-not predictable
-Tight end play

Defense

-Agressive
-Quick
-Good athletes
-Swarm to the ball
-Rush passer
Agreed on all points except aggessive defense. They just gave up yet another TD.

No way. UCF plays fast, aggressive and confident. Diaco had our defense on their heels and worried about giving up big plays.
This looks very similar. D backs on their heels a lot.

Considering there are maybe 1 or 2 offenses like Memphis in the B1G, I think I'll wait until I see his defense against the traditional B1G offenses.

Reactions: scarletred
Considering there are maybe 1 or 2 offenses like Memphis in the B1G, I think I'll wait until I see his defense against the traditional B1G offenses.

What? Are you saying that their only weakness is against teams that run a similar O but the Wisconsin's won't be as tough? Serious?

Great defense is predicated on getting pressure from 4.

Tom Brady's best team (offense) couldn't beat The G Men when they destroyed his line of scrimmage with 4 down.

If you can't do that against potent, fast offenses loaded with talent, well, it's gonna be a shoot out.

I posted this on another thread but I'll put it here too.

Memphis is the #2 scoring offense in the country.

Memphis averages 40+ points a game and has put up 50+ 4 times and scored 70 twice.

Only one team has held Memphis under 30 points this entire season. That team was this UCF team, whom beat Memphis 40-13 about a month ago.

This is a rematch game against a team they blew out earlier in the year and their coach is leaving after the game.

The fact that this doesn't look like the 2012 B10 title game is actually impressive in a way.

We will find out if he's good or not but this game is hardly a good litmus test.

The difference in this game has been the turnovers that have led to points for Memphis. If UCF can clean that up they should win.

The difference in this game has been the turnovers that have led to points for Memphis. If UCF can clean that up they should win.

What? Are you saying that their only weakness is against teams that run a similar O but the Wisconsin's won't be as tough? Serious?

Yeah, I bet they would be playing the exact same defense against Wisconsin as they are against an uptempo RPO like the Memphis offense. Good Lord.. Is it too much to ask people to use a little common sense?

Yeah, I bet they would be playing the exact same defense against Wisconsin as they are against an uptempo RPO like the Memphis offense. Good Lord.. Is it too much to ask people to use a little common sense?

Ah, you gave the D a pass on the spread Of and a wait and see with other teams. I was the one using the proverbial common sense by questioning your stupid statement. Do you really think this D would stand up to Wisconsin, OSU, MSU, et all? No way.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Ah, you gave the D a pass on the spread Of and a wait and see with other teams. I was the one using the proverbial common sense by questioning your stupid statement. Do you really think this D would stand up to Wisconsin, OSU, MSU, et all? No way.

You still don't understand. Not a surprise. Honestly, use your head. If they were playing Wisconsin, their OLBs would be up on the line almost every play, instead of having a 3-man front much of the time. Understand now?

And we have completely different personnel than UCF. There is absolutely no way you can determine how Chinander's defense would do against Wisconsin by watching UCF play against the Memphis offense. None!! You used no common sense whatsoever in your post.

Reactions: headcard
No way. UCF plays fast, aggressive and confident. Diaco had our defense on their heels and worried about giving up big plays.
Yeah. They over-pursue at times. We play 60 yards off the receivers and blitz about 3 seconds too late. Diaco can lick my balls.

You still don't understand. Not a surprise. Honestly, use your head. If they were playing Wisconsin, their OLBs would be up on the line almost every play, instead of having a 3-man front much of the time. Understand now?

And we have completely different personnel than UCF. There is absolutely no way you can determine how Chinander's defense would do against Wisconsin by watching UCF play against the Memphis offense. None!! You used no common sense whatsoever in your post.

I guess I am an idiot, you are right. After coaching some kids on basic fundamentals like blocking and tackling, I am clueless. I am sure you are 100% correct and the UCF D would be totally different based on another team. All the fundamentals would be different and they would be much faster and in better position to make plays. I give you the credit for pointing out how stupid I am for not understanding that all it would take is a small adjustment for an American Conference team to play toe to toe with the elite of the B1G. What the heck was I thinking?

Last edited:
I guess I am an idiot, you are right. After coaching some kids on basic fundamentals like blocking and tackling, I am clueless. I am sure you are 100% correct and the UCF D would be totally different based on another team. All the fundamentals would be different and they would be much faster and in better position to make plays. I give you the credit for pointing out how stupid I am for not understanding that all it would take is a small adjustment for an American Conference team to play toe to toe with the elite of the B1G. What the heck was I thinking?
You are making yourself sound more stupid the more you talk. Silence

You are trying to extrapolate how Nebraska would play...with completely different personnel...against Wisconsin...based on a wide open game between UCF and Memphis??That makes no sense. His philosophy would be completely different than what you saw today.

It's really difficult to estimate anything based on what we saw today. Even the fact that UCF is ranked 33rd in scoring defense vs Nebraska being ranked 116th can't be given too much thought. What you are doing is essentially already calling our new head coach an idiot, because he has chosen Chinander as his DC. How about we trust Frost's choices instead of already crucifying him the day he is officially announced as our new head coach? He is a very bright coach. Let's give him some credit here.

Reactions: huskerdrag

Nine months before the first game and Frost is already being booed . . . o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT