ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey Not on Huskers.com Roster...Asked for Release

Crack kills bro. Hope you can get right.

I hope you'll enjoy, yet again, another night in DeTox.

Btw, at this point you are really boring me. I understand and respect your cornered attempt to defend what is left.

I expected greater discourse. Instead, all I get is a sad series of "no u's" or some silly remark aimed at me. The point is that you don't know me. You aren't on a level to talk. You are a negative monger and I think many here have some words for you.

Stevie Wonder knew TL shouldn’t have tried to field that punt.

If you meant the rest of the time, naah, I’m not usually watching for that. I watch the ball and whoever has it. I’m not saying TL is always in position, never in position.

I am hoping you will keep me posted in the future, so that I don’t have to wonder anymore. With all the players.

That’d be nice.
That's cute, except you did claim to know about his position accuracy by stating you had no complaints about it. I just asked you a simple question if you would know either way. Thanks for answering honestly and confirming what I already knew.

That's cute, except you did claim to know about his position accuracy by stating you had no complaints about it. I just asked you a simple question if you would know either way. Thanks for answering honestly and confirming what I already knew.
And for the record, my response was to Beav, who intimated that TL was not necessarily out of position. I was going off of his post making some assumptions.

But yes, I am not one of the resident coaches on this board. You got me. I have just enjoyed watching husker football for as long as I can remember, dating back to the late 70s. That doesn’t make me knowledgeable about schemes and positioning and stuff, and quite frankly, I’ve never pretended to know either.

Do you feel smarter now that you took me down?

I hope you'll enjoy, yet again, another night in DeTox.

Btw, at this point you are really boring me. I understand and respect your cornered attempt to defend what is left.

I expected greater discourse. Instead, all I get is a sad series of "no u's" or some silly remark aimed at me. The point is that you don't know me. You aren't on a level to talk. You are a negative monger and I think many here have some words for you.

Maybe somebody can translate your post for me. But for real, think about putting down the pipe and get it together homie. I'm sure your veteran friends will tell you the same.

Good riddance. I’d rather lose games than have cry babies and quitters on the roster. Frees up more spots for Frost to bring in his guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerfan2112
How long before Ljax is gone? The comments by fisher made it seem like he wouldn't be around much longer.

Neither would be a huge loss.

I was surprised he hadn't asked for his release. To me that says alot about his character. I'll wait too say anything further, but maybe he is starting to get it. Let him gather himself. He has the physical ability to be great.

All that the new rule allows is to actually play more games and still redshirt...I don't think this transfer has anything to do with the redshirt rule but everything to do with the staff really disliking his play. Being replaced in all facets of the game, and by a slow white guy, is a slap in the face. This is a kid from LV, who has no love of the huskers, came here for MR and his west coast connections. A very predictable transfer imo. The dude from Clemson was about to lose eligibility as a senior...so he had to transfer or else he would be done sitting and watching a true freshman. That made a whole lot more sense. Plus as a graduate he can redshirt this year, and play immediately next year. So he was very wise to make the decision and it was honorable for Clemson to give him the opportunity to make the decision. If they would have started him against Syracuse his career would have been over.

Maybe the slow white guy is a better football player. Maybe, just maybe... he takes blocking on bubble screens seriously...or outside zone plays for that matter.Eek WinkingLaughingLaughing

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Maybe somebody can translate your post for me. But for real, think about putting down the pipe and get it together homie. I'm sure your veteran friends will tell you the same.
Oh this is just pathetic at best. I'll meet you in lowbrow. Can we get:

All the King's horses and all the King's men?
Put this "Humpty Dumpty" together again?

Good riddance. I’d rather lose games than have cry babies and quitters on the roster. Frees up more spots for Frost to bring in his guys.
Frost already has plenty of room to bring in his own guys. Although I don't think Lindsey is a huge loss, we have too many starters whose production is at what a third string player should be.

I think one of the issues with TL was that he should have been red-shirted last year. He was coming off of a knee injury from high school, barely playing his senior year. He was undersized and he himself even admitted that he was not ready. If he was a redshirt Freshman this year he may have viewed his reps and playing time differently, imo.

I was surprised he hadn't asked for his release. To me that says alot about his character. I'll wait too say anything further, but maybe he is starting to get it. Let him gather himself. He has the physical ability to be great.
I agree. I thought he would be one that would leave after his benching. I posted Sunday that I expected a couple of transfers that day or Monday. IMO, he's not been a smart player but maybe he looked at what transferring would mean and made a smart choice. He's also cocky enough to think that with the window Frost gave him to regain his spot by saying "IF you practice the best you'll get your spot back" that he'll easily regain his starting role. He knows how thin we are at corner.

Reactions: red scowl
And for the record, my response was to Beav, who intimated that TL was not necessarily out of position. I was going off of his post making some assumptions.

But yes, I am not one of the resident coaches on this board. You got me. I have just enjoyed watching husker football for as long as I can remember, dating back to the late 70s. That doesn’t make me knowledgeable about schemes and positioning and stuff, and quite frankly, I’ve never pretended to know either.

Do you feel smarter now that you took me down?
Yeah, a little bit. Just to build you back up...I guarantee I know as little or less than you regarding schemes, etc. That being said, we are in the majority around here in that regard, most just don't realize it or refuse to admit it.

Reactions: timnsun
Yeah, a little bit. Just to build you back up...I guarantee I know as little or less than you regarding schemes, etc. That being said, we are in the majority around here in that regard, most just don't realize it or refuse to admit it.
Obviously I'm not saying TL never screwed up. The point is just that if he's that underwhelming and he was #2, how bad do you have to be to be at #3 or 4? So if anyone thinks it's going to be "addition by subtraction" I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

This would be a very opportune time for Woodyard to put it all together.

Obviously I'm not saying TL never screwed up. The point is just that if he's that underwhelming and he was #2, how bad do you have to be to be at #3 or 4? So if anyone thinks it's going to be "addition by subtraction" I wouldn't hold your breath on that.

This would be a very opportune time for Woodyard to put it all together.
I hear what you're saying and agree it would be a great time for someone to figure it all out.

Maybe the slow white guy is a better football player. Maybe, just maybe... he takes blocking on bubble screens seriously...or outside zone plays for that matter.Eek WinkingLaughingLaughing

Sure does, but those things matter to young guys...TL is what 19? From Lindsay's point of view his superior speed, agility should matter too...I am sure that is what Riley passed on. It has to be a trip to have a staff of coaches who do not appear to respect talent, especially because we are so bad. I do know they talked a whole lot more about talent in fall camp, and now they are talking about discipline, do things the right way, regardless of ability.

Sure does, but those things matter to young guys...TL is what 19? From Lindsay's point of view his superior speed, agility should matter too...I am sure that is what Riley passed on. It has to be a trip to have a staff of coaches who do not appear to respect talent, especially because we are so bad. I do know they talked a whole lot more about talent in fall camp, and now they are talking about discipline, do things the right way, regardless of ability.
i’m assuming that’s because all of that talent let us to 0-4...

i’m assuming that’s because all of that talent let us to 0-4...

Hopefully at some point discipline and focus begin to look like talent. I suppose they are relying on S&C to make up the gap...it really all comes down to competition, TL wouldn't even be a sniff in the wind if he wasn't in the top half of our receivers, but it hurts to lose even disengaged guys at this point.

What does “do not appear to respect talent” mean?

Probably means HCSF isn’t doing what he wants him to.

It’s OK you can’t line up right, you run fast.

It’s OK you hold every play, you squat a ton.

Just play the guys that do what we want? No way, I respect talent.

Speed? Agility?? Who are we talking about again because Tyjon Lindsey has neither.

Speed? Agility?? Who are we talking about again because Tyjon Lindsey has neither.

Coaches must have thought so, they put him at PR over Spielman and made him the 3rd
option at wr...especially considering he doesn't know where to go on the field. But they might be wrong and you might be right.

What does “do not appear to respect talent” mean?

When they say he may not be the fastest guy on the team, with homerun ability, but he is going to play because he knows where to be, that shows they prefer positioning over talent. I agree with them but every team struggles with those two dichotomies...every team has a bunch of great athletes who individually can play football, and then they have guys who learn the system and know where to be at all times...have both of those things in one player can be a challenge. 0-4 has led them to skew to side of "be in position" vs. homerun ability or talent.

You can't just run real fast in the wrong direction and be like, "Yeah but my talent." A slow guy in the right place has a much better chance to make a play than a fast guy in the wrong place. Bottom line on Tyjon is he never really flashed that talent in a game. He looked 100% ordinary out there. But that doesn't mean there aren't guys behind him who are both less athletic and more clueless.

IMO if you only get to choose a high floor or a high ceiling, you choose the high floor. Eventually, NU needs to stock the roster with guys who have both.

The painful place they're in right now is they want to be able to sit guys who screw up, but they don't have backups who do it any better. This team isn't even 2-deep at most positions, let alone 3. Having competition and having talent goes hand in hand. If the guy behind you is so average that his best isn't much better than your half-assed effort, that puts a coach in a real bind.

Last edited:

Talent means nothing without hard work. Your logic is why we get man-handled by less talented teams. Your way doesn't work. See USC, they are quickly becoming an also ran. So much too work with here. Tell me how I'm wrong.

Talent means nothing without hard work. Your logic is why we get man-handled by less talented teams. Your way doesn't work. See USC, they are quickly becoming an also ran. So much too work with here. Tell me how I'm wrong.

USC has made crappy coaching decisions post Carroll, nothing more

USC has made crappy coaching decisions post Carroll, nothing more

So it is coaching. What do you do with players that can't identify they are not as good of football players as the starter despite their physical abilites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT