ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey Not on Huskers.com Roster...Asked for Release

Or try to field a bouncy punt with the opponents in your face? ;-)

Having said that, you make a good point here. TL wasn’t productive, but apart from the bad punt recovery attempt, there isn’t a lot to complain about from an out of position standpoint.
I actually think his muffed punt was an example of how losing affects your psyche and adds stress that hurts performance. Because there has been a TON of criticism of our special teams by both the fans and the coaches. Now 99% of that criticism was legit, but it still has an impact. The team is trying to win its first game. The coaches have drilled into the special teams return guys that we need to be more productive in returning kicks. We are on the road against Michigan. You go to field a punt near midfield. It bounces in front of you but you still think you have a chance to "make a play" like the coaches have been asking. You have personally been criticized as a player for being too timid and tentative. So f$ck it. Time to make a play. Oops! Shit! Doh!
I felt sorry for him actually.

At this point, I'm rolling with anything that happens. The team clearly needs a cultural enema. Lindsey may or may not have been a part of that - I don't know, and wish him well. At this point all I care about is the guys on the field doing the right things, win or lose. Culture first, everything else to follow.

Pretty sure Williams was a four star on at least one other site.
Could be, but I thought only the composite stars matter. Although admittedly, it is difficult to keep up with which stars matter, which rankings matter, whose opinions matter and which ones don't.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I actually think his muffed punt was an example of how losing affects your psyche and adds stress that hurts performance. Because there has been a TON of criticism of our special teams by both the fans and the coaches. Now 99% of that criticism was legit, but it still has an impact. The team is trying to win its first game. The coaches have drilled into the special teams return guys that we need to be more productive in returning kicks. We are on the road against Michigan. You go to field a punt near midfield. It bounces in front of you but you still think you have a chance to "make a play" like the coaches have been asking. You have personally been criticized as a player for being too timid and tentative. So f$ck it. Time to make a play. Oops! Shit! Doh!
Foreman was talking about this today, how he can see guys who are trying so hard to make a play that they forget to just do their job.

You get a couple dudes freelancing and now the other 9 guys don't know whether they should still do their own job or just start doing whatever because they don't know what to expect any more.

Look everyone, you want to try and get better and take a shot on a top-flight coach with a roster-flip? Ya got it.

There is no turning back. It's now or never.

Those that pissed and moaned about previous regimes, that is ancient history. We rise or we fall. I'm good with that.

Would rather take a chance with Frost. Regardless how it pans out. Honestly, this is the outcome I dreamed about. Otherwise, we sink into oblivion for good.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112

Having said that, you make a good point here. TL wasn’t productive, but apart from the bad punt recovery attempt, there isn’t a lot to complain about from an out of position standpoint.
I think most of the complaints from the coaches about being where you are supposed to be was directed at TL.

What people don't often realize is there are levels of bad below simply "not productive."

TL wasn't productive. No argument there. But worse than not productive is flat out screwing up.

What if you go from that to cutting the wrong direction on a route while the ball is in the air and suddenly you have a pick-6 instead of a mediocre gain. Or a guy doesn't know his blocking assignment and gets a ball carrier crushed. Doesn't know his route on a play and ends up knocking his own guy off his route on a 3rd down.

There's WAY more to the position than just what you see when he gets the football in his hands.
Don't know if it gets much worse than the punt return against Purdue. Oh and also calling a fair catch inside the 5 yard line. There's one thing that is for sure a positive in this news is that we never have to see Lindsey field another punt.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE

Would you honestly know if he was out of position?

I just don't get this line of thinking. I have never been a fan of filling a class with warm bodies. They stick around for 4 years and rarely contribute. I would rather give a walk on a scholarship for one year than give a kid that is walk on equivalent a 4 year scholarship
EXACTLY.

Yeah this staff should be recruiting like they need to fill 30 spots. Still plenty of time to do that.

Bill Callahan used his Super Bowl appearance to recruit like a madman, and he brought in a National Champ caliber defense.

Frost needs to get on the recruiting trail, but my "gut" is he is going to gut this roster and do a lot of late-stage pitches to kids that want to come in as true freshman and play right away.

There will be a lot of 2-deeps on other teams that don't provide that opportunity. Nebraska has it in spades.

Would you honestly know if he was out of position?
Stevie Wonder knew TL shouldn’t have tried to field that punt.

If you meant the rest of the time, naah, I’m not usually watching for that. I watch the ball and whoever has it. I’m not saying TL is always in position, never in position.

I am hoping you will keep me posted in the future, so that I don’t have to wonder anymore. With all the players.

That’d be nice.

He didn’t show much at Neb, would wash jocks at OU

I agree. Honest confession, when it happen I was yelling “Come on, field the ball, make a play.”

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Foreman was talking about this today, how he can see guys who are trying so hard to make a play that they forget to just do their job.

You get a couple dudes freelancing and now the other 9 guys don't know whether they should still do their own job or just start doing whatever because they don't know what to expect any more.
Then I am in good company! Never happened before....

Says the guy that burns Nike gear because he knew a veteran or something. Lol
There are so many real problems in the world. Your attention is on Nike and Colin, while those of us who go out and add to humanity, go home and do it again. Some of us will never go home. What is your excuse for living in the lack thereof?

Look everyone, you want to try and get better and take a shot on a top-flight coach with a roster-flip? Ya got it.

There is no turning back. It's now or never.

Those that pissed and moaned about previous regimes, that is ancient history. We rise or we fall. I'm good with that.

Would rather take a chance with Frost. Regardless how it pans out. Honestly, this is the outcome I dreamed about. Otherwise, we sink into oblivion for good.

Youre damn right!

Gebbia got like 25 pages. Wouldn't call him an impact player either.
Well IF he had stuck around and led us to wins by finishing the CU game and then playing the Troy game he could have been at least a little bit of an impact player. I think there's a good chance we would have won those games with Gebbia instead of Bunch. I like what Bunch brings to the table as a backup but Gebbia was on another level with all the reps he got with the ones and with his accuracy. JMHO.

Reactions: TheBeav815
There are so many real problems in the world. Your attention is on Nike and Colin, while those of us who go out and add to humanity, go home and do it again. Some of us will never go home. What is your excuse for living in the lack thereof?

kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
You all do realize that TL’s scholarship is already spent right? Kade Warner will be taking that scholarship. So TL leaving is a wash with Kade. Walk-on starters will be put on scholarship. I guarantee that

I hope Kade stole TL’s girlfriend too. I’d love for him to tweet TL and say “took your job, took your scholarship, took your girlfriend, and my dad is cooler than your dad. Now take your football and go home, cry baby.” LOL

I'm sure he wants to go to Oklahoma with Bookie and Pledger, but will they take him?
With the little he did here. I really don't see any top school tacking a chance on him. He will have to go to a place like Oregon St. Maybe Juco for a year, if he breaks out. Then could go somewhere better for the last 2.

Reactions: headcard
I hope he does well. He has talent but it just never clicked here for various reasons.

I wonder if being hospitalized for a few days with rhabdo affected his ability to trust the new coaching staff.

Reactions: husker2612
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT