ADVERTISEMENT

Two recruiting tidbits (Coleman-Goldman)

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
1. Malachi Coleman announces decision Saturday. Looking like Nebraska could get a big W this week!
Keeping Joseph on staff in some capacity could be important to keeping Coleman.

2. Mason Goldman (Gretna) got the Nebraska offer recently, and it’s up in the air whether they’d want him to play DL or OL.
A reputable Husker reporter said on a podcast “Don’t discount the idea he might look elsewhere simply because of how it went with Zane Flores.”. So there’s that.

Bonus tidbit #3: Current QB commit William Watson visited Virginia Tech, likely exploring his options under the assumption Whipple may not be at Nebraska next year.
Coincidentally, this may relate to #2 above. We might get caught with our pants down cus we ignored our in-state talent.

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
1. Malachi Coleman announces decision Saturday. Looking like Nebraska could get a big W this week!

2. Mason Goldman (Gretna) got the Nebraska offer recently, and it’s up in the air whether they’d want him to play DL or OL.
A reputable Husker reporter said on a podcast “Don’t discount the idea he might look elsewhere simply because of how it went with Zane Flores.”. So there’s that.

Bonus tidbit #3: Current QB commit William Watson visited Virginia Tech, likely exploring his options under the assumption Whipple may not be at Nebraska next year.
Coincidentally, this may relate to #2 above. We might get caught with our pants down cus we ignored our in-state talent.

If hes visiting VA tech. Hes average anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHNNY N

BOB could quarterback whisper Flores, especially with the right QB coach hire.

What position do people think Coleman will play in college? I don't think he will be on offense.

BOB could quarterback whisper Flores, especially with the right QB coach hire.
Agreed. Or BOB may certainly be able to do better.

I’ll admit I’m just mildly obsessed with how unacceptable I think it was how Frost and Co. ignored Flores. I’ve said lack of an “offer” wasn’t my issue as much as zero communication until way late in the game when frankly our QB room basically sucked, and he was a clear young talent. The note above about Goldman hints at why those things matter. Damon Benning has alluded to such things about other in-state guys and the lack of attention they were given.

First thing MJ did as interim was go to Coleman’s HS game.
Good riddance to the previous loser staff.

What position do people think Coleman will play in college? I don't think he will be on offense.
Either pass rusher or WR. It may depend how his body is growing. I’ve not seen his defensive film, but it also depends where his mentality is at. He said he’s open to whatever.

I actually do think he’ll stay at WR.

Reactions: headcard
Either pass rusher or WR. It may depend how his body is growing. I’ve not seen his defensive film, but it also depends where his mentality is at. He said he’s open to whatever.

I actually do think he’ll stay at WR.
I saw video of him running track. Not done growing into his body. With his speed, he could be a nightmare as a DE or OLB.

I’m not overly worried about losing Watson at all, and I’m reasonably confident there can always be some decent guys found in the portal. But I also would like to see us actually develop some young QBs and make them contenders.
We have Haarberg and Torres who are each 6'4" with plus arms, Perfect specimens for development by BOB or Gundy type of coach.

Reactions: HominidHusker

Interesting thing about Pop Watson visiting VT. He'd be a good fit there and with Whipple not being on staff next season (unfortunately, I wish he'd stay on), it makes sense for him to explore other options

Reactions: HominidHusker
Any commitment from anyone right now would mean nothing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT