ADVERTISEMENT

UCF players to NU

tdkkc

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2017
Certainly no dis respect to UCF, and I'm not overly familiar with the un written rules of integrity, but is it out of the question to think a guy like Milton (among others) would be allowed and want to come to NU?

I understand asking him at the press conference was wrong, but is that just a no no?

Vedral can because of his circumstances as a legacy?

I just want to know what is generally acceptable.

Thanks for any input.

UCF.... sorry

Up by the title of this page, towards the right side (just left of the red button to "Post New Thread") there should be a picture of a wrench where you can edit the title.

On a mobile device, it is located directly under the title.

Reactions: tdkkc
Up to the players themselves.

If they want to follow Frost, he would probably give them the T.O. speech that T.O. gave Frost before he left Stanford.

Graduate transfers or freshmen.

Or Alex Harris? A walk on from Kearney NE? A family friend of Monte Christo. Does he become a walk on at NU? Surely that is acceptable right?

Reactions: elvis1403
Certainly no dis respect to UCF, and I'm not overly familiar with the un written rules of integrity, but is it out of the question to think a guy like Milton (among others) would be allowed and want to come to NU?

I understand asking him at the press conference was wrong, but is that just a no no?

Thanks for any input.
I am hoping that ALL of the players stay at UCF.

Reactions: GOBLUEDAVID

Thanks for any input.
I am hoping that ALL of the players stay at UCF.

After watching the Peach Bowl, I was hoping ALL the players would come!

I kid! (kind of)

After watching the Peach Bowl, I was hoping ALL the players would come!

I kid! (kind of)

Might create too much competition for the existing players. Then again that might create a flood of transfers from the program to FCS programs. I don't think the existing roster has the heart it takes to compete on a high level.

If it were in the betting column I would put money on Vedral coming home for sure!
Maybe. There's definitely a connection to Frost but would you want to sit a year? Orlando can be a fun place to be and he likely has tons of friends there. I'm not sure why anybody thinks many IF any of those kids would want to leave UCF after just being a part of a perfect season there with those teammates.

I'm hoping Jordan Akins (TE, #88) is unaware that there's a National Football League and will come to NU as a graduate transfer.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If we land another high school QB like Joiner or Tago, we won't need Vedral. He is a Milton injury away from being the starter there, whereas he'd have to sit out a year here and then could be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart after that.

If we land another high school QB like Joiner or Tago, we won't need Vedral. He is a Milton injury away from being the starter there, whereas he'd have to sit out a year here and then could be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart after that.
Is Tago being recruited to play QB or LB?

I think its bad form to try to pull active players from your old school (Vince Marrow). Go after HS recruits that were on the UCF radar but leave their roster alone.
Grad transfers should be fair game though, since they're done playing for UCF anyway. I was kidding about Akins because I think he's probably going to get drafted, but there might be some other UCF senior who wants to play another year for Frost.

Grad transfers should be fair game though, since they're done playing for UCF anyway. I was kidding about Akins because I think he's probably going to get drafted, but there might be some other UCF senior who wants to play another year for Frost.
I agree, if a player makes his intentions to transfer (grad or not), they're fair game. But I don't think outgoing coaches should be campaigning their current players to transfer to the coaches' new school.

Nope! He likes Orlando and I seriously doubt he would leave his girlfriend.

All signs a week ago pointed to him transferring to Nebraska.

How's he compare to LaTravis Washington?

IMO, LTW > Tago. For some reason, and it could be tired eyes from eating Netties for lunch, but Tago looks slow at QB in his Hudl film. He lacks that explosive step and speed that is obvious with other QB's.

Reactions: saluno22
Tago: Sounds like QB. Verduzco has been recruiting him. He could always move to LB if QB doesn't work out. He looks pretty good on both sides of the ball on film. Big, strong, and athletic.

Tago compared to the other kids on the field:

andre-the-giant-next-to-a-boxer.jpg

giphy.gif

IMO, LTW > Tago. For some reason, and it could be tired eyes from eating Netties for lunch, but Tago looks slow at QB in his Hudl film. He lacks that explosive step and speed that is obvious with other QB's.

Agree. IMO, he really doesn't look like the QB we want for this offense. On film, he definitely appears to lack the quickness/speed.

Neb might get one but I doubt Frost takes players away from UCF, I just don't see him doing that. JM

Don't see that happening. UCF players are a tight group and Scott Frost really does like UCF and Orlando. I would have been worried if I saw 4 chartered buses at the Peach Bowl with Nebraska plates. You had your chance. lol

All signs a week ago pointed to him transferring to Nebraska.
Just passing along what I was told. I could most definitely be wrong but we will know within a week. If he’s coming to Lincoln, you would think he’d wanna be there for spring ball. Spring semester begins January 8th.

Edited. Vedral has his won thread now. Probably better to discuss it there.

Last edited:
I don't expect any more transfers - Vedral may have to walk on (UCF is blocking any transfers with their own conference or to Nebraska...thanks Danny White). You can walk on to get around UCF not releasing Vedral but still have to sit out a year as a transfer.

I don't expect any more transfers - Vedral may have to walk on (UCF is blocking any transfers with their own conference or to Nebraska...thanks Danny White). You can walk on to get around UCF not releasing Vedral but still have to sit out a year as a transfer.

Probably right, but they can't block grad transfers, if there are any of those out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT