ADVERTISEMENT

Two Questions: Bowl game possible? And where was Betts?

Listening to HCSF and AMart ,I’m not to sure that Huskers decline bowl game invite.

RE: another game - HCSF said in his post game, Bowl Game is up to players, more likely not if it means playing in the next 5 or 6 days and getting back home at 4am again, said this past week was a tough turnaround, thinks he needs to find out what's left in the tank and if there are viable options to play if they want too. also he mentioned that some players haven't seen their families since March, fwiw

RE: another game - HCSF said in his post game, Bowl Game is up to players, more likely not if it means playing in the next 5 or 6 days and getting back home at 4am again, said this past week was a tough turnaround, thinks he needs to find out what's left in the tank and if there are viable options to play if they want too. also he mentioned that some players haven't seen their families since March, fwiw
Lotta peeps ain't seen they families dog. Feel for them, but that's 2020 in America.

• Haha
Reactions: Flick2.0
Its weird to think that we would decline a bowl bid, but by the way Frost was talking I'd say it's pretty likely. He sounded pretty worn out.

Reactions: TFrazier
I think he was frozen. It’s pretty cold out there.
I’d guess we go bowling. Kids come to Nebraska to play, I think they’ll take this opportunity.
Frost has refered to a long season before. Not really missing much as far as practice goes if you go bowing in a week. Normally the season has been over by first week in December. This year we were still playing games on the 18th.

I think he was frozen. It’s pretty cold out there.
I’d guess we go bowling. Kids come to Nebraska to play, I think they’ll take this opportunity.
You get the extra practice time, frost did say in his press conference that if the bowl game is like only a week or less away might not except it

hasn't been that long of a season though, they started in october right?
They started quarantining and working out in August. Then they were doing limited stuff but still testing and isolating while they were waiting for the B!G to get their heads our of their asses. It's been a long long fall. Way more stressful than a normal season especially with the losing. Most of the time the guys would get some time off before bowl practices after Thanskgiving.

Reactions: saluno22
They have played 8 games, and would decline a 9th?

That's pretty weak, especially when we need the practices and the work.

Reactions: FLAGBR
One problem is that a number of the so-called “lower tier” bowls - the ones which might be inclined to invite a 3-5 team - have already been canceled. The remaining bowls have more teams to choose from.

I have no idea if the conference tie-ins for bowl games still apply this year, or if the Covid situation will allow bowls to look outside their normal conference ties?

Benning or Severe said Betts was out with Covid...

From some of the players and head coach SF sounds like they could pass up playing in a bowl..

Will know more on Sunday...

Reactions: CatColumbia
After Frost and Adrians post game comment I think we are going to decline an invite. Guys are beat up and haven't seen their families in months.

Do you really want a bowl game? Just end it on a high note, even if it was a 7 point win over the one of two teams in the B10 worse than us. Beating Rutgers didn’t all of a sudden mean we are a good enough football team to beat any team better than a Rutgers or Purdue. Do you really want another evening of frustration and disappointment, filled with mistakes, blown blocking assignments and penalties against a .500 B12, ACC or SEC team to reminds us of that? Walk away now. Enjoy the good cheer. Dream for a while that on one night, against the worse team in the B10, Scott and crew suddenly became good coaches. Embrace the rosey confidence that this game was the harbinger of the sudden and astounding reemergence of Big Red glory in 2021. Why ruin that and my holidays when reality comes crashing back down in a bowl game that clearly HCSF, his staff and the players aren’t embracing.

Reactions: donahues17
You may be overthinking it. 😆
Yes, we want more opportunities to have organized practices and action in a live game.
A week of practicing the same stuff with a significant amount of that extra practice time going to scout team looks for prep against whatever opponent we play isn't really going to accomplish much in the long run.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT