ADVERTISEMENT

Tyjon Lindsey health..

Well this thread got weird.

I was wondering with all the crowing about how hard the new S&C staff was gonna go and about trash cans and IV bags if they were gonna run some kids in with rhabdo. I also wonder how often this stuff used to happen back when and you just didn't hear anything about it.

Go too hard and you kill the golden goose. Vigorous S&C is a vital part of a successful program. But put kids in the hospital and you'll find yourself attracting "outside opinions" on how hard you're allowed to work the kids out. They'd better walk that line carefully.

Reactions: davecisar
I think the coaches should be working these guys until they start puking.. it's what we did in the army every morning during pt.

If the coaching staff is being hard on them, good. It will be part of what makes them turn into men.

I don't know why, but this reminds me of bicycle helmets. In my generation, no one would be caught dead riding a bike with a bicycle helmet. I don't think they were invented yet either. It was the early days of BMX bikes with chromoly frames and tuffs rims and nobody wore a stinking helmet.

These days, everybody has to have a bike helmet, spandex bike shorts and if you're really into it, a 'yellow' shirt.. :rolleyes:

Society has gone weak.

I think the coaches should be working these guys until they start puking.. it's what we did in the army every morning during pt.

If the coaching staff is being hard on them, good. It will be part of what makes them turn into men.

I don't know why, but this reminds me of bicycle helmets. In my generation, no one would be caught dead riding a bike with a bicycle helmet. I don't think they were invented yet either. It was the early days of BMX bikes with chromoly frames and tuffs rims and nobody wore a stinking helmet.

These days, everybody has to have a bike helmet, spandex bike shorts and if you're really into it, a 'yellow' shirt.. :rolleyes:

Society has gone weak.
Well I can understand the benefit of not fracturing your skull if you fall off your bike, but I do get a good laugh out of the guys who get decked out to ride like 10 miles in full gear like it's the Tour de France. It's always the weekend warrior 40-something dads, then they meet up with a pack of fellow dad-bros and see if they can go obstruct traffic somewhere.

Meanwhile you got kids in their 20s delivering sandwiches on bikes all day 5 days a week in jeans.

But rhabdo is rhabdo, it's a legit medical condition and it's very dangerous if not properly treated. It's not something you pretend to have like every other d-bag who yaps about crossfit, it's something you're diagnosed with by an actual doctor.

Sounds similar to what happened at Oregon last year. I think the culprit is the month-plus they had off due to not making a bowl game. Body was probably unprepared for the intensity.

My opinion is that Nebraska fans tend to root for the home town guy and believe that somehow that the home town guy has more heart simply because he is from Nebraska. Nebraska fan will also give that home town guy the benefit of the doubt far more often than they will the out of state guy.

If Adam Taylor was a running back from Fremont, there would way fewer complaints about how he was a bust and ate up a scholarship for 5 years. I don't think it is necessarily racism though. It is simply a byproduct of the demographics of the average Nebraska town outside of Lincoln and Omaha.

I disagree and can give you plenty of examples where the opposite occurred. And since you brought up Adam Taylor, let’s stay with RB.

Collins Oakfor. Local kid and looked great in HS. Westside I believe? Anyways, Omaha kid that showed up and just was never going to cut it. Very bright kid with amazing grades.The census on this board was he was dead weight and needed to quit football and get an academic scholarship.

David Horne was praised until we saw him play as true Frosh. Then everyone stated he sucked and too soft to play football at NU.

Or My first year on rivals, Josh Davis was bashed left and right and he’s a legacy. He didn’t play HS football in NE but grew up in NE and his dad was a loved former husker. The census on this board was Solich was an idiot for playing him over Cory Ross.
I was one of those posters. Ha. Cory Ross is responsible for my screen name.

Lastly, a lot of people didn’t like Jaylin’s offer either. Didn’t want a 3-Star with basically no other P5 offers.

I disagree and can give you plenty of examples where the opposite occurred. And since you brought up Adam Taylor, let’s stay with RB.

Collins Oakfor. Local kid and looked great in HS. Westside I believe? Anyways, Omaha kid that showed up and just was never going to cut it. Very bright kid with amazing grades.The census on this board was he was dead weight and needed to quit football and get an academic scholarship.

David Horne was praised until we saw him play as true Frosh. Then everyone stated he sucked and too soft to play football at NU.

Or My first year on rivals, Josh Davis was bashed left and right and he’s a legacy. He didn’t play HS football in NE but grew up in NE and his dad was a loved former husker. The census on this board was Solich was an idiot for playing him over Cory Ross.
I was one of those posters. Ha. Cory Ross is responsible for my screen name.

Lastly, a lot of people didn’t like Jaylin’s offer either. Didn’t want a 3-Star with basically no other P5 offers.

Edit: Misunderstood what you were getting at.

Solich was an idiot for playing Davis over Cory, btw.

Reactions: stonesak
Lol Army PT. Most military pt is easy unless youre SOF.

When I went into Basic Training- some friends that had gone through said ...... " you will be in the best shape of your life"

I rarely if ever even got winded
Gained 7-8 lbs- I thought the food was great and could eat as much as you wanted- even in the summer heat of South Carolina
2 a days were WAY harder than basic

My drill sargent Johnny Phelan paired the weaker kids with kids who had played football- because he said the football kids were not going to have a problem- whereas the non football players would.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I still see giant jugs of "protein supplements" on the kitchen counters of high schoolers and I am VERY sure they're still being used by college kids too. Unfortunately the FDA doesn't regulate them like they should. It's a travesty and people unwittingly will buy the stuff based on testimonials from paid hucksters.

They also listen to steroid junkies who claim all they did was eat right and gobble protein..

They also listen to steroid junkies who claim all they did was eat right and gobble protein..
My take on this deal is probably that it was not much more than some kids who came in maybe not in the best of shape who pushed themselves beyond what they should have and tried "to gut it out". IF they went home and took Ibuprofen and didn't tell the trainers about how badly they hurt or felt it only made it worse. Pain is a warning sign that something isn't right. In hindsight, I probably experienced this at a summer basketball camp some 45 years ago and told no one. Literally couldn't do anything on the 2nd day of the camp and had a helluva time even moving. 1st day of camp they started by "teaching" us some pretty high impact drills that involved jumping and cutting.for hours on concrete at times. I was sick as hell the whole week with horrible back and leg pain and it took me a couple of weeks to get to where I could walk without pain. Bottomline was I was fine within a month. I did learn exactly ONE post move out of a whole week that we worked on the first day. What a waste of time.

Society has gone weak.
Extremely weak

Reactions: Mack In Motion
ADVERTISEMENT