, I can’t help but to continue liking this football team - their heart and toughness these past two seasons has been amazing and really fun to watch.
I don't mind the team, As a football fan I can respect what they have accomplished . Yes the majority of their fan base has caused much of the country to root against them. UCF fan base should be the poster child for the stereotypical millennial. Self centered, self entitled, participation trophy given, me me me,cry babies.
If they would have stopped with all this NC thing, shut their mouths, stayed humbled, they would have eventually got into a P5 and earned respect over the long term. They didn't want to do that, they demanded respect because of a few good season over 20 or 30 years.

I don't mind the team, As a football fan I can respect what they have accomplished . Yes the majority of their fan base has caused much of the country to root against them. UCF fan base should be the poster child for the stereotypical millennial. Self centered, self entitled, participation trophy given, me me me,cry babies.
If they would have stopped with all this NC thing, shut their mouths, stayed humbled, they would have eventually got into a P5 and earned respect over the long term. They didn't want to do that, they demanded respect because of a few good season over 20 or 30 years.
And their AD is a whiny bitch

Until UCF plays a weekly schedule like that of a P5 conference there is no way to predict how they will do. Right now for them to play the same schedule as Neb they would not show the same each week as they do. I am not smart enough or dumb enough to actually say they would be 9-3 0r 0-12 or 12-0 but there is no comparision between them playing in their league and going 12-0 and playing a major conference schedule. Sorry UCF that is just the way it is. Until you show you can do it there is no way of knowing if you can. Very few teams can make the jump and stay at the same level of winning pct!

I WANT WHAT HE'S SMOKIN!

UCF is 7.5 to LSU with their backup QB, so maybe something like 4.5 with milton. Mediocre big ten teams like sparty, minny, nw, and Purdue are all 3 to 6.5 pt dogs in their bowl games to much, much worse teams (oregon, utah with likely their backup qb, auburn, and georgia tech) than LSU.

If LSU shows up like Auburn did last year, uninterested, then CF has a great shot at beating them. It’s easy for CF to play with a chip on their shoulder and flying high. If LSU has an edge to them, they should be able to score a lot of points on a poor CF defense. LSU has the better talent on the D side, so if they’re interested in playing hard, they should win.

Reactions: husker2612
If LSU shows up like Auburn did last year, uninterested, then CF has a great shot at beating them. It’s easy for CF to play with a chip on their shoulder and flying high. If LSU has an edge to them, they should be able to score a lot of points on a poor CF defense. LSU has the better talent on the D side, so if they’re interested in playing hard, they should win.
I never understood those who say a team plays with the same fire, passion and motivation as compared to the reg season. It is different. Yes, of course every team goes into it not attempting to lose. Guessing many of the players treat it more as a work vacation vs anything to serious or competitive. UCF, and other lower level teams, go into these things treating it as a super bowl. They are look to "bring down a giant" and get respect.

i really don’t understand some of the Husker fans’
hate on UCF. Why can’t we appreciate & respect what the have done under our coach & what they are continuing to do. I really din’t get it from”the greatest fans”! No wonder h3 , SM-I-am Luckie ( are they the same person) are so critical & skeptical !!

It shouldn't be that hard to understand why Nebraska fans don't like UCF.

It shouldn't be that hard to understand why Nebraska fans don't like UCF.
So a few UCF fans on social media out of the hundreds of thousands of UCF grads are going to make you dislike their entire fanbase? Alrightythen. Hope they win their bowl game big and claim another Mythical National Championship. Frost left them in a good place and Heupel is a good guy from a good family in South Dakota. I'm not sure he'll be able to recruit like Frost did and sustain it but we'll see. He's got 3 more years with some really good young players that Frost brought in.

That is because he and his staff are no longer coaching them..
Frost is a logical man, even he and his coaches when they were at UCF didn't believe they should be playing for a NC. They are competitors, they don't want to be just given something. They wanted to earn it.

UCF is the exact reason why there needs to be an 8 team playoff. You don't want to leave out OU, or Ohio St, (Notice no mention of Georgia, they just lost their playoff game imo) who are both worthy of a spot, but UCF deserves to the chance to show if they belong or not. Not by eyeball test, but by record. As things stand currently, if you are not in a power 5 conference, or if you not Norte Dame, you're eliminated from next years playoff as soon as the clock hits zero of national championship game. Its just not a good look for college football at all.

K_Y_E is completely right here. We've already gone through this before with both Utah and TCU. Sure they had some good seasons before moving to a P5 conference, but since then they are both perennial .500 teams. Utah just got lucky they made their conference championship game. TCU just got lucky they have had 3 seasons with 10+ wins since moving to a P5 conference. Besides both having a win percentage of over .600 since moving to P5 conferences, they both will never be anything more than a .500 team until they get regulated back to a lesser conference.

Correct - TCU joined the Big 12 went 7-6 (4-5) and 4-8 (2-7) in their first two years. This following a 4 year run in the MWC where they went 47-5 (30-1).

Utah joined Pac and went 8-5 (4-5), 5-7 (3-6), 5-7 (2-7) in their first 3 seasons. This coming off a 3 year run in the MWC where they were 33-6 (21-3).

So a few UCF fans on social media out of the hundreds of thousands of UCF grads are going to make you dislike their entire fanbase? Alrightythen. Hope they win their bowl game big and claim another Mythical National Championship. Frost left them in a good place and Heupel is a good guy from a good family in South Dakota. I'm not sure he'll be able to recruit like Frost did and sustain it but we'll see. He's got 3 more years with some really good young players that Frost brought in.

I mean, yeah, pretty much man. Were any UCF fans over here wishing Frost to win the B10 conference before the season started? Or were they trolling/still trolling their a** off? They absolutely hate Nebraska. Heuple

this is a lie being spread by the ESPN biased SEC homers

Adrian Killins called them out('the SEC has never seen speed like UCF' line) and there were articles(al.com) where several Auburn players said 'he woke them up' and they still lost

Reactions: footnfan1
this is a lie being spread by the ESPN biased SEC homers

Adrian Killins called them out('the SEC has never seen speed like UCF' line) and there were articles(al.com) where several Auburn players said 'he woke them up' and they still lost
LSU has better overall talent across the board than does UCF, that's the way it is. They have just as much speed and have played against better teams. Doesn't always mean they win these kinds of games, I believe they will.

LSU has better overall talent across the board than does UCF, that's the way it is. They have just as much speed and have played against better teams. Doesn't always mean they win these kinds of games, I believe they will.

lsu mediocre talent can't compete with aac maybe lsu have close game with east carolina or weaker aac team but ucf beat lsu by 200 BILLION

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
I mean, yeah, pretty much man. Were any UCF fans over here wishing Frost to win the B10 conference before the season started? Or were they trolling/still trolling their a** off? They absolutely hate Nebraska. Heuple
Just stop. Social media posters are a small part of UCF's fanbase. I would have been somewhat perturbed too IF I were a UCF fan for NU poaching Frost. Most of them want Frost to do well but MOST reasonable fans aren't sitting around trolling other fan bases. Just a few knuckleheads.

Same could be said when Nebraska played Ohio St this year you could tell the Ohio St players were not fired up to play Nebraska like they were to play Michigan just an observation. You could tell Nebraska made strides and improvements as the season went on. Frost will have a winning record next year. 9-3 or 10-2 i predict. If you are not motivated to knock off a team that has won 25 in a row then forfeit the game. I am tired of hearing excuses from P5 teams when they lose. Sounds like the Gators. Recruiting is not an exact science either. We had a 4 star RB that could not beat out a walk on for the starting job so he transferred to Texas A+M. We have plenty of 2 and 3 star guys in the NFL. Funny how a recruit gets another star when he commits to say UF, UGA or Bama based on what oh yeah to sell more Internet subscriptions on rivals or 247. I would venture to say most 2 and 3 star athletes from the state of Florida are much better then the 2 and 3 star athletes from most other states besides, Texas, Georgia and California. LSU has a stout defense and it will be a very difficult game for us to win. I would say the game is a pick em.

Excuse me! I am a UCF fan and I am not white trash. I'm a Husker to the bone but I can like and appreciate other teams.
Don’t you know the rules you can’t not root for another team and care about Nebraska, because the RN from West if Omaha will call you out GBR Go Jays

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT