ADVERTISEMENT

Tyreke is N

Trading Alston for a 5 star seems like a win.

Adding a high level athlete and getting DB numbers back up to 8 scholarship players is huge for depth and competition this year and for continuity on Defense next year when Stille, Domman and CTB move on to NFL but basically everyone else on two deep will be back. This is another step in ensuring quality athletes will be on the field at all positions over the next two years when games are on the line.

Coaches will really have no one but themselves to blame if they don't win in 2021-2022. I took a little longer than we would like but this roster has more recruited talent in the two deep than any Big Ten West school and almost all of the kids that matter are in at least second if not 3-4th year in program.

Hopefully the staff can get this thing done and we don't have to see what a fired coaching change looks like for a Midwest school in the college free agency era.

He was the #1 ranked Safety in his class, and nearly all of his HS film showed him making plays from a Strong Side Safety position.

He reminds me a lot of Lamar Jackson, who also needed about 3 years to effectively make the transition to a Corner.

a619b2f38935191cac9b9c09763f5ff2.gif

Reactions: NYC-Husker
He was the #1 ranked Safety in his class, and nearly all of his HS film showed him making plays from a Strong Side Safety position.

He reminds me a lot of Lamar Jackson, who also needed about 3 years to effectively make the transition to a Corner.

How does he remind you of Lamar Jackson? Just watched his HUDL film and he looks nothing like Lamar. Actually hits people and takes picks back for TDs.

How does he remind you of Lamar Jackson? Just watched his HUDL film and he looks nothing like Lamar. Actually hits people and takes picks back for TDs.

I was referring to a similar situation where he never really ever played Cornerback before college. If Lamar Jackson goes to Ohio State out of college, he would've never seen the field either for 3 or 4 years while trying to transition to CB.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I was referring to a similar situation where he never really ever played Cornerback before college. If Lamar Jackson goes to Ohio State out of college, he would've never seen the field either for 3 or 4 years while trying to transition to CB.

Gotcha. Do we know for sure he's going to CB? He looks more like a safety in the limited clips I've seen. Kinda stiff in the hips but has no problem coming up to hit. We lose both safeties and Cam next year so maybe it's fluid.

Gotcha. Do we know for sure he's going to CB? He looks more like a safety in the limited clips I've seen. Kinda stiff in the hips but has no problem coming up to hit. We lose both safeties and Cam next year so maybe it's fluid.

I hope Nebraska doesn't make that same mistake.

Reactions: TheBeav815
It was evident in spring ball that OSU coaches preferred some of the younger players over Tyreke.. I believe 4 out of the 5 DBs in the '21 class were early enrollees. I really think Tyreke's best position is safety. I wish him the best at Nebraska.

This is huge for 2022. It’d be great if he were a factor this year, but it really sets up a potentially much smoother transition if we lose Williams, Dismuke and Taylor-Britt with already having lost the group of Florida DB quitters.

Last edited:

Hopefully he is more physical and tackles better than Lamar.

Stack talent every way possible, could not be a lower risk transaction. If he hits that’s awesome, if he doesn’t it really doesn’t hurt us. I’d like to think he’ll thrive but honestly this is a zero risk move. I love this and hope we pursue these kinds of transfers every single year.

Stack talent every way possible, could not be a lower risk transaction. If he hits that’s awesome, if he doesn’t it really doesn’t hurt us. I’d like to think he’ll thrive but honestly this is a zero risk move. I love this and hope we pursue these kinds of transfers every single year.
Anything that occupies a scholarship isn't quite zero risk but I agree that I like the move. We've seen with Omar Manning how the rating draws the scrutiny if he's not making an impact right away. People want to know why you can't get a guy with that kind of hype on the field and that can be distracting.

If nothing else, NU has played the portal market pretty well and brought in guys who should see playing time. This reminds me a little bit of the Bears nabbing Eddie Jackson in the late rounds coming off a broken leg. I kinda hated it at the time, but now he's one of the best safeties in the NFL.

Letting a few guys who are buried move on and getting a 5* talent is for sure an upgrade. I dare say NU is starting to get back to a place where you don't feel like the talent level is equal with Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, etc. Wish it happened sooner, but better late than never.

Welcome aboard, hope it is a productive relationship for both sides!

I don't think he transfers to Nebraska unless he believes that he can start next year. I think he stays at corner and is gunning for Newsome's starting spot. Former five stars don't transfer to ride the bench.
As per Fisher, Nobody is guaranteed reps as they have to be earned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT