ADVERTISEMENT

Tyson Terry-Omaha North

Husker223

Sep 4, 2018
I was super excited about this kid, he’s a omaha born/raised kid who’s a stud wrestler but then talking to people in the know they informed me that he’s a 17 year old high school FRESHMAN!!!!
A lot of kids graduate at 17.
is anyone else concerned on how old this kid is!?!?!?

Reactions: c_broadus
I was super excited about this kid, he’s a omaha born/raised kid who’s a stud wrestler but then talking to people in the know they informed me that he’s a 17 year old high school FRESHMAN!!!!
The best 5-Year Plan!
old-big.gif

What in the sam hell are you saying? The kid won heavyweight, as a freshman, he' 16 as a freshman, total hater bro

Even if it was true that he is old for his grade (which it isn’t), why would that even be a concern? He is dominating HS competition and projects to do the same in college weather he is 18, 20, 23 or whatever.

played against the iowa 100yd record holder at the time when i was in 8th grade. he drove his own car to the jr high football games and weighed around 180. you sure didnt want to let him turn the corner.
as long as they dont have gray hair seems ok

Reactions: OzzyLvr
My daughter is 17 and graduates high school a week before her 18th birthday in June, so 16 or 17 seems mighty old for a freshman, but he’s apparently quite an athlete regardless.

Lmao....17 is a big difference for a high school freshmen. Major advantage.

Red flag.

First, I don’t think it is true that he is 17. Also he is competing and dominating at the varsity level against Jr’s and Sr’s.

As for a red flag. It doesn’t seem to be a red flag for all the schools that have already offered him (Nebraska, ISU, Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas State, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: RaulJones
His family held him back a grade because of covid they wanted him to get a full 4 years of high school athletics. Story I’ve heard

Curious if anyone in the know has any update on this kid? Is he still projecting as a P5 football recruit or is his path going to be wrestling? He holds like 6 offers so far as a sophomore I believe. GBR!
Im good friends with the family. Wrestling will be done after high school. Kid's passion is football, and he 100% will be a power 5 kid. Has offers from Big 10, Big 12, SEC, as a Freshman. Hoping he stays home, but should have many good offers from around the US

First, I don’t think it is true that he is 17. Also he is competing and dominating at the varsity level against Jr’s and Sr’s.

As for a red flag. It doesn’t seem to be a red flag for all the schools that have already offered him (Nebraska, ISU, Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas State, etc).

I was 17 my entire senior year.

Perhaps he failed a couple of grades and had to be held back.

Reactions: RaulJones
In an on3 article from today, Terry says he has NEVER had a conversation with Frost, so Frost's dismissal will not negatively affect his recruitment.
That echoes all known and presumed stories surrounding local recruiting. Asleep at the wheel.
I found it pretty relevant MJ was found at a local HS game immediately following his interim appointment.

Nebraska head coach should know about and have had at least one conversation with every kid who as a freshman starts or plays significantly on any Class A varsity team before the end of the kid's freshman year (or appliable open period for talking to a HS kid). It doesn't take that much time to say keep up the good work and we will be keeping an eye on you. Doesn't mean you have to offer a scholarship later, but its a crime (figuratively speaking for those of you who read everything on a message board literally) if the first contact for any such kid is from someone outside Nebraska, absent some special circumstance like a kid of a legacy from another school.

Reactions: moralvictories
Nebraska head coach should know about and have had at least one conversation with every kid who as a freshman starts or plays significantly on any Class A varsity team before the end of the kid's freshman year (or appliable open period for talking to a HS kid). It doesn't take that much time to say keep up the good work and we will be keeping an eye on you. Doesn't mean you have to offer a scholarship later, but its a crime (figuratively speaking for those of you who read everything on a message board literally) if the first contact for any such kid is from someone outside Nebraska, absent some special circumstance like a kid of a legacy from another school.

Exactly right. Ruud as the instate guy should probably make first contact and then be handing the phone off for a quick few minutes with the head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT