ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Miles product

RedSea

Recruiting Coordinator
Jun 18, 2001
not wasting much of my time on that chaotic garbage this year.

We will win a lot of games....at home. Going to be tough to win on the road if we continue to settle for outside jumpers 50% of the time. Points in the paint tells the whole story tonight.

Reactions: Bremser and newAD
Looks like 0-1 against teams with a pulse this year.

This team continues to be bad from 3 point range. As I type this, 5-20 tonight.

I worked the Creighton-Ohio State game. Ohio State shot 47% from 3 and the game was up for grabs until under 2 minutes left. CU shot 36% and it seemed worse than that. I was pretty confident that Miles would finally break through against CU this year, but as more games are played my confidence level has dropped.

Will be interesting to see what Moos wants to do with him, he obviously wasn't sold on Miles, with only a one year extension.
I think it’s safe to say Miles is gone if he falters this year. It would be ludicrous to keep him if he doesn’t dance with this roster.

Next year will be rebuilding mode regardless who the coach is.

I'll agree that Miles ain't the best coach. But I'm not quite ready to quit on this team based on one game. Let's face it, this season is the best chance we might have for awhile to do something. There are good players on this team.

We will win a lot of games....at home. Going to be tough to win on the road if we continue to settle for outside jumpers 50% of the time. Points in the paint tells the whole story tonight.

I was a little irritated in the 1st half, when Nebraska had 2 offensive rebounds in a possession and took three 3s, all missed.

Reactions: ZaneHickey
I think it’s safe to say Miles is gone if he falters this year. It would be ludicrous to keep him if he doesn’t dance with this roster.

Next year will be rebuilding mode regardless who the coach is.

I could see him leaving if he does make the dance. There’s plenty of schools easier to win at than here.

Hate to say it but looks like the same old same old. Very disappointed. Getting smoked by al ower tier big 12 team

Reactions: Huskred01
Holy hell....are we really talking about firing Miles right now??

With how Moos handled Miles job status at the end of the season last year, what makes you think he wasn’t on the hot seat before the season started?

Based on what I saw tonight, this team sucks! Horrible, watched Seton hall game thought ok, maybe, but no. Same shit

Obviously, but this one loss doesn’t mean this team isn’t going to have a good year...
Oh I agree. This team is dangerous. But like I said...it’s going to be tough to win outside of Lincoln if all of a sudden we want to live and die by the three.

Games likes this is what kept ya from dancing last year. Just a wasted opportunity. The good news is the Big Ten is much better this year.

This was close to a home game for us, given the composition of the crowd, and we got thumped by 18.

I'm not ready to fire Miles based on one loss....but if we underperform this season, and Fred Hoiberg and/or Billy Donovan get fired this year, I would make them huge offers.

Nate Oats at Buffalo is another guy that will be a star in the coaching business soon. Has Midwestern roots. I'd hire him in a heartbeat if he was interested, before another Big Ten team like Wisconsin or Minnesota hires him.

Typical Miles clunker. Had a chance to go put and make a statement against another P5 program who had a good year last year and we go out and lay an egg. Gotta start winning games like this if we want people to take us seriously. The game against Clemson became even more important.

I was a little irritated in the 1st half, when Nebraska had 2 offensive rebounds in a possession and took three 3s, all missed.
Agreed but at the time Nebraska was up by nearly double digits and looking to open it up on tech.

My worries going into this year were very simple. We have no true post player, and no depth behind our starting 5. Both of those showed tonight. Nebraska was out rebounded, outscored in the paint, and got maybe 8-10 points from the bench? (Guessing on that one). There is no reason to panic yet as there is a lot of talent on this team and experience from last year. But I also think the B1G will be much better top to bottom and we will need to improve quickly if we want to finish in the top 4 this year.... it can be done but there will need to be some leadership from these returners and a more functional offense.

My worries going into this year were very simple. We have no true post player, and no depth behind our starting 5. Both of those showed tonight. Nebraska was out rebounded, outscored in the paint, and got maybe 8-10 points from the bench? (Guessing on that one). There is no reason to panic yet as there is a lot of talent on this team and experience from last year. But I also think the B1G will be much better top to bottom and we will need to improve quickly if we want to finish in the top 4 this year.... it can be done but there will need to be some leadership from these returners and a more functional offense.
Nebraska got 3 points from the bench tonight. 2 from Akenton and 1 from Borchardt.

Some of these people have been silently waiting for this loss so they can call for his job again. You know it’s basketball, right? Every team loses in basketball.

Let’s try and cheer for a successful year and wait for our judgment until the year is over.

There is no personal vendetta against Miles. It has everything to do with our inability to beat quality teams.

We have the talent to win a lot of games this year. Miles needs to get it done.

Some of these people have been silently waiting for this loss so they can call for his job again. You know it’s basketball, right? Every team loses in basketball.

Let’s try and cheer for a successful year and wait for our judgment until the year is over.

You can’t accuse fans of calling for his job and forget that the AD through his words and actions expects results this year.

I think we Husker fans are guilty of not paying attention to basketball. Texas Tech was an Elite 8 team last year, and their coach was the Big 12 COY.

I think we Husker fans are guilty of not paying attention to basketball. Texas Tech was an Elite 8 team last year, and their coach was the Big 12 COY.
This is not the same Texas Tech team.... #13 Mooney is a transfer, #11 Owens is a transfer, #23 Culvet is a Sophomore. They lost almost everyone from the Elite eight team of last year.... I’m not ready to fire miles yet I’m just stating that this is a much different team than last years tech team. Who knows how tech ends up but I doubt it’s elite eight material

Reactions: huskerfan66
I don’t remember them being an Elite 8 team.

Who’d they beat & lose to in the tourney? Too lazy to look it up.

ADVERTISEMENT