ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Shough to

Disappointing that Frost has no idea what he has in the QB room behind AM. You mean to tell me you haven't evalauted the talent beyond LM and AM when they both have struggled ? What does that mean for kids sitting down the depth chart, you could have nothing or Hiesman caliber talent riding the pine.

Our QB development has been poor to say the least, but honestly how could they really know what they have behind AM? HH is a true a freshman that played against class C competition in Nebraska and LS was coming off injuries and didn’t take a live snap last year. To me that is all the reason you should need to go get another QB, but they want to see more I guess.

Reactions: WHCSC
AM is a better QB that Luke right now. Luke is a better Athlete. Frost probably decided to go back to AM because he wasnt gaining anything with Luke (they both were a new level of shitty), and was actually losing a weapon. Luke can play other positions (and should), but AM cant.

I think the biggest failure is our QB coaching. I dont think we have the tools in the shed to improve a QB.
I think Frost went back to AM because he sees himself in him and treats him like his son.

not everyone is like AM, never taking a single step forward in his development despite being handed a golden opportunity year after year.

LM deserved more time. I don't blame him for leaving at all, and hope he does well at QB at L'ville. AM undoubtedly will suck once more for us this year because he is at his ceiling.

Last edited:
Our QB development has been poor to say the least, but honestly how could they really know what they have behind AM? HH is a true a freshman that played against class C competition in Nebraska and LS was coming off injuries and didn’t take a live snap last year. To me that is all the reason you should need to go get another QB, but they want to see more I guess.
they could know because they scouted, recruited and coached the kids behind him? maybe?

I think Frost went back to AM because he sees himself in him and treats him like his son.

not everyone is like AM, never taking a single step forward in his development despite being handed a golden opportunity year after year.

LM deserved more time. I don't blame him for leaving at all, and hope he does well at QB at L'ville. AM undoubtedly will suck once more for us this year because he is at his ceiling.

LM could have earned more time and instead he took his ball and went home. You don’t blame him? I 100% blame him. He got a chance to play and was brutal. Instead of getting better and earning it back, he left. Why do you pity this kid so much? He wasn’t wronged, he got a shot and he was bad and chose to quit instead of improve and compete.

LM could have earned more time and instead he took his ball and went home. You don’t blame him? I 100% blame him. He got a chance to play and was brutal. Instead of getting better and earning it back, he left. Why do you pity this kid so much? He wasn’t wronged, he got a shot and he was bad and chose to quit instead of improve and compete.
he was benched after 1 bad game after watching the starter perform miserably for 20+. he was the QB for one of the best wins we've had in 3 years and then 2 weeks later told the guy who can't even win 40% of his games gave the team a better chance

he wasn't afforded even 5% the leash AM has been

to continually pound the drum of fair competition takes a certain special breed of naiveté. there is no competing when the coach sees himself in and constantly 'feels' for the person you're supposed to be competing with.

I think he will get markedly better. just not here. instead, we will be treated to more of the same with the shittiest quarterback (and coach) in Husker history.

Agreed, But other programs start true Freshman . You would have thought summers would have seen a few snaps

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Agreed, But other programs start true Freshman . You would have thought summers would have seen a few snaps
he didn't even practice last season, much less push for snaps

at this rate, it'll be 2030 before we go to a bowl game

True. We started AM as a freshman, they also started Milton as a Freshman. We need to get good QB play somewhere, I think a guy like Shough (who is now off the board) is a safer bet than a true freshman though.

Reactions: bshirt73
he didn't even practice last season, much less push for snaps

at this rate, it'll be 2030 before we go to a bowl game
That’s the first I heard he had not taken any snaps . If that’s true , and I’m not doubting you, then the remaining Qb’s should be a known entity. Qb’s make or break a team, look at Brady for example.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
That’s the first I heard he had not taken any snaps . If that’s true , and I’m not doubting you, then the remaining Qb’s should be a known entity. Qb’s make or break a team, look at Brady for example.
I don't think he took any contact in practice all season.

agreed, you're only as good as your QB in the vast majority of circumstances.

Disappointing that Frost has no idea what he has in the QB room behind AM. You mean to tell me you haven't evalauted the talent beyond LM and AM when they both have struggled ? What does that mean for kids sitting down the depth chart, you could have nothing or Hiesman caliber talent riding the pine.
Smothers has been limited in practice and it's pretty damned hard to evaluate a kid in a green jersey at half speed. Other than that he had Luke. I'm pretty sure that Frost wasn't planning on playing the true freshman walk on who travelled to Rutgers when the season started.

So Shough leaves Oregon to go to Texas Tech and Tech’s portal transfer Alan Bowman leaves the redraiders and transfers to Michigan..

Neither one was good enough where they were..

Agreed. While I admit Adrian still has potential, the body of evidence is not trending favorably on this one.

Well, maybe not sir.

For his 1st two years here he had an OLine that couldn't run "or" pass block. Even worse, with hikes flying all over the place. I doubt there's very many cfb qbs who would have great success with that scenario.

If that isn't enough for other reasons why we lose so often having an incredibly horrible special teams doesn't help a big bunch either is my guess.

Yes, he hasn't look good the last two years but next year "should" show a better OLine and an annually improving defense. If by some miracle our special teams might improve somewhat.....well, my guess is his play should be far, far easier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT