Twitter = Science Denier Platform

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Once again, this social media platform censors the truth...

I am sure the guy will be famous now and a martyr for wackjob right wing Trumpologists so it's not all bad. If Twitter hadn't banned him ( for a whole 12 hours) about 3 people would have read his tweet. This dude should be thanking twitter for the ban.

Cosmoc

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2004
Corpus Christi, TX
I am sure the guy will be famous now and a martyr for wackjob right wing Trumpologists so it's not all bad. If Twitter hadn't banned him ( for a whole 12 hours) about 3 people would have read his tweet. This dude should be thanking twitter for the ban.

His popularity isn't really the point, Twitter.com denying science is...

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
His popularity isn't really the point, Twitter.com denying science is...
Perhaps, but his popularity just went up a thousand-fold so it's not all bad is my point.

I wish Twitter would not ban this shit so it avoids giving idiots a bigger voice via cancel culture faux outrage. Of course, I wish Twitter had never been invented in the first place.

Cosmoc

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2004
Corpus Christi, TX
It is a matter of perception. If a man thinks he's a woman, then yes that woman can get pregnant.

A better question is why do you give a shit what other people think or do? If we all just worried about our own shit, the world would be a better place.

Biology disagrees with your 1st statement. I agree with your 2nd statement.

RedHour

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2008
It is a matter of perception. If a man thinks he's a woman, then yes that woman can get pregnant.

A better question is why do you give a shit what other people think or do? If we all just worried about our own shit, the world would be a better place.
For the most part I don't care what other people do, as long as it's not harmful to others. But there are a few reasons off the top of my head why I think it matters how we define man and woman.

-It's a matter of mammalian biology. If a mammal gets pregnant, by definition it's a female.

-Redefining man and woman is being incorporated in the schools. I don't think it's good for students to be taught erroneous science.

-For thousands of years people knew the definition of male and female, now people are confused about it? What new discoveries have been made to cause the confusion?

-Mentally ill people, such as those who are confused about what sex they are, should get the help they need. Society should not go along with the delusion.

It's sad that this has to be explained to otherwise reasonable people.

Last edited:

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE

He should post on the trump blog, it's the only true free speech platform in the world. Racists, Chi-Mo's, Fascists' are not only welcome, but encouraged to post.

Reactions: philosophusker

Cosmoc

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2004
Corpus Christi, TX
He should post on the trump blog, it's the only true free speech platform in the world. Racists, Chi-Mo's, Fascists' are not only welcome, but encouraged to post.

Because he believes that only biological women can have children?? In sounds like President Trump truly wounded you.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedHour

...TrueColors...

College Football Hall of Fame
Jan 22, 2009
How am I denying science?

And Trumpers are science deniers. It's science.

You just said “If a man thinks he's a woman, then yes that woman can get pregnant.”

That goes against basic biology. Biological men, regardless of what they may or may not think, can’t get pregnant. To say otherwise is point-blank denying science.

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005

Why do people think a for-profit social media platform has any obligations above and beyond the law of the land to provide a platform for anything.

The irony in the whole issue is the FCC, under the control of a Trump appointee, determined that the Internet is not a common carrier and thus not held to the rules that would prevent Twitter from disabling Trump's account.

But I defer to the SCOTUS. Which a conservative justice wrote-
“it seems rather odd to say that something is a government forum when a private company has unrestricted authority to do away with it,”

Legally Twitter and all other social media platforms can cancel anyone they want, anytime they want, for whatever they want. Thanks to Trump's appointment of Ajit Pai.

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
Why do people think a for-profit social media platform has any obligations above and beyond the law of the land to provide a platform for anything.

The irony in the whole issue is the FCC, under the control of a Trump appointee, determined that the Internet is not a common carrier and thus not held to the rules that would prevent Twitter from disabling Trump's account.

But I defer to the SCOTUS. Which a conservative justice wrote-
“it seems rather odd to say that something is a government forum when a private company has unrestricted authority to do away with it,”

Legally Twitter and all other social media platforms can cancel anyone they want, anytime they want, for whatever they want. Thanks to Trump's appointment of Ajit Pai.

They legally can do it, yes. The people they do it to is odd. They allowed Hamas to use their platform to direct terrorists but Trump gets banned because he’s mean. It comes down to the politics of the owners.

Reactions: RedHour

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
They legally can do it, yes. The people they do it to is odd. They allowed Hamas to use their platform to direct terrorists but Trump gets banned because he’s mean. It comes down to the politics of the owners.
Then Change the laws, or get the FCC ruling *overturned that Trump wanted.

I love it when you get exactly what you asked for only to figure out it was not what you wanted.

*Edit

Last edited:

Cosmoc

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2004
Corpus Christi, TX
No, all I'm just saying that he wouldn't get banned on the trump blog. That's the whole point of it, right?

Oh, you're referring to free speech. I don't know about Trump's blog, but I know Twitter and other prominent social media sites don't believe in free speech...

Reactions: Jaemekon

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
This doesn’t make any sense
You are correct. I missed a word.

overturned. Put it right between ruling and wanted.

In other words, Trump wanted and got the FCC to rule that the Internet did not qualify as a common carrier. Thus it is not obligated to follow the same laws that would protect his very speech on Twitter.

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Oh, you're referring to free speech. I don't know about Trump's blog, but I know Twitter and other prominent social media sites don't believe in free speech...
Unless you're fluent in international speech laws, I don't know how you can claim any given company is anti-free speech. Tons of countries tell media companies like twitter and facebook what can and can't be posted based on each countries laws.

Guessing it's a lot more complicated than this one example, but I get that you're trying to build on the narrative that conservatives are persecuted by media. Keep working those refs.

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
You are correct. I missed a word.

overturned. Put it right between ruling and wanted.

In other words, Trump wanted and got the FCC to rule that the Internet did not qualify as a common carrier. Thus it is not obligated to follow the same laws that would protect his very speech on Twitter.

Im not arguing it’s illegal for Twitter to do it and it’s not a free speech issue for them to ban anyone they choose.

I would argue, however, that just because they can ban someone it doesn’t mean they should. One can point out a lot of hypocrisy with all social media at the moment and their actions don’t promote what I’d refer to as a freedom of expression culture and it further divides.

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
Yep, funny little saying in America:
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Just like a local restaurant can deny service to a person wearing a MAGA hat.

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
Trump got banned for lying in nearly every tweet. Not being mean.

Trump couldn’t say the election was stolen from him but Stacey Abrams has been able to say that same thing for going on 2+ years now. Hence my point about hypocrisy and it comes down to what Twitter agrees with politically and what it doesn’t.

If you don’t believe that social media is just another arm of the Democratic Party at this point I really don’t know what to tell you.

...TrueColors...

Jan 22, 2009
Yep, funny little saying in America:
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

Just like a local restaurant can deny service to a person wearing a MAGA hat.

“Twitter should ban Donald Trump! They reserve the right to refuse service to anyone!

“No!!!! The guy in Colorado should be forced to make a cake for a gay wedding!!”

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
Im not arguing it’s illegal for Twitter to do it and it’s not a free speech issue for them to ban anyone they choose.

I would argue, however, that just because they can ban someone it doesn’t mean they should. One can point out a lot of hypocrisy with all social media at the moment and their actions don’t promote what I’d refer to as a freedom of expression culture and it further divides.
For the most part, I agree with what you are saying. However, I also recognize how dangerous of a game Trump is playing, and felt it was in the countries best interest.

However, the only reason they were able to ban him, was due to his appointee's changing of the classification of the Internet, so their buddies in the Telco industry could make more money.

That is ironic.

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
“Twitter should ban Donald Trump! They reserve the right to refuse service to anyone!

“No!!!! The guy in Colorado should be forced to make a cake for a gay wedding!!”
Although I am able to decern the clear differences in those two examples, I am not sure I agree with the latter. The owner should be able to have some rights. If catering to a flamboyant gay man, deters other regular business, he should retain the right to refuse. Just like the Gay man "can" appear to be just like the vast majority of other people to gain entry without placing the owner in a compromised position.

Politics are a matter of opinion and beliefs. Not a way of life or a genetic condition.

jja699

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2007
People that say men can get pregnant are just crazy as hell. No different to me then all the crazy conspiracy people. Put them all in the same damn group. We have a lot of dumbasses these days.

Reactions: Red_Hack

Cosmoc

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2004
Corpus Christi, TX
People that say men can get pregnant are just crazy as hell. No different to me then all the crazy conspiracy people. Put them all in the same damn group. We have a lot of dumbasses these days.

They prefer to be called science deniers, not "crazy as hell."...

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Fvcking dunce. One is discrimination one is not allowing lies.

I was descriminated against here in Lincoln, at the Super Target bakery.

For my wife's birthday, I wanted to have the bakery make her a cake with the words "Hail Satan" written on it. They refused to do it, I pressed them a little to try and get them to, but ultimately, they refused.

This is religious descrimination, but I didn't run to the twitter to get "points". I moved on with my day, got my own decorating supplies and did it myself.

Twitter is for lowlifes. That's why when I'm looking for fvcked up shit to post here, I usually just do a quick twitter search for fvcked up shit.