ADVERTISEMENT

UCF still can't get over us

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threa...-time-nobraska-was-nationally-relevant.60879/

Stopped over to the UCF msg board for the first time in a month or so. They are still talking about us. I understood it at the beginning. They were hurt and upset. It has been almost 3 months and they still cant get over it. I don't understand, I would think they would want to focus on their own team in conversation, not us waste time bashing us. Most Neb fans aren't even over their to read it anymore. lol

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threa...-time-nobraska-was-nationally-relevant.60879/

Stopped over to the UCF msg board for the first time in a month or so. They are still talking about us. I understood it at the beginning. They were hurt and upset. It has been almost 3 months and they still cant get over it. I don't understand, I would think they would want to focus on their own team in conversation, not us waste time bashing us. Most Neb fans aren't even over their to read it anymore. lol
If you're checking out their message boards, maybe you can't get over them either. Just let them have their own conversations and don't worry about them.

If you're checking out their message boards, maybe you can't get over them either. Just let them have their own conversations and don't worry about them.
I have been checking their boards for the last 2 years. I will probably always follow them. Has nothing to do with "getting over them". lol

I don't know what we as Husker fans can gain by being critical of UCF. Scott is obviously proud of what he got accomplished there in two years and he talks about enjoying his time there. I don't think it will help the Huskers cause to bash UCF.

I don't know what we as Husker fans can gain by being critical of UCF. Scott is obviously proud of what he got accomplished there in two years and he talks about enjoying his time there. I don't think it will help the Huskers cause to bash UCF.
I don't think I was really bashing UCF. If it came across that way I apologize to anyone that took issue with it. They have a great up and coming program one that I will probably always follow. I was simply stating the confusion I had as to why they are still making it a point to bash Nebraska. Especially 3 months after the fact. Nothing more

We (collectively) were living vicariously through UCF when our coach was working there. Now, UCF will live vicariously through us as "their" coach is now "our" coach. I liked watching UCF play last year and still watch the highlight tapes. It gives me ideas on how our team will operate this year. Allow them to "cheer" for us and we will cheer for them as one of our coaches' dear memories. However, if we ever play them, our loyalties will lie with DONU.

Reactions: husker2612
I cheer for Liberty and Youngstown st and Ohio and Vandy and Alabama and so on and then my favorite NFL team is any team with a former Husker past or present. I simply can’t lose

I'd probably be pissed too, if we lost Scott Frost as the HC and now had to rally behind a Fat Justin Timberlake.

I really want to cheer for UCF and want to wish them success because of Coach Frost. However if their message board posters are a reflection of their fan base, then I have a really hard time rationalizing why I should cheer for them. They are butthurt on another level and it’s not getting any better. The reality is, now that we’re into 2018 it stands to reason with Frost at the helm, we’re closer to national relevance after a 4 win season than they are after an undefeated season with Heupel. My guess is, deep down, they know it.

You don't follow any other teams but Nebraska? Really? You need to get out and expand your horizons. There is a lot of good football conversation out there.
The linked UCF thread wasn’t good FB conversation.

The butthurt is strong with them as well. Any plublicity is good plublicity and gotta give it to them for their creativity. Ha ha

Nope, loyal to Nebraska. fook all other teams. Hope they all lose, every game.
Being loyal to Nebraska and liking other teams, especially ones that are not in conference are 2 different things. Nebraska is always #1 but I do like and follow other sports and teams.
I was banned over there also - for laughing at them.
lol Not surprising. That mikisic (however his name is spelled) is the most loud mouthed/ vulgar dude I have ever met in my life. Not a word is said about him with their mods

It's really a shame, too. I plan to follow the team, mainly to see how they follow up this season. It'd be nice to be able to see some of their comments (not necessarily to reply :Cool: ) next year.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bruce1981
Nobraska, that's cute. You would think people that have a mascot with a silent K in their name would know there is one in knob as well. Knobraska. Florida people are so clever.

Nobraska, that's cute. You would think people that have a mascot with a silent K in their name would know there is one in knob as well. Knobraska. Florida people are so clever.
I've always laughed at it because if anything it was reading in my head as NO-Braska not Knob-raska their fans are not very old(at least they dont show it). i would imagine 75% of their board is under the age of 20

I've always laughed at it because if anything it was reading in my head as NO-Braska not Knob-raska their fans are not very old(at least they dont show it). i would imagine 75% of their board is under the age of 20
That was my theory as well. Was thinking 90% under 25 for sure

Reactions: NU_FTW
UCF had a great year, but their ridiculously small fanbase is insanely delusional. They will probably hand out stickers and balloons in the shape of mickey mouse ears to the "first 10,000 fans" who attend next year's season opener, which say "The People's National Champions," and donate the remaining 5,000 to Disney World.

Pretty funny to me. As for their fanbase being dilusional

They have 5 conference titles in the last 10 seasons that is 5 more than Nebraska
They have 2 bcs bowl wins in the last 5 years Nebraska's last bcs bowl win was nearly 20 years ago

Five 10 win season in the last 10 years.

And yet here you are starting a thread talking about them talking about Nebraska. You would think you would want to focus on your own team instead of another teams fans.

Reactions: bigboxes
Lame thread. Let any fan base talk whatever they want to on their board. We do the same. It's like home field advantage. If you are visiting, you'd better be respectful. Iowa fans that want to be repeat posters on this board know that full well. You don't have to set people straight on their board. Just stay away if it offends you.

And no, I don't follow other teams unless it affects NU. I don't care who their coach is, the mascots or the attractiveness of their cheerleaders.

Lame thread. Let any fan base talk whatever they want to on their board. We do the same. It's like home field advantage. If you are visiting, you'd better be respectful. Iowa fans that want to be repeat posters on this board know that full well. You don't have to set people straight on their board. Just stay away if it offends you.

And no, I don't follow other teams unless it affects NU. I don't care who their coach is, the mascots or the attractiveness of their cheerleaders.

This. x 1000.

I still can't get over we have HCSF. I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and still can't believe we have him. We are so lucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT