ADVERTISEMENT

UCF coach announced at 11AM

inWV

Assistant Head Coach
Sep 22, 2007
Assume that is 10AM CST. Sumlin is no longer on the radar it appears. Signs seem to be pointing to Walters. If so, does Frost bring in Lubick?

Reactions: headcard
Assume that is 10AM CST. Sumlin is no longer on the radar it appears. Signs seem to be pointing to Walters. If so, does Frost bring in Lubick?
I hope so. Knows Frost's system, good WR coach, good recruiter.

I wonder what this means for troy Walters? Looks like he was passed over at Rice too:

Interesting. Why would Frost be involved now? It's Josh's show.

I wonder too. Wouldn't it awkward? I don't know
Their fans don't want him and players don't want him. (At least according to their Msg board) They now have a new coach. Yes would think it would be very weird for everyone. My guess is Frost was running on pure emotion and guilt when he said he would coach them. Now that they have a coach and things have cooled off. My guess is he doesn't.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
DC Randy Shannon son is on our team and he can coach lights out and is one of the best recruiters in the state of Florida. This hire was out in left field much like Scott Frost. Danny White our AD is a ninja and nothing was leaked about Josh. Impossible to learn new schemes in 3 weeks with the Christmas break. We will always be thankful for Scott Frost good luck with him you will certainly see a huge improvement in year 2 or 3.

Just saw this on Reddit. Hearing Randy Shannon as DC for them. Wonder what this does for HCSF plans to coach them in the bowl game.

DC Randy Shannon son is on our team and he can coach lights out and is one of the best recruiters in the state of Florida. This hire was out in left field much like Scott Frost. Danny White our AD is a ninja and nothing was leaked about Josh. Impossible to learn new schemes in 3 weeks with the Christmas break. We will always be thankful for Scott Frost good luck with him you will certainly see a huge improvement in year 2 or 3.
I wondered how the Shannon thing came about. Congrats on the new staff.

lulz at hiring Heupel. Shannon is a good DC hire for the commuter school.

UCF was a commuter school in the 90's. That is no longer the case with all of the on-campus dorms they have built. Much different place then when I went to school in the early to mid 90's. By the way that was a good game with Daunte against Frost in 1997. We played you better then most teams that year.

Sounds like a pretty solid hire and Shannon should be able to skim off plenty of Florida talent for them to stay competitive.

UCF was a commuter school in the 90's. That is no longer the case with all of the on-campus dorms they have built. Much different place then when I went to school in the early to mid 90's. By the way that was a good game with Daunte against Frost in 1997. We played you better then most teams that year.

It's still a commiter school and congrats on the loss.

Josh and his family grew up a block from me. His dad Ken and and I go back to our high school days. Phenomenal family! Josh would come into my dental office when he was playing QB at Oklahoma and I would give him a hard time about wearing Sooner gear in a Cornhusker office. He just smiled but his sister Andrea was the confrontational one! Congrats!

Reactions: dinglefritz
We (UCF) is good with the hire but STOKED about the Shannon hire. Chins was getting bad..really bad. We wanted him out regardless of Frost. So we are happy with a familiar name here in Florida and a guy that has a good recruiting background in the state.

Reactions: WHCSC

And thank god we played you when we did. TO took a few plays that Culpepper ran that day and used them the next week to help beat then #2 U-Dub on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT