ADVERTISEMENT

UCF sources saying Frost to Nebraska announced Saturday

Drama. Any chance we'll get the big party from ESPN when it's official or will they play it down?

On the interview on UCF radio today Frost all but came out and said I’m going and the UCF radio host acknowledged the likelihood of his departure!
Not sure if anyone still goes over to UCF board. Yes it is a hot mess right now. Anyways, there are some that actually believe he could still stay. Some didn't see his interview as a bad sign. lol

Reactions: HuskerDana
Pretty good idea and it will come out soon enough but the clues are out there.
Only a few logical options.
Moos- Not him, he wouldn't want to risk loosing Frost
Frost-Not him, he doesn't want it to come before his championship game.
Family- I would think any close family of Moos and Frost would be respectful and keep this all a secret
Friends- This is my guess. Especially if the whole, "assistants are looking for houses thing is correct. The only people I assume that would know assistants are looking for houses are the assistants. More specifically Barrett Ruud. If it is Ruud and Frost finds out I wouldn't think he would be very happy. It could also be guys like Davison, and Benning

I sometimes things like this are leaked by agents, so that it does not come as a total shock when the coach decides to leave. It gives both sides a chance to show their fans what they are doing to either get a coach or keep a coach, imo.

Leaks are inevitable. Even when there is no bad intention. A staffer or assistant coach tells his family he will be moving. They tell a close friend, done.

Hell, even I was clued in on an offer to Davison and members of his current staff coming or staying and I am not that connected.

~32 Hours until Lars' time frame. 8 hours until most everyone can drink into a coma, wake up take Advil. Only have to get through about 26.5 until we can watch the UCF v Memphis AAC CCG. The announcement shouldn't be long after that, maybe enough time to eat a late afternoon meal? Feels much better than this past Monday in terms of having to wait.

~32 Hours until Lars' time frame. 8 hours until most everyone can drink into a coma, wake up take Advil. Only have to get through about 26.5 until we can watch the UCF v Memphis AAC CCG. The announcement shouldn't be long after that, maybe enough time to eat a late afternoon meal? Feels much better than this past Monday in terms of having to wait.
Probably the most excited I have been about husker football in a long time and we aren't even playing a game. Unfortunately now we have to wait 9 months to watch coach frost. Side note have we ever sold out a spring game. Guessing we will.

Leaks are inevitable. Even when there is no bad intention. A staffer or assistant coach tells his family he will be moving. They tell a close friend, done.

Hell, even I was clued in on an offer to Davison and members of his current staff coming or staying and I am not that connected.
What is Davison going to be doing?

What is Davison going to be doing?
Again, I’m not in the know but only heard he was contacted about an “operations” role on the staff.

Take it for what it’s worth. I wouldn’t stake my reputation on this coming true but most everything else I’ve heard came to fruition.

Probably the most excited I have been about husker football in a long time and we aren't even playing a game. Unfortunately now we have to wait 9 months to watch coach frost. Side note have we ever sold out a spring game. Guessing we will.
Horse crap! Spring Game baby, It is going to be hard getting in there. Granted after the past Red and White game, it left a sour taste in the mouth realizing in hindsight the only reason we looked so good is because of how horrible our team was, on both sides of the ball. 9 months will fly by, at least for me.

I haven't been this excited for Husker Football since 2001 though I had to follow that season through newspaper clippings mailed to me.

Drama. Any chance we'll get the big party from ESPN when it's official or will they play it down?
They will all explain how SF is making a huge mistake because Nebraska is cold and isolated from good players and could never compete in todays day and age...

Again, I’m not in the know but only heard he was contacted about an “operations” role on the staff.

Take it for what it’s worth. I wouldn’t stake my reputation on this coming true but most everything else I’ve heard came to fruition.

First rumor I heard involving Matt Davison was in early November and it was that he was tapped for head of football ops. I've always lurked on the site, but after the rumor that Davison left (or talked about leaving?) his radio gig two days ago really piqued my interest as it built off/maybe validated what I had been previously told. So I don't have a reputation here, so of course take it with a grain of salt. I usually side with "bullshit" when it comes to rumors, but it's fun to see when they seem to be coming to fruition. I'm sure we'll know more in 30 hours.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT