ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson v Jones 9/12

I have no idea how Tyson wins this fight.

It seems people forget how bad he was when he retired.

Last time I spent money on Tyson I was in college and lost my PPV money! Decided to hit the head last second so I could settle into what was supposed to be a big fight... 10 seconds later all I hear while mid stream are my buddies screaming NO WAY! there went that hard earned money which was a lot for a college kid on a strict budget!

As an old person I would say his main loss through time would be quickness, recognition and the ability to absorb punishment. I hope he doesnt end up with an aneurysm.

Tim Conway used to do a skit called Rocky 87 or something like that. I thought it was humorous. I am easily entertained.

Just read the other parts of this thread. With headgear he will be okay. The heavier gloves will really tire him out though. Will this be a 7 round clinch?

Some of the stuff on twitter of Iron Mike working out and training is scary. Dude still looks the part, and probably is still in the top 15 - 20 heavy weights currently in the division.
I liked watching his training but Mike Tyson is probably not even be a top 100 heavyweight currently. It's a lot different hitting a heavy bag than hitting a 30 year old that is bigger, stronger and faster with a lot less wear and tear. Heavyweights now are 6'6" and weigh 260 lbs. A 21 year old Mike is one thing but at Mike's current age, good luck.

Reactions: kakdawg
Tyson's prime was unreal, but when he lost his trainer and let the fame and fortune change him, the decline was swift. He got taken apart and was never the same again. There are some good documentaries out there about how his boxing got sloppy and he was never the crisp fighter he was when he was young.

Lost his discipline, lost his belt, lost his mind, lost his money. The latter is the reason he'll be embarrassing himself on a regular basis until he dies, he still owes fortunes to creditors.

Tyson is 5'10" (if that), has a 71" reach, and could have fought at cruiserweight. That is why he would get dismantled by many of the top heavyweights of the last 20 years. It is also why his run was so impressive. He was a small heavyweight defying the odds.

Tyson is 5'10" (if that), has a 71" reach, and could have fought at cruiserweight. That is why he would get dismantled by many of the top heavyweights of the last 20 years. It is also why his run was so impressive. He was a small heavyweight defying the odds.

Every fight was the same...the other dude was always like "Well, I will keep him away with my jab and not let him get inside"

And it just never mattered. He was so fast and strong and his punches were so violent and he just never stopped.

His early fights, when he would knock someone out he would go over to the guy and help him up and shake his hand (glove).

Once Cus died, it was over for him. This was a kid that never had a dad and basically didn't have a mom. He was fighting in the streets to make some cash as a 12 year old...He never had anything and then he had the most important thing. He had Cus and his wife who basically become his mom and dad. Then it was all gone. In about a 10 year time period he went from having nothing, to having all he ever wanted and more, to losing the only people that ever really cared him.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I liked watching his training but Mike Tyson is probably not even be a top 100 heavyweight currently. It's a lot different hitting a heavy bag than hitting a 30 year old that is bigger, stronger and faster with a lot less wear and tear. Heavyweights now are 6'6" and weigh 260 lbs. A 21 year old Mike is one thing but at Mike's current age, good luck.

I understand what you are saying, but lets not forget that on this date last year (2019) this was your undisputed heavyweight champion.
782a3a60-8f15-11ea-ba7d-3a9d2d418d85

Andy Ruiz Jr.

Now I like Ruiz and he is quick and has some pop on his punches for a fat tub of goo, but this man held 3 heavyweight belts within the last year, and is currently the #4 or 5 heavy weight contender in the world.

Also this man is currently ranked #19 in the world boxing ranking
uy.png

Adam Kownacki, now this dude was undefeated until March when he got the hell kicked out of him Robert Helenius, a past his prime former European Champ.

Now I know hitting a heavy bag is different than boxing, but beyond the top 4 or 5 in the heavy weight division right now basically what you have is just heavy bags out there with gloves on.

Every fight was the same...the other dude was always like "Well, I will keep him away with my jab and not let him get inside"

And it just never mattered. He was so fast and strong and his punches were so violent and he just never stopped.

His early fights, when he would knock someone out he would go over to the guy and help him up and shake his hand (glove).

Once Cus died, it was over for him. This was a kid that never had a dad and basically didn't have a mom. He was fighting in the streets to make some cash as a 12 year old...He never had anything and then he had the most important thing. He had Cus and his wife who basically become his mom and dad. Then it was all gone. In about a 10 year time period he went from having nothing, to having all he ever wanted and more, to losing the only people that ever really cared him.

Go back and watch some of the fights again. You are forgetting how corrupt boxing was (and still is). No version of Mike is ever beating a guy like Lennox Lewis or Tyson Fury.

Go back and watch some of the fights again. You are forgetting how corrupt boxing was (and still is). No version of Mike is ever beating a guy like Lennox Lewis or Tyson Fury.

Man, really? I can't get on board with that take. But that is what makes it fun!

Reactions: ridge22
Watch Mike's corner during the douglas fight. It was like happy gilmore using the homeless guy to caddie.

Watch Mike's corner during the douglas fight. It was like happy gilmore using the homeless guy to caddie.
Ha...I know!

I mean, you know those dudes thought that fight was going to be over in 30 seconds...and when it wasn't...they were clueless.

Man, really? I can't get on board with that take. But that is what makes it fun!
Agreed. Tyson may not have been the best boxer ever but he was easily the scariest. Wilder was in that same category for a while. Guys that you just know if it was a legitimate fight outside the ring would probably kill someone.

dis like mayweather n mcgreagor. sorry but tyson beat da bricks off jones. who watching? tyson wins. bet

Ha...no shit.

Then you have this...what a freaking round. This was like a video game.

Those 2 just acted like they hate one another on a personal level. That was like Wilder in the beginning. His over the top roundhouse when he knew a guy was almost done looked like he wanted to break somebody's neck and spit on their dead body. Tyson was just borderline psychopathic. He wanted you to be afraid of him and most of the time, you were.

Roy better not get hit that's all I know. He's never been known as a guy with a chin lol. That said if he can stay away he will pick Tyson to pieces.

Holla
Roy picks tyson wit quickness. Tyson use one hit. knock out roy. tyson is da swagger

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT