ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Shough to

our history with 4-star QBs is.... less than stellar
That is true with multiple blue bloods. Remember, its a big step from high school to D1 and only ONE can start at a time.
Its just not that easy landing the next dual threat QB who has it all. Very few out there.
Just have to be positive and hope eventually we get that QB.

Reactions: bshirt73
That is true with multiple blue bloods. Remember, its a big step from high school to D1 and only ONE can start at a time.
Its just not that easy landing the next dual threat QB who has it all. Very few out there.
Just have to be positive and hope eventually we get that QB.
hope in one hand, sh*t in the other.......

That's you being negative and yes! Running scared again. I don't think you ever stopped running lol
and this is you being hopelessly clueless again.

'wish and hope for the best' isn't running from anything while 'deal with reality on reality's terms' is running scared.

I hope you never procreate.

Guess I’ll believe it when I see it. Have there even been any rumblings?
Frost has publicly stated that he won't pursue other QBs until after spring football. He said he wants to see these guys get the reps to see what they have behind Adrian. Obviously he already knows what he has with Adrian but Smothers got very few reps with the top units and I don't think he was cleared for contact this past fall.

Frost has publicly stated that he won't pursue other QBs until after spring football. He said he wants to see these guys get the reps to see what they have behind Adrian. Obviously he already knows what he has with Adrian but Smothers got very few reps with the top units and I don't think he was cleared for contact this past fall.
gross.

also, I thought you said Luke leaving had a little to do with seeing Smothers in practice?

AM's departure cannot come soon enough. perhaps Frost will be a LOT less emotionally involved in his players moving forward.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
gross.

also, I thought you said Luke leaving had a little to do with seeing Smothers in practice?

AM's departure cannot come soon enough. perhaps Frost will be a LOT less emotionally involved in his players moving forward.
Wasn't cleared for contact doesn't mean didn't practice. I've heard he looks as fast as Luke and is a better passer. We'll get to see hopefully in the spring scrimmage. I don't get you losing your sh$$ over Luke. I surely would have wanted him to stay but other than him being really fast, I didn't see much that said QB of the future.

Wasn't cleared for contact doesn't mean didn't practice. I've heard he looks as fast as Luke and is a better passer. We'll get to see hopefully in the spring scrimmage. I don't get you losing your sh$$ over Luke. I surely would have wanted him to stay but other than him being really fast, I didn't see much that said QB of the future.
I am much more losing my sh*t over having to endure at least 1 more AM season.

I really don't care who replaces him, as it's nearly impossible to be worse over the same body of work he's had.

I am much more losing my sh*t over having to endure at least 1 more AM season.

I really don't care who replaces him, as it's nearly impossible to be worse over the same body of work he's had.
I didn't think it could be worse either until I saw the first play of the Illinois game.....and another redzone interception. As I've posted many times, there was a chance he could have gotten better but there was no way he was a better option than Adrian this last year. We HAVE to get the QB position right going forward when we recruit QBs. We're no different than anybody else in that regard.

My suspicion is that Frost was enamored with Luke's athleticism and figured if he didn't work out at QB we could use that at WR. The problem is that he should have taken another QB in that case. Vedral leaving I'm sure was a shocker to Frost. We don't have remotely close to enough options at QB right now. People joked about Oregon have 5 scholarship QBs on their roster a few years back. IMO, IF you can get that many to show up for spring football, that might not be a bad plan. IF you throw enough crap at the wall something has to stick.

I didn't think it could be worse either until I saw the first play of the Illinois game.....and another redzone interception. As I've posted many times, there was a chance he could have gotten better but there was no way he was a better option than Adrian this last year. We HAVE to get the QB position right going forward when we recruit QBs. We're no different than anybody else in that regard.

My suspicion is that Frost was enamored with Luke's athleticism and figured if he didn't work out at QB we could use that at WR. The problem is that he should have taken another QB in that case. Vedral leaving I'm sure was a shocker to Frost. We don't have remotely close to enough options at QB right now. People joked about Oregon have 5 scholarship QBs on their roster a few years back. IMO, IF you can get that many to show up for spring football, that might not be a bad plan. IF you throw enough crap at the wall something has to stick.
when you tell the public you see yourself in a kid more than a dozen times, it becomes difficult to think you're getting a fair shake while watching that same kid flounder hopelessly on Saturday after Saturday with little repercussion.

Luke was, without question, a better option than AM last season. he won a higher percentage of games started. who cares if he can't pass? AM can't pass, either.

for some reason, Frost and fans think it's okay to play AM 20+ games while he spirals himself and our team into putridity yet make concrete judgements on Luke's ability after 2 starts, one of which resulted in our best win in years.

it makes no sense to me. Stockholm Syndrome is real.

when you tell the public you see yourself in a kid more than a dozen times, it becomes difficult to think you're getting a fair shake while watching that same kid flounder hopelessly on Saturday after Saturday with little repercussion.

Luke was, without question, a better option than AM last season. he won a higher percentage of games started. who cares if he can't pass? AM can't pass, either.

for some reason, Frost and fans think it's okay to play AM 20+ games while he spirals himself and our team into putridity yet make concrete judgements on Luke's ability after 2 starts, one of which resulted in our best win in years.

I saw nothing from Luke when he played that would make me think he was a better option than Adrian. I'm not sure what you watched. I understand the concept of giving a guy more time to get used to the speed of the game and I've posted many times that Luke's only having played his senior year at QB in high school left the topside open for him to get better. That said, as far as winning games last year goes, I think Adrian was our best option. It is also true though that there were suggestions by radio commentators that Luke was limited by an injury and was only available for emergency use after his last start. Who knows.

I saw nothing from Luke when he played that would make me think he was a better option than Adrian. I'm not sure what you watched. I understand the concept of giving a guy more time to get used to the speed of the game and I've posted many times that Luke's only having played his senior year at QB in high school left the topside open for him to get better. That said, as far as winning games last year goes, I think Adrian was our best option. It is also true though that there were suggestions by radio commentators that Luke was limited by an injury and was only available for emergency use after his last start. Who knows.
Good thing we have an actual, quantifiable way to see which gave us a better chance to win.

Luke won games at a higher percentage last year than Adrian did. Therefore, he was our best chance to win. That fact is not debatable.

Every opponent we played hoped Adrian would start against them. There is an obvious reason for this.

Good thing we have an actual, quantifiable way to see which gave us a better chance to win.

Luke won games at a higher percentage last year than Adrian did. Therefore, he was our best chance to win. That fact is not debatable.

Every opponent we played hoped Adrian would start against them. There is an obvious reason for this.
We lost to Illinois with Luke starting. Remind me again how many turnovers he had in that game.

We lost to Illinois with Luke starting. Remind me again how many turnovers he had in that game.
the same amount AM had in the first half vs rutgers (4).

if one bad loss means your career is over or you're not a QB, AM should've had his bags packed years ago.

there is a clear double standard here, and I believe that is why Luke left.

That is possible.
Slap a guarantee on it. They don't have enough scholarship dudes in the QB room right now. You can't be forever in a cycle of "Problematic starting QB who is younger than you'd like, his backup quit the team, and the #3 guy is a true freshman."

They probably liked maybe a couple guys who were out there this cycle but there wasn't mutual interest. So they wanna see who hits the portal after spring ball, who jumps up from FCS, and who emerges from JUCO.

Knowing NU we'll get a commitment from a JUCO and then wait until September to hear if he actually makes grades.

They're making progress toward their goal of getting older at every position except QB and maybe WR.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
I definitely get the reasoning of getting the guy in before spring ball but I'm good waiting until after the FCS and JUCO seasons to see what kind of qb's are available. Spring will be good to Smothers more reps and see what he's got, but Haarberg is a ways away and he's even mentioned that before, Martinez is a walking turnover and that's what I think he will always be. The Rutgers game was a perfect microcosm of his career.

Smothers could be great but I don't think he'd be ready to take over a team this upcoming season at any point so I really hope the coaching staff understands the importance of bringing a guy to push the current qb's and who would be ready to play at any given notice.

I find this a fascinating scenario. If Frost was neutral or undecided..would you trust your QB coach more or the OC?
I guess I would go with the QB coach's opinion but in this case
I think waiting until after spring ball is a measured decision, like a check in poker. They still have the opportunity to get someone, but they want to see more cards.
Frost is neither neutral nor undecided.. it's a big part of the problem that affects the offense.

Disagree, of the two Martinez is a much better passer than Luke McC..

The problem with both was decision making, which 2AM has to do better entering his 4th season as a Junior..

Defense stepped up at the end of the game other wise Luke didn’t do anything to win that game in the 4th Q..
defense also gave up 300 yards rushing to ILL and got zero stops

goes both ways

AM has made, what, 1 game winning drive in his career? both his losses to CU were worse than the ILL loss last season.

if the defense played like they did vs ILL @ rutgers, we lose that game, too

goes both ways

AM has made, what, 1 game winning drive in his career? both his losses to CU were worse than the ILL loss last season.

Just put me down for a like, here on out. lol..

why can't these guys understand?

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo

goes both ways

By the way the 2018 Michigan State game was the best win in the Frost era which is sad winning 9-6...

Sparty was 7-6 losing their bowl game to a good Oregon team 7-6..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
By the way the 2018 Michigan State game was the best win in the Frost era which is sad winning 9-6...

Sparty was 7-6 losing their bowl game to a good Oregon team 7-6..
yes, AM's best win came in a game where we did not score a touchdown, despite starting at least one drive inside the opponent's 20 courtesy of JoJo.

yes, AM's best win came in a game where we did not score a touchdown, despite starting at least one drive inside the opponent's 20 courtesy of JoJo.

No I posted Frost best win not Adrain‘s best win.. You mentioned Luke gave Frost his best win to a losing team..

No I posted Frost best win not Adrain‘s best win.. You mentioned Luke gave Frost his best win to a losing team..
is msu not AM's best win? if not, do tell. I'm not sure he's ever beaten another team that finished the season above .500.

beating any penn st team is better than beating a just over .500 MSU team, in my opinion.

we can't hold Luke not doing anything to win in the 4th quarter vs psu against him if we also turn a blind eye to the fact AM has lost, what, more than a dozen games, many by 1 possession, and has but one single time led the team to a game winning drive.

Martinez give us the best chance to lose each and every game he starts, not the other way around. I'd rather have seen Luke start and us not attempt a single pass than AM take one more snap at NU.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Defense stepped up at the end of the game other wise Luke didn’t do anything to win that game in the 4th Q..

We won that game against what was a winless PSU team at the time, despite LM, not because of him. We had a defensive TD, a blocked kick, several late defensive stops. AM, has not been good but he has rarely been the beneficiary of things like that. That game also had LM’s only TD “pass” (vs 6 INT’s) on a glorified handoff to Betts.

We won that game against what was a winless PSU team at the time, despite LM, not because of him. We had a defensive TD, a blocked kick, several late defensive stops. AM, has not been good but he has rarely been the beneficiary of things like that. That game also had LM’s only TD “pass” (vs 6 INT’s) on a glorified handoff to Betts.
AM was the beneficiary of good defense + 200 yards rushing by Mills vs Rutgers, a significantly worse opponent, while seemingly actively attempting to throw the game away via 4 first half turnovers

you then campaigned for that exact game being the blueprint for our offense moving forward, AND CONTINUE TO DO SO

lol yea the book on AM when he leaves NU as the losingest QB in college football history will be 'tough luck'

Last edited:
this is the single saddest post I have ever seen on this site. no wonder the word 'excuses' is a running joke around here. AM barely beat a dogshit purdue team after a blocked kick gave us the ball on the 1 and multiple INTs to go with several late defensive stops.

that winless psu team possessed more talent than rutgers and purdue combined.

give me a f*cking break. Stockholm Syndrome like you read about.

Last edited:
adrian martinez's single greatest accomplishment as the NU QB was beating a 7-6 MSU team while leading the offense to zero touchdowns despite starting 2(!) 4th quarter drives inside opponent territory

imagine what he'd have done if he got some help from the defense, right @headcard??

this is the single saddest post I have ever seen on this site. no wonder the word 'excuses' is a running joke around here. AM barely beat a dogshit purdue team after a blocked kick gave us the ball on the 1 and multiple INTs to go with several late defensive stops.

that winless psu team possessed more talent than rutgers and purdue combined.

give me a f*cking break. Stockholm Syndrome like you read about.

Im not an AM fan, I would love for us to do better. I think we need a portal QB in the worst way. But everything I typed is true and you know it. LM was a disaster and the one win you give him sole credit for was in spite of him not because of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
adrian martinez's single greatest accomplishment as the NU QB was beating a 7-6 MSU team while leading the offense to zero touchdowns despite starting 2(!) 4th quarter drives inside opponent territory

imagine what he'd have done if he got some help from the defense, right @headcard??

This makes LM better? AM was QB in the snowstorm game where no one moved the ball, he was also QB in many games where the defense allow the go ahead score late. The fact that AM is bad does not mean LM wasn’t worse. Which he was in every single way possible. AM was bad enough to get benched and for LM to get a shot. LM was so brutally bad, the job had to be given back.

AM is a better QB that Luke right now. Luke is a better Athlete. Frost probably decided to go back to AM because he wasnt gaining anything with Luke (they both were a new level of shitty), and was actually losing a weapon. Luke can play other positions (and should), but AM cant.

I think the biggest failure is our QB coaching. I dont think we have the tools in the shed to improve a QB.

I think the biggest failure is our QB coaching. I dont think we have the tools in the shed to improve a QB.
This^ It’s quiet obvious that Veeduzco is the biggest waste of money on the staff and I haven’t seen anything that he brings to the table on game day or practice except for some 10 page test that our QB take every year..

Disappointing that Frost has no idea what he has in the QB room behind AM. You mean to tell me you haven't evalauted the talent beyond LM and AM when they both have struggled ? What does that mean for kids sitting down the depth chart, you could have nothing or Hiesman caliber talent riding the pine.

Disappointing that Frost has no idea what he has in the QB room behind AM. You mean to tell me you haven't evaluated the talent beyond LM and AM when they both have struggled ? What does that mean for kids sitting down the depth chart, you could have nothing or Heisman caliber talent riding the pine.

Makes you wonmder if kids are leaving because this is going on at other postions on the team. If they aren't looking at the kids objectively and giving each a chance then that could be why so many are leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT